Perma-ban Appeal

pireamáineach

Perma-ban Appeal

Post by pireamáineach »

BYOND Name: Pireamaineach

Reason Banned: After being told not to take captain gear earlier in the round, took warden gear instead, proceeding to argue the rules after being bwoinked about it, then cryo'd/DC'd before the ticket was closed and without alerting the admins first.

Admin who banned: Crashinator08

Length Banned: Permanently.

Appeal Reason: When I took the captain's gear I was just unaware that acting captains weren't suppose to change into the captain's gear if they wanted. I figure I skipped over that section as at the time I read the rules I wasn't planning on taking on any command roles. Not an excuse, but I digress. I switched out of the gear when prompted, back into my H.O.P. clothes, as it's quite clearly in the rules. Later I was heading up to security because of a virus that had bolted all the doors open, fecking the warden's door remote to unbolt them, as well as their krav maga gloves. (Not a particular reason for fecking the gloves, and by most measures it's against the rules, but I'll get to that garbage later.) Later, Warden comes in, wants their gloves and door remote. I hand them the door remote and argue a bit about the gloves, as I was dicking around with them. Crash bwoinks me about it, I ask for a citation and they get back to me a bit later citing 6.2. I make a half-baked language-manipulating arguement that didn't really amount to me saying that what I did was valid, but moreso just me rambling. It went along the lines of, "I didn't take the gloves for my own convienence but rather just for the craic." Returning them would be a rule 2 issue anyway, but rule 6.2 seemed valid enough in a situation like this. Returned them after saying this and went back to my post. After a few minutes had past, specifics aren't true but it felt about 10 odd without a reply, I had to go, and thus handed over the spare, authorization disk, and A.A. to the quartermaster. I figured the bwoink was all but resolved with the lengthy silence, and left the round. I should note I have a rather long note history, some of them more valid than others, but long nonetheless. Don't feel a perma-ban is very valid for what amounted to leaving the round after the conflict had been resolved, but the ticket hadn't been closed.

kevinz000

Re: Perma-ban Appeal

Post by kevinz000 »

Would be personally alright with a reduction...
To around 1-2 weeks.
You've caused your share of shit and honestly I'd thought you'd have gotten the point after I basically told you "shape up or ship out" the last time.

pireamáineach

Post by pireamáineach »

kevinz000 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:51 am
Would be personally alright with a reduction...
To around 1-2 weeks.
You've caused your share of shit and honestly I'd thought you'd have gotten the point after I basically told you "shape up or ship out" the last time.
I've been doing better. This isn't quite the same as anything I've been talked to for in the past. Actually, I'd say this is far more acceptable than most of that schlock. Just weird that this is what landed me with a perma. I thought this was handled fairly well. I did what the admin told me to and only asked for a citation of the rule. I'm not sure what else they could've added to the ticket at that point, and I actually could not have stayed any longer. If you want to say I should've alerted them, that's valid enough, but a perma-ban seems like an extreme measure for something so benign.

Anyway, a week-or-two's still quite unreasonable in my eyes, but it's not a perma, so I'll take what I can get.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

after seeing ahelp logs i take my previous message back
you should probably get a reference from another server.

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

Sometimes its not just the last act that makes it a perma , but a history. Get a vouch on another server .

pireamáineach

Post by pireamáineach »

Does it have to be another server? I've only been playing Cit as of recent.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Yes, it does.

pireamáineach

Post by pireamáineach »

kevinz000 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:09 am
after seeing ahelp logs i take my previous message back
you should probably get a reference from another server.
Can I ask what specifically about the logs motivated this?

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

your repeated arrogance and unwillingness to accept administrative rulings after screwing up shows that you aren't someone we should be keeping around at this time.
from back in the rp server to now time after time again you showed that you don't seem to be caring about administrative action regarding your behavior. hell I've even basically told you "final straw stop fucking up or ship out" but you still didn't seem to take a hint.

pireamáineach

Post by pireamáineach »

It's not a matter of not accepting it, it's a matter of disagreement. I don't see why I'm not allowed to both accept the ruling and disagree. I disagreed with wearing the Captain's clothing being against the rules, I still put them back. Can't really say more without a citation. Also, spare one incident I'm fairly sure I have a spotless record on R.P. I wasn't exactly liked by the R.P. playerbase, but as far as administration is concerned there's not much there.

Anyway, a vouch from another server would be exceedingly hard at this point considering I've only played Cit for ages now. Going on a year in a few months. I'd like if I could get another option.