Silicon job ban

lbnesquik

Silicon job ban

Post by lbnesquik »

BYOND Name:lbnesquik

Reason Banned: As a borg, killed the traitor they were one-humaned to, though realized their mistake after the fact.

Admin who banned: Worgilisk

Length Banned: Infinite apparently

Appeal Reason: I do not believe this silicon job ban is deserved. During the round where it happened, i was playing as a security cyborg who went to the roboticist for a battery. Right afterward the roboticist removed my cell, i saw i was one human-ed. I went along with it since i wasn't given any order by the roboticist, i went to the bridge to see if anything was going on. Upon arriving there, the hop dragged me into the upload and one human-ed me. As i thought that emag  zeroth laws were 'stronger' than laws made in the upload. I beat him to death to avoid busting my master.
Afterward, it was brought to my attention that the hop had the bad luck that : 1. He uploaded precisely when i was under maintenance. 2. That since i thought the roboticist one human-ed me with an emag, i didn't read the laws closely and classified him as a non human. I did try to fix him up by bringing him to medical but he unfortunately got stuck on the medical wild ride, medical who ended up getting plasma flooded.

To sum up, bad timing and badly read laws lead to the death of the hop. While it is true that i fucked up in this situation, it wasn't grief, rdm, ignoring laws, exploiting loophole or anything malicious. That is why i think i think the silicon ban is not justified. While it was argued that i have a few tickets over bad behavior as a borg or an AI, thoses tickets are almost one year old now and,except the one added for this accident, i haven't made anything ticket worthing action since i got banned.

So i request for the ban over silicon roles to be lifted, not necessarily immediately and not necessarily over both roles.

Kenzie

RE: Silicon job ban

Post by Kenzie »

This incident wasn't really why you were jobbanned, you were jobbanned because you already *are* jobbanned from all silicon roles across your multiple accounts. When you were unbanned clearly someone forgot to mirror these appropriately. But you shouldn't really have been allowed to play silicons to begin with.
ex-headmin

lbnesquik

Post by lbnesquik »

Kenzie wrote: This incident wasn't really why you were jobbanned, you were jobbanned because you already *are* jobbanned from all silicon roles across your multiple accounts. When you were unbanned clearly someone forgot to mirror these appropriately. But you shouldn't really have been allowed to play silicons to begin with.
Actually, while i was banned from the AI role, i was allowed to use cyborgs when i was unbanned by poojawa. And again, i was playing according to the server rules, you can't bring up what i did a year ago to justify putting a permanent ban while ignoring 5 months of ticket free gameplay. At some age, the tickets become irrelevant.
Last edited by lbnesquik on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

JOBBAN
(Cyborg)
kineticnerd
2016-06-16 17:36:33
silencedmp5a5
Unban
Reason: "This never should have been removed."

Oh hey, and you were evading an AI jobban on kineticnerd the whole time, until you got AI jobbanned on that account too. Nice.

You've got something like half a dozen silicon-related offenses which is why these bans keep getting mirrored, if you could somehow play silicon without breaking your laws this wouldn't even have come up. What else do you think is gonna happen when you do something wrong as a role you're not even supposed to be allowed to play at the time.
ex-headmin

lbnesquik

Post by lbnesquik »

Kenzie wrote: JOBBAN
(Cyborg)
kineticnerd
2016-06-16 17:36:33
silencedmp5a5
Unban
Reason: "This never should have been removed."

Oh hey, and you were evading an AI jobban on kineticnerd the whole time, until you got AI jobbanned on that account too. Nice.

You've got something like half a dozen silicon-related offenses which is why these bans keep getting mirrored, if you could somehow play silicon without breaking your laws this wouldn't even have come up. What else do you think is gonna happen when you do something wrong as a role you're not even supposed to be allowed to play at the time.
It is true that i was ban evading earlier in my history. This got me a perma ban by tickets which i then appeal'ed in december after 6 months of ban. I can play wihout breaking my laws, if i was breaking them, there would have been some tickets in the almost 5 months of playing since the unban. I'd also mention that most of the tickets are very poorly detailled and been posted by admind who often didn't manage to stay in post for more than 2 months so i wouldn't take them as completly trustworthy.I also wasn't ban evading anything since the appeal as poojawa had lifted the cyborg ban.
Last edited by lbnesquik on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

