Ban Appeal

Monos

Ban Appeal

Post by Monos »

BYOND Name: Monos

Reason Banned: Griefer ( http://gyazo.com/91e83fd612109c0e8fc6db14a6efffd4 ) 

Admin who banned you: Theoun

Length Banned: Permanent 

Appeal Reason: First off the none of the admins never said anything before they banned me. Therefore I had no space to explain why I did what I did. I do think I should have been talked to for my actions but not a permanent ban. http://gyazo.com/d3af1f3abd906b838b3334f48cfb44be This is the a screenshot of how they said nothing. Also I did spawn a Singularity, but if you catch the text ( I didn't snap a pic) it does say there were two singularity. I saw the other at escape so I thought it would be fun to have two. After I made the second (No idea how the first one got there) I was almost instantly banned. I have played on the station for a while and even set up my white list right before the round I was banned. I never had an issue with the admins and then the one thing I do, then I get banned. I really like the station and even made some friends on it. I would just like to get back to playing on it. Also, I would like more information on the events of my ban. 

Thank you for listening,
                      Monos
Last edited by Monos on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kfive

RE: Ban Appeal

Post by kfive »

The original singuloth was my doing. I was a traitor helping out with another traitor's objective and didn't realize the Bag of Holding Squared made a 3x3, so I spawned one thinking I could still escape safely.

If you weren't a traitor, then making a second singuloth wasn't wise. I wanted Evac destroyed (for the syndicate!), but you, likely as non-antag, were only putting the station as a disadvantage.

-k5

Still, the jump to permaban seems a bit harsh given the circumstances.

Poojawa

Post by Poojawa »

One, you were a drone.

Two, we told you don't do it

Three, you did it anyway.

If Theoun hadn't banned, I would be the name on your permaban

Monos

Post by Monos »

Poojawa wrote: One, you were a drone.

Two, we told you don't do it

Three, you did it anyway.

If Theoun hadn't banned, I would be the name on your permaban
I understand that what I did was out of order. But I would like some kind of warning or something where I could talk it out. I don't think it was right to just get up and Perma ban someone without asking for an explanation. Like I stated before I never had a problem with the admins, and the server is also one of my favorite. But I digress, statement two you have there never stated I could not. They just told me that it would not be nice to put a Bag of Holding in a Bag of holding. For statement three, I saw a Singularity already near us and didn't think that it would 1. Be delete by admins or 2. Vanish that fast. I'm not sure out of 1 or 2 what happened. I thought the Singularity would take out all of escape, so then I thought it would be funny to make another. But, people do get mad and I understand why. I would just like to get back on the station and it would be nice to go onto one of the more fun stations. I hope you reconsider my Perma ban.

ThingPony

Post by ThingPony »

We told you not to do it, as it would be a very bad idea. You went ahead and did it anyway. As a drone, your job is to not interact with the lifeforms aboard the station at all, and to help rebuild the station as needed. Not make a singlo for no reason.

Monos

Post by Monos »

ThingPony wrote: We told you not to do it, as it would be a very bad idea. You went ahead and did it anyway. As a drone, your job is to not interact with the lifeforms aboard the station at all, and to help rebuild the station as needed. Not make a singlo for no reason.
Like I said I understand the what I did was wrong. But I really don't think I deserve a Permanent ban for it. I'm no admin or anything but it should of been a month at the most. Also, I would like to know if anyone on the admin team deleted them both. I talked to my friend about the situation and he said that a singularity coming in contact with another would kill it. I'm just curious.

Poojawa

Post by Poojawa »

>But I would like some kind of warning or something where I could talk it out.

You mean like when you ahelped asking about it, was told by four different moderators and admins with 'Don't do it'

And then you do it anyway. To be 'funny'. And now you're actually surprised that we consider you a greifer?

Sorry bud, ain't happening.

Monos

Post by Monos »

Poojawa wrote: >But I would like some kind of warning or something where I could talk it out.

You mean like when you ahelped asking about it, was told by four different moderators and admins with 'Don't do it'

And then you do it anyway. To be 'funny'. And now you're actually surprised that we consider you a greifer?

Sorry bud, ain't happening.
First off, I was only talking to one admin. But if you really do not want a player on your server I can't stop it. I just liked playing on the server and attempt to cancel the ban. Overall it is your decision on what happens to me and my ban. To be truthful I wouldn't go through this much trouble to try to get back on any other station. But it seems all of the admins would like me to stop trying to get back on the station so, if you really think that a deserve a Permanent Ban for what I did, like I said, I can't stop you. You guys do what you must. I'd really like if you guys did give me a second chance. If I was some "greifer" I wouldn't be going through this process. So, please just think over your decision.

Krypton Osmium

Post by Krypton Osmium »

I think jumping to a perma-ban is kinda harsh, but I do agree that what he did was wrong. His RP is really good, and it'd be a shame to not have him here to RP with. That's just my two cents.

Monos

Post by Monos »

Krypton Osmium wrote: I think jumping to a perma-ban is kinda harsh, but I do agree that what he did was wrong. His RP is really good, and it'd be a shame to not have him here to RP with. That's just my two cents.
Yeah, I would have taken a week or even a month. It just sucks that I can never go back to one of my favorite servers. Thank you for understanding and "Putting in your two cents."