Admin Complaint: Unknown

j'Taji

Admin Complaint: Unknown

Post by j'Taji »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Unknown

Your BYOND name: BurgerBB

Date of issue and round ID: August 27th, 2017 | 9240, 9241

Reason for complaint:

I don't want to name names or specific people since I do not know the context of the situation but it was pretty damn unchill with how the admins dealt with help. I don't expect people to babysit through a game especially given the tone of the game the tone of how people talk to eachother during the server but it would've been nice if it was dealt differently. I was flashbanged by an antagonist, then put in crit by a Cyborg who was shooting everywhere during the flashbang. It looked like it was a case of a cyborg going full retard and shooting blindly so I voiced by amusement via OOC.

OOC: BurgerBB: i swear to fucking god that better have been antag

I justly got scolded for talking about a IC event in OOC. I then properly asked adminhelp about it and they said they couldn't tell me until TECHNICALLY the round has ended (The shuttle escaped but it was still in it's 2 minute flight so it wasn't over yet). Round finally ended and I asked about it in adminhelp, no response. I asked in OOC multiple times about it wondering if the cyborgs were in on it, chat was moving fast so best case scenario I thought they just didn't see it, worst and average case scenario they didn't care. I tried adminhelp but it didn't work, probably because of a new round), so I asked why I couldn't use adminhelp with the same worry in the back of my mind that they blocked me or something. The reality was slightly better.

OOC: BurgerBB: How come I can't use adminhelp?
OOC: Raeschen: you can, we're just ignoring you.

I called him out on his rudeness and then he explained that yes the killing was justified, and the reason why he didn't tell me was because I could've found out myself. I didn't know what he was talking but he did eventually show me how to find out that information. It was a Malf AI round with other traitors, but since I was only reading the "The Traitors Were:" part it didn't tell me anything about the cyborg and I was wondering whether or not a Malf AI round involved cyborgs also malfunctioning. I'm glad I know to get that information given how I picked up this game about two weeks ago but I was still pretty salty with how they responded. I was trying to make a point that it was kind of dickish without trying to tell him how to do his job but I think he misunderstood me because he kept telling me how to find the information for myself. A second attempt after that I was told to drop it and I did. I bitched about it to my fellow friends on Citadel Station and they told me to file a complaint so here I am.

Raeschen

RE: Admin Complaint: Unknown

Post by Raeschen »

I may of been a bit short tempered with you, yes, however;

I observed you ahelping multiple times before round end asking about weather or not a certain person was a traitor. Not only was this meta info, but we as staff are not required to give out specific details about situations we handled.

You asked about it before round end, which was IC issue'd by another member of staff.

You then asked about it on the shuttle before round end

The round ended, which displayed to you information about all antags. On the start of the next round, you asked a third time which I saw and opted to ignore.

Then you mentioned this in OOC, to which I responded in the way that you linked.

It in my opinion that you had the information you needed, and were clinging to the issues of a previous round when it would of been better to move on.

j'Taji

Post by j'Taji »

As I said before in our conversation I did not know how to read the information given at the end of the round. It said that there were only 3 traitors, one of them was ai, and others were humans. I assumed that it would also list cyborgs if they were traitors but it didn't so I followed the saying "when it doubt, use ahelp" to whether or not a malfunction ai would have malfunctioning cyborgs as well. At that time I did not understand the mechanics of a malfunctioning AI, and I thank you for giving me that information at the time. I had the information I needed, but I didn't know where to find it and thought it was a little rude to say "we're ignoring you".

The reason why I'm clinging to this issue is because I want to figure out if this is a server for new people to try out. Obviously I'm not going to use ahelp for every problem I have, but when there are things such as custom content such as how to make crocin, or situational content on whether or not it's okay to make a crocin smokebomb as a librarian as an in-character prank I might need to ask ooc or adminhelp.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

You are really supposed to use the mentorhelp channel in the discord for game mechanics questions even though I don't think this is immediately obvious to anyone just from connecting to the server.

Anyway I guess I agree with you that it was rude, it wouldn't have been very difficult to provide the information after the round had ended.
ex-headmin