[PERMA] [RP] [MAIN] [Discord] Appeal for sending leak info from the admin chat to people. Kate walker

Nik707

Re: [PERMA] [RP] [MAIN] [Discord] Appeal for sending leak info from the admin chat to people. Kate walker

Post by Nik707 »

I dunno. I'm usually against this but I'm feeling rather lenient I guess. Why not.
+1

Kered

Re: [PERMA] [RP] [MAIN] [Discord] Appeal for sending leak info from the admin chat to people. Kate walker

