[Atlas O'Hare] RP Admin Application

Atlas O'Hare

[Atlas O'Hare] RP Admin Application

Post by Atlas O'Hare »

BYOND ckey: Atlas O'Hare
Character name: Hati and Proto are the main characters I play.
Discord username (+user id): Chernov R Pavlenko#8737 , or Hati, Queen of Gucci Crocs on Server.
How long have you played on Citadel?: Roughly a year, more or less.
How long have you played SS13?: Roughly a year, more or less.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: 6:00 PM EST - 12:00 AM EST, active time fluctuates but this is reliably the time I'll be on.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: I've been an admin for a couple Discord servers.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: N/A
Reason for application: I really enjoy and love the community, I feel like the best way to give back to it is through helping keeping the peace, and helping people where I can. I feel like it's also a good base to learn further trades that will help me give back to the community as a whole.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

For something major I'd ask that both players DM me so that I can learn both sides of the story, work from there doing my best to handle a situation fairly for both parties, and move the issue to somewhere else to help maintain the flow of the channel. If the situation is more so harassment as that the parties stop, and give a warning to the agitator.
For something minor I would ask that both parties cease, and to come to me if things get any worse.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

Access the situation, if a player needs assistance provide assistance, if two players are having an altercation do your best to settle things calmly, and fairly. Do your best to ensure that everyone is having fun, and things run smoothly. If a situation seems out of your control ask for help from another admin, it's always good to have a second opinion slash set of eyes on a situation.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

Minor offenses should be treated at first with a warning, and then scale up from that should it be a repeated offense. At most it should only ever extend to at most an in character punishment should the offender repeatedly make the offense over and over, or if admin intervention is requested by another player.
Major offenses, should be treated more sternly in reason. An honest mistake should be given at least a warning, but a major offense that requires some sort of planning should not. At most a major offense both in and out of game should be treated with a ban if the offender refuses to work with the admin team. At the least a job ban, temporary or not for in- game offensives, a warning for out of game offensives firstly depending on the severity of the the offense.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

An admin should de-admin when playing a character that isn't their CCO/Event character. Characters that wouldn't have an proper explanation to explain away what might be seen as 'bluespace magic' probably don't need the admin tools on.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

One should be kind and courteous to his peers, know how to be patient and understanding when working with someone, and resort to being stern when the situation calls for it. Be ready to lend a hand when called for, all in all, just be a decent person.

HarliChan

Re: [Atlas O'Hare] RP Admin Application

Post by HarliChan »

+1 from me

You've been here for quite some time, I've never seen or heard wrong from you, you are passionate about the community and seem to have a good head on shoulders and a great activity level.

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

As long as I get to continue to bully the fuck out of hati aye, but on a serious note you have been a levelheaded person and don't make brash decisions.

For the other stuff it'll be daunting as fuck seeing the admin tools so I'd suggest booting up a private server on the sideline to familiarize yourself with what does what and if you'd like you can poke me on discord for learning if you'd like

+1

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

+1 from me as well. I didn't know this application was even live. Hats is a solid player and would make a good addition to the administrative team.

Enzo_Leon

Post by Enzo_Leon »

Welcome aboard. Application is passed and on-boarded