lbnesquik wrote:It is true that i was ban evading earlier in my history. This got me a perma ban by tickets which i then appeal'ed in december after 6 months of ban.
I mean, you were ban evading even before that ban, and actually managed to get jobbanned from AI on both your accounts for separate instances, although the admins at the time must not have realized that you were the same person.
I can play wihout breaking my laws, if i was breaking them, there would have been some tickets in the almost 5 months of playing since the unban.
Well, you broke them and that's why the ban's back on. Plausibly an accident, but with your extensive history and considering you were ALREADY SUPPOSED TO BE BANNED FROM CYBORG this is not really good.
I'd also mention that most of the tickets are very poorly detailled and been posted by admind who often didn't manage to stay in post for more than 2 months so i wouldn't take them as completly trustworthy.
Ban reason is pretty bad, I'll admit, I'll probably have to look through logs to see what prompted this incident.
I also wasn't ban evading anything since the appeal as poojawa had lifted the cyborg ban.
You were evading the cyborg jobban from silencedmp5a5 that I posted, although this is mostly the fault of whoever removed the server permaban for not correctly mirroring history across the accounts.
ex-headmin

lbnesquik

Post by lbnesquik »

Kenzie wrote:
lbnesquik wrote: It is true that i was ban evading earlier in my history. This got me a perma ban by tickets which i then appeal'ed in december after 6 months of ban.
I mean, you were ban evading even before that ban, and actually managed to get jobbanned from AI on both your accounts for separate instances, although the admins at the time must not have realized that you were the same person.
I can play wihout breaking my laws, if i was breaking them, there would have been some tickets in the almost 5 months of playing since the unban.
Well, you broke them and that's why the ban's back on. Plausibly an accident, but with your extensive history and considering you were ALREADY SUPPOSED TO BE BANNED FROM CYBORG this is not really good.
I'd also mention that most of the tickets are very poorly detailled and been posted by admind who often didn't manage to stay in post for more than 2 months so i wouldn't take them as completly trustworthy.
Ban reason is pretty bad, I'll admit, I'll probably have to look through logs to see what prompted this incident.
I also wasn't ban evading anything since the appeal as poojawa had lifted the cyborg ban.
You were evading the cyborg jobban from silencedmp5a5 that I posted, although this is mostly the fault of whoever removed the server permaban for not correctly mirroring history across the accounts.
-I am pretty sure, turgent, poojawa and some others knew i had both accounts since i was asked about it before the perma ban. In this case, i wasn't ban evading anything, i was told to use the ckey lbnesquik and only this one and that is what i did. Also, isn't 6 months long enough of a punishment?

-Again, i wasn't supposed to be banned from cyborg, it is just that the tickets weren't updated with the results of the ban appeal. I maintain that accidentally breaking my laws then trying to fix it for most of the round duration isn't exactly the same as some of the stuff that would be job ban worthy for peoples with a 'clean' history like abusing loopholes, ignoring my laws deliberately or using the fact that i am not asimov to go and murder everyone i see. And again, i wasn't supposed to be banned and the history of some player become stale at some point. It's not like all the tickets i received from turgent were from 6 days ago.

-You'll find what i have described in my original post. You can also ask Jay, worg and lm40, aka you, for more details.

-As said before, pretty sure poojawa removed it. And if it was an accident, i still proved that i am not breaking my laws or skirting close to them during the time i was unbanned.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

lbnesquik wrote: -I am pretty sure, turgent, poojawa and some others knew i had both accounts since i was asked about it before the perma ban. In this case, i wasn't ban evading anything, i was told to use the ckey lbnesquik and only this one and that is what i did. Also, isn't 6 months long enough of a punishment?
This is something old don't worry about it, it was just another example of your silicon misconduct that you managed to get banned from them across both accounts for unrelated incidents.
-Again, i wasn't supposed to be banned from cyborg,
This is not true, I've already posted the relevant segment from the cyborg jobban earlier.

I've also had your connection logs checked and you've actually played for less than two weeks before running into trouble again, it's not like you've been consistently playing for five months with no incidents, the actual playtime was not very much and if you hadn't broken your laws again we wouldn't have even realized you were already supposed to be banned.
-As said before, pretty sure poojawa removed it. And if it was an accident, i still proved that i am not breaking my laws or skirting close to them during the time i was unbanned.
Poojawa removed /a/ ban. You were banned again. And that ban should have still been active this whole time.

If you want to appeal /that other/ ban then sure, go for it, but it does exist and you shouldn't have been allowed to play cyborgs since then.
ex-headmin

Leon_Leonardo

Post by Leon_Leonardo »

I'm gonna quote myself from a day or two ago: "Katie should never ever ever ever play silicons."

SilencedMP5A5

Post by SilencedMP5A5 »

^^