Ban Appeal, My Defense, and Thoughts

FoodCat

Ban Appeal, My Defense, and Thoughts

Post by FoodCat »

BYOND Name: FoodCat
Character Name: This stretches across multiple characters, actually.
Time of ban: Multiple Bans, including Game bans, and Job Bans.
Reason for ban: Varied.
Admin who banned you: Theoun, TalkingCactus, Turgent, and Poojawa.

Appeal: I was willing to let other things go before, but recently it's become too much to brush under the rug. This is actually a lengthy one, as I'd like to mention a few rules.

UPDATE: Adding the most recent incidents, which are unfortunately not in the link below because I don't have that link. This post is slightly edited for format, organization, and additional information.

First, a link given to me of my Tickets and their reasons: https://gyazo.com/031922fc0512fce28607ca26f30f5a20

Ticket Item 1: I apologized to everyone I tried to force feed and did not interact with them in that manner again.

Ticket Item 2: I have seen and been told about the constant abuse of Clowns, who are typically assholes anyway, and that situation actually worked out massively for the clown, they got to be immortal and even more annoying as a parrot. I'll freely admit that was an overreaction to the Clown's constant StalkSlippings.

Ticket Item 3: End of the round, the clown was breaking into VERY illegal places, and even had weapons on them. I thought they were attempting to blow up the station, and no one was doing anything about it. I'll admit flat out killing them might have been a stretch, but they were revived from Crit the first time and then argued and called me out, the ensuing mess leading to me killing the Clown. I'll apologize for that.

Ticket Item 4: I had already been gurgled, because I was leaving for the night, and I wanted to stick around just to see the Gurgler of my body finish up the scene. I was cloned by the AutoProcess and immediately ghosted myself to get back to the scene, and afterwards I LOOC'ly asked a friend who had already gurgled me before to get rid of my corpse, since I thought it would be fun for them, and again, I was leaving. This information did not impact the game in ANY way, I feel, since I never wanted to come back after that, and it wasn't even applicable to any current station events. I admit I was rude when talking to the player trying to pull an admin and order me to stop "metagaming in LOOC", which I still do not believe I was doing.

"IC in OOC can be a no warning removal from the round, be it by global mute or admin-prison. To clarify, this is revealing anything about the current round that others can use in the OOC channel. If you are unsure do not say it."  

How on earth does that impact the game? I was cloned when I didn't want to be and was trying to rectify it in what I thought would be a fun way for both of us.

How was I rude in OOC before leaving? The closet thing I can think of would be when I was leaving and said something similar to "Night people I like." That's being unfriendly? I don't know half the people that come to the server, and I don't like more than a few. What I said was no different than saying "Good night, friends!" If that's worth a ticket, it's pretty weak. You know we've all seen worse.

Undocumented Item 1 - My Ban From All Head Positions: I was banned for "Frequent neglecting Command duties to ERP / VRP, as well as non-consensual vore." I assume that nonconsent is referring to my first tickets. Again, I apologized to those people and did not attempt anything similar again. As for the "Frequently neglecting Command duties to ERP / VRP".

According to the rules, "Heads are expected to lead their departments; extended away time, ignoring their duties, or ERP during secret rounds can result in a job ban." The round was extended and I only ever went to do a scene when I was unneeded for extended periods of time, or after I had already assigned the most capable person to a task and made sure they were handling it or had handled it. I've come a long dang way from then, and I can aptly perform just about all the station's duties, if not all of them. I try not to touch security jobs, because I don't feel I'd enjoy that very much.

"A player may be job banned for one of three things; incompetence, abuse, or feigning ignorance/purposefully making the lives of other players difficult." I was not incompetent, abusive of my position, or griefing. I may not have had the ability to perform SOME of the tasks around the station, but again, I did make sure they were properly taken care of by people who did possess that ability. How is that incompetent? That's what a Captain should do.

"Players should be warned about their behavior before being job banned." I was not. I was banned and warned after the fact.

Undocumented Item 2: My Ban From AI, and Subsequently Cyborg: I was banned for Incompetence regarding the First Law, that is the reason as I remember it to the best of my abilities, I don't have one written down. I don't feel that the situation, or my reasoning, was taken into account. I electrified the doors in a room to contain a dangerous criminal until security arrived, all I did was try to ensure they could not leave the area and escape. I thought that it would be ensuring the safety of the rest of the crew, and therefore, acceptable. I was again, not warned before being banned from the position, unless you count them being nearly at the same time a prior warning to the ban.

Undocumented Item 3: My 4 Day-->Perma Ban. This is really irritating to me, honestly. This one is Turgent's ban, applied on the 19th of December, for "Nuisance. Had many chances to fix their behavior." So let's break this whole mess down from what originally dropped me onto Turgent's shit list. Stay with me here, it gets wild pretty fast:

So here I am playing Medical Doctor, it's a nice role that usually lets me be helpful without any massive effort on my part because I've gotten good at it. S'all good until someone, Drydia or something like that, steals his own corpse from MedBay and beats it to uber-death, runs around with it, etc.. At least that's what I understood from Isis. So we go on a wild chase around the station to retrieve, myself and Isis, that is. I manage to wrangle the body from him and take it back to MedBay, but he slipped in through the open doors and chased after me. Now we're running around in a big circle in the hallway, and Isis gets in my way just long enough for Drydia to re-steal his corpse and disappear. Isis is now FURIOUS that he got away again, and has that cold angry air about her. She whips up a sizable stock of tranq syringes and grabs a syringe gun to go hunt him down. I politely inform her where he is with the Personnel Locator. She takes off and I follow to assist her, that's probably the right thing to do. The corpse thief is hiding in Engineering. Or at least I thought he was, turns out he was braindead. I did not know that prior. So, Isis is fed up and slithers off, and says that if I want to make it up to her, what it was that I did wrong I forget now, then I should go get that corpse or the thief back. So I use my handy hacking skills to slip into engineering, equipped with the Syringe Gun that Isis had herself and then gave to me. Non-Lethal Retrieval. I crack open his door and shoot him with a Tranq Syringe, but just in case, I load another and shoot it at him. Now it gets stupid and wild. BOOM! Somehow an oxygen tank explodes, setting Drydia on fire. POOF! I am in a tiny box in God knows where being interrogated by Turgent. I explained myself as best as I could. This was an accident, I was being non-lethal and trying to retrieve MedBay's corpse charge, and hey let's face it, this isn't the worst I've done and is a genuine, honest effort to improve my behavior and response to situations. Turgent begrudgingly decides to be nice and just give me one ticket and a serious warning that the next infraction is a ban. Okay, I can understand that. It's all cool, things proceed. Minutes later, I'm told that he doesn't feel like he can do that, and that I get the full ticketing and a 4 Day ban, and that if I should message him on Byond to further resolve this issue. Naturally you can imagine I'd be pissed that he's going back on what he just told me, but sure, I'll message you on Byond. After being told to shut up, I can't come back briefly to let my friends know I'll be gone for a few days, accept the punishment, and that I didn't read the rules, which I have, I angrily pointed out that was bullshit and that I clearly did as indicated my large post, the predecessor of this, which had/has gone unanswered for OVER TWO WEEKS now. After that, I am unable to contact Turgent. I ask Poojawa if she'd let everyone know what happened, reasonable, right? I think so. Lo and behold, I am informed that she's "pretty sure" I was upgraded to Perma Ban status for harassment on Byond. Well holy tinsel town Batman, it's true! I was Perma Banned. I was not harrassing, I was messaging Turgent, as advised, and  because I didn't agree with or accept the fact that my side was being ignored and I was being screwed again, I got Perma Banned. Real cool, very spot on moderating.

That was Sarcasm. Not cool. Again, no warning.

Complaint: It honestly feels like some of the staff are improperly moderating things. And "I trust the judgement of the other staff members though their descriptions are a bit weak"? Really? That's honestly sickening to hear. It's basically saying that no matter what, the players are always going to be in the wrong, no matter the circumstances or their reasons. Admins are just players with extra bells and whistles, they're still as fallible as anyone else, it's not fair to the rest of us that their side is taken as the absolute truth without question. It does not make the server fair.

And there you have it, that's the whole shebang of FoodCat's wild ride on the Citadel Server. I had good times, I had bad times. I did my best, and it came out the worst. Honestly, I tried to be better, I didn't see what I was doing in places as wrong, and I hope that I can come back to have more fun with friends.

Signed,
FoodCat

Turgent

RE: Ban Appeal, My Defense, and Thoughts

Post by Turgent »

You're incredibly toxic, and you did infact harrass me. I gave you a full punishment because you were given so, so many chances before. You just can't be helped, sorry.
If you could stop with your current behavior and improve, that'd be lovely.

The Dridya incident was you thinking someone was an admin, and following said person's advice. If you had ahelped, it could've been avoided.
This is really simple, FoodCat. It's you not being nice to people, you being unable to properly follow the rules and then you thinking we shouldn't punish you for doing the things you did. Sorry.

I'm pretty sure you have all those bans from not listening to admins or sassing them because you didn't like the fact that they messaged you. I really did want to give you another chance, but you just have such a history of not being worth it and being very, very hostile.

EDIT: 
Toxic in the sense that you speak to people in a condescending manner. And you kind of keep painting yourself as a victim of oppression or whatever, and you do keep saying that the consequences are unfair, even though everyone has told you that they are. And if not everyone, I have, at least.
I'd be glad to help you, really, but you're very unfriendly.
Last edited by Turgent on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoodCat

Post by FoodCat »

I am not incredibly toxic, I just don't feel like letting people walk all over me. Those bans aren't from me not listening, I was legitimately never warned before anything. Saying I have a history of not being worth is a really shitty thing to say, and you're supposed to be a Staff member? Really? I'm not hostile, I don't put up with ridiculousness and unfair things like this. I'm going to be ignored by the other staff because you posted about how awful I am, I know it. Unless they feel like posting just to prove me wrong, in which case they'll side with you automatically. That's just how it is.

Turgent

Post by Turgent »

I'm sorry for posting, I guess. Take care?

FoodCat

Post by FoodCat »

I'm not mad that you posted, I'm mad that you basically shit talked me through the whole thing. It's just with the way things usually go, that's going to make people ignore everything I've said in favor of you, purely because you're Staff. I'm not as bad as you're making me sound, a few isolated incidents that I honestly didn't think were bad at the time don't make me a raging griefing monster. I'm usually really nice and friendly to people on the Station. I explained everything that happened to the best of my ability, owned up to what I did wrong and understood was wrong, but I feel that's just being ignored. It's like trying to be hired after a conviction, you get no where with anyone because of what's written down on paper by the people in charge.

Turgent

Post by Turgent »

You're doing fine right now. What went wrong, then? Why do you have these little bursts of, I don't know, anger? I would unban you now, if I knew that you wouldn't be stressful to deal with. And I'm not sure, y'know.

I forgot to post this, oops.
Anyway, ban reduced to a month after discussion.
If you want to be unbanned from silicon roles, please study silicon laws and tell us why you're absolutely never allowed to harm humans, as per law 1.
For head roles, you must know that any and all ERP must be dropped the second you are needed. In secret and in extended. No excuses, no exceptions whatsoever.
Y'know, being RESPONSIBLE.
And, basically, you aren't allowed to say "mm, taking a nap~" and then ignore your duties either.
Okay? Thanks.

FoodCat

Post by FoodCat »

Well, like I said, I always did drop ERPs and the like whenever I was needed when I was playing Captain. I was promoted to CMO once, and that went fine, I actually learned how to do surgeries in under 10-15 seconds, which was fun. That ban was honestly unfair, I think even you can agree. I wasn't warned, I was being competent and available, I don't understand why I got banned from Heads.

As per Law 1, as a Silicon, I am never to allow a human to come to harm through my own action or inaction, even if a minor amount of harm would prevent a major amount of harm. This can include, but is not limited to, allowing humans into dangerous areas, electrifying doors to contains humans that are criminals, and even ignoring the order of a human over another. Exceptions are cases in which probable, not potential, harm is likely or when ignoring or following a particular order would logically result in an injury or worse to a human, or in the case of self-harm. The definition of human is actually kind of funny, because Lizards are listed as not human, but it makes no mention of furred or fishy crew members. I believe it safe to assume they... are human? And that Lizards are supposed to be as well? It really makes no sense to me if I'm supposed to snub Lizard Crew Members. Well, you know what I mean. Lings are also human until I personally see them do something a human can't feasibly do, like shape-shift and whatnot. Well, the Silicon Policy has it listed that way, which should be fixed because the Server Rules state that all Crew Members are considered Human, which is awfully nice.

The anger thing is a lot of unresolved issues from elementary school years, and trouble at home. It's been clearing up though, so hopefully episodes will be far fewer and further between.

Thank you for talking with me at length about this Turgent, I appreciate the effort and apologize for being a goat about all of this.

EDIT: I do feel like I should ask, will my tickets be reset after 3 months? Or am I stuck with them?
Last edited by FoodCat on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turgent

Post by Turgent »

Stuck with 'em.

FoodCat

Post by FoodCat »

Never see anyone else use " 'em " in conversation. I like it.

And eh, suppose that makes sense. Don't agree with it, but eh.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Appealed. Ban reduced to ONE month. Closed.