A few ban appeals imported from the old forums.

Zeldazackman

A few ban appeals imported from the old forums.

Post by Zeldazackman »

Decided that I'd import a few bans from the old forums that still haven't gotten a reply, don't know if the people realize that the old forum is in disuse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BYOND Name: Necrolight
Character Name: Laurencia (Random character setting, last name is lost on me now)
Time of ban: Roughly midnight EST, 6/4/2016
Reason for ban: Griefing 
Admin who banned you:Theoun

I was banned for detonating a gas canister in an attempt to get revenge on the people who held me captive in a straight jacket, I called the admins and they did nothing so when i finally got away i attempted to do the same unto my captors them, gas them with n20 and drag them to a locked room. Admins told me to clean it up and by the time i was able to it had already been done, then i was perma banned. 
These were not antagonists, they were random players who did not like me so they handcuffed me, put me in a straight jacket and hid me from security who had already said i was free to go. 
The ban was also for griefing i was not griefing, i was avenging my maltreatment upon people the admins were letting randomly imprison players.

http://citadelstation13.4umotion.com/t222-necrolight132

BYOND Name:CrystalJake
Character Name:I forgot
Time of ban:About 6 months ago
Reason for ban:Also forgot
Admin who banned you:leon? i think?

Appeal:I would just appreciate an appeal

http://citadelstation13.4umotion.com/t220-ban-appeal

Reason for ban: Showed up as a newjoin, and then went on a RDM rampage with two other dudes. logged out before I could ask him what he was doing. Ban applied by silencedmp5a5 on 2015-04029- 20:05:10 Perma-ban.

I was not in any way affiliated with the hooligans that started thrashing the bar in that session.

One of them began their griefing by injecting the guy sitting next to me with a syringe, so I started to disarm the guy. This gave them enough reason to start hacking into me with kitchen knives. Several people and me gave a heads-up to sec to interfere. 

Afterwards I started to chase the griefers to give them a taste of their own medicine. The griefers stopped hacking into people for a second and were sitting around in the lounge with someone else. This someone else beat me to death after I initiated combat with griefers.

Upset by irony, I quit the session. Next thing I know I'm perma-banned and accused of griefing. I'm a decent player and I understand the importance of good roleplaying, I've been playing on this server for a long time now and I'd like to keep playing.

Account name is Gratios.
Please consider.

http://citadelstation13.4umotion.com/t2 ... fter-dying

BYOND Name: CaliDaze
Character Name: Craig Nelson
Time of ban: 2/28/2016, 22:50:27
Reason for ban: Griefing, spread dangerous virus...
Admin who banned you: thingpony

Appeal:

Hello,

I was in a round as a virologist, and yes I admit that I did spread an unauthorized virus to three other members aboard. That being said, nobody was killed as a result of my actions, and eventually I succumbed to my own created illness.

Anyway, I understand that certain actions can really hurt the playing experience for others, and I am sorry if that's what I did. But at the time there weren't many people on board, nobody wanted to RP or otherwise have any interaction with me, so I guess I thought that a mysterious virus might "spice things up" a little. Compared to what some people do on some servers, it really didn't seem like a big deal.

What I don't understand was why that would get me a permanent ban. The situation was dealt with, my character died as a result, and my body was launched into space. I stayed connected to the server for a while, and was not contacted by admin. I figured I would at least get a warning before getting permanently banned. But it didn't seem like anything was to come from it. I didn't know I was banned until I tried to log back in a couple days later.

I'm really hoping that the perma-ban can be lifted, or at least reduced. As I said before, I'm sorry if I ruined the experience for anyone else that round, but that wasn't my intention. Now that I know you guys take this seriously and consider it "griefing" I will definitely be more mindful in the future.

http://citadelstation13.4umotion.com/t2 ... ttle-harsh

BYOND Name: jordan54707
Character Name: Shane (No second name)

Time of ban: Permanent (I assume)

Reason for ban: Ban evasion

Admin who banned you: The host.

Appeal: I believe I have been banned by mistake. If you have a ban evasion auto-ban system then I believe it may have made an error. I have not been banned from the server and have not gone on your server with an alt account before either. 

If you could maybe check to see if you made a mistake and unban me when you realise I haven't done anything wrong. That would be great. Thank you.

http://citadelstation13.4umotion.com/t2 ... did-not-do