[HeroWithYay] Royalderg - Discord Ban Appeal

royalderg

Re: [HeroWithYay] Royalderg - Discord Ban Appeal

Post by royalderg »

Plain and simple this will more than likely be denied not for the actual ban reason but because someone pulled the trigger justifiable or not and every person that dislikes me in a position of power wants to flex that as hard as possible to keep me out of their circle
I personally have chosen to back your Discord ban not because of any explicit violation, but because of an established pattern of behavior.
Case. And. Point.
This is not a valid reason to perma ban someone, this isn't even a valid reason to ban someone. I'm glad many people agree with me on this point.

You're using this perma as a cover up for the behavior I've outlined again and again before and frankly its disgusting. I have absolutely no faith that the core of what makes this server a server has any integrity what so ever due to the unprofessionalism (obviously you're volunteers) and general blood grudging going on. I know there's good administrators I've talked with them before and am friends with a lot of them, like I said before this is all about a perceived character and 100% opinion.

No facts have been given here and anything that has, has been funnily enough vagueified enough to where the truth is undescernable

I just simply hope that again like I said other people that look at this in the future will realize what it truly is about, and that change will happen.

If not then the continuous cycle that has happened for a while, with people being frustrated by something the staff can't see for some reason will happen again, and again, and again.

The only people that should be talking are the people that were impacted not the people who clearly have an issue from a blood grudge they intend to carry till they die

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

For transparency's sake: Raiq made an alt (we have several forms of hard evidence on that) to post here accusing OP of being underage (age verification on record says otherwise), and accuse Captain of hypocrisy. Their post was deleted as part of basic ban evasion cleanup.

That aside, the Discord ban here is one that falls under quality control. You have a fairly lengthy history of toxic behavior that staff of both servers can attest to. Managing to have a negative reputation amongst staff of both servers is very much outside of the norm for users within this community. However though, this ban in itself is outside of the norm, as quality control bans are usually much harsher than this; they're usually a full community ban rather than just a Discord ban. Personally I'd strongly recommend seeking a vouch from another community if you'd like to return in the future, but do know that your ban is far more lenient than the established precedent for quality control bans.

royalderg wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:46 am
This is not a valid reason to perma ban someone, this isn't even a valid reason to ban someone.
Again, this ban was placed due to quality control. When it comes to quality control bans, what's taken into account is the person's entire history, rather than a singular incident. Given the sheer rarity of quality control bans, it's understandable to be a little miffed or confused about it, but going out of your way to argue that the very concept of quality control bans is invalid is an indicator that you don't seem to understand why your ban was even considered to begin with. Admittedly the global rules could probably elaborate a little more on the qualities in place regarding quality control (currently the only thing written on it is rule 0), but since the vast majority of internet communities have some form of quality control policy in place (usually in the form of "we reserve the right to ban anyone for any reason at any time"), it's fairly unreasonable to believe that Cit lacks it entirely.

royalderg wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:46 am
The only people that should be talking are the people that were impacted not the people who clearly have an issue from a blood grudge they intend to carry till they die
This isn't a court of law; this is a ban appeal thread for a community largely consisting of horny furries, moderated by a team of jaded volunteers also consisting largely of horny furries. Ban appeals don't exist to allow banned users to attempt to lawyer their way out of punishments; they exist for cases where a staff member has genuinely made a mistake, or a user feels that their ban is no longer applicable (in the case of quality control bans, "no longer applicable" usually means that the user has someone trustworthy to vouch for them and say with certainty that their behavior has changed). This is the case for the vast majority of internet communities. If there were a policy preventing involved/affected admins from commenting on appeals, then ban appeals like this simply wouldn't receive a response at all, due to the tendency of individuals banned for quality control to have affected the vast majority of the staff team in some form.

All that being said, I'll leave the decision of whether to approve/deny this ban appeal to any headmin who has not yet commented on this appeal (that'd be silicons and r0adic)

DJKouta

Post by DJKouta »

Putnam wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:06 am
I don't know what comment you're talking about but I am unironically blameless here.
I wasn't blaming you for anything though..? The comment I was talking about was the one R0 made.
Putnam wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:06 am
If you think that's a proportionate response-
Let's not make assumptions about what you think that I think, it just leads to more headache.
I honestly think them snapping at you wasn't at all called for, I just think the one offhand comment by R0 wasn't professional, not that I expect it to be.
Citadel Station Main - Event Manager
I run events, sometimes they are fun.

Mr. Honkers - GLACIER
Most Clown Hours on Main - Yes I'm proud of that.
Have a chicken pie recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD9dKbTpanQ

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

I'm just gonna. Slip a couple words in here, piggyback off of a couple of things people have already said, I guess.

Look, in the end, like Bhijn said, Quality Control bans are "x incident happens, hey this has happened quite a bit from this person/we get problems in general from this person a lot." Quality Control is pretty rare for the reasons of: 1. It takes quite a history and a pretty good amount of infractions to get to the level of us booting a constant reoffender in this manner, and 2. It's not a one person decision. It gets brought up to the admin team and headmins at large and it's a 'hey, this person is constantly doing stuff like x, does anyone have a reason we shouldn't QC ban them?' In nearly every case of a QC ban being brought up, it is a nearly unanimous 'yes' because we don't just do it at the drop of a hat. So saying "The only people that should be talking are the people that were impacted" is not a thing here, most of the admin team (tm) had a chance to say yea or nay on your ban. [We've also never really stopped people from commenting on appeals unless actively peanut posting because we promote other view points that we may not have considered.]

I'm sure if you want us to literally air out all of your previous infractions that we've constructed an opinion of 'they're not going to get better' we can easily do that, but we try to generally let people save a little bit of face in these scenarios, or at least not obstruct them from making assholes of themselves when we explain our behavior, kind of like you're doing now. I fail to see how 'the truth is undescernable'.

'everyone that dislikes me in a position of power wants to flex that' you understand that most of us don't have an opinion on you besides 'oh royal is at the center of yet another shitstorm huh? must be the second friday of the month'. Like, I see your name come up in admin chat and I almost invariably recognize that you're probably the aggressor in the situation. I should not be able to off the rip when I see your username, extrapolate a solid opinion of where you stand in an altercation. You should not make something so common that I can have 85% certainty of something like that. And yet you do, and have, nearly the whole time you've been here. You keep saying the problem is us, when the history you've shown across your stay at citadel has invariably proven that the problem is in fact, you.

Stop spouting 'this is unfair' and 'i'm being metagrudged by admins' and raise actual points with hard proof to back it up if you want to be taken seriously. Screaming the same thing over and over like a child who isn't getting their way is not the answer to getting unbanned.

HeroWithYay

Post by HeroWithYay »

Case. And. Point.
This is not a valid reason to perma ban someone, this isn't even a valid reason to ban someone. I'm glad many people agree with me on this point.
There are probably places online where this isn't a valid reason to ban someone, there are probably also places where you can repeatedly be a source of altercations and toe the line forever with no consequences.

But this isn't one of them, and if you can't accept the reasoning for the ban as valid and/or aren't willing to make any effort to not be a huge source of confrontation on the server then I can't accept your appeal.

In order for the ban to be lifted we need to see some evidence of better behavior, preferably with a vouch from someone who shares another server with you and at least an understanding of why the ban was applied in the first place. We are not looking for a rebuttal or wanting to get into a long argument as to why you think the ban reason was faulty.

I'll be moving this to denied.

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

For transparency's sake, the above was pre-approved by a headmin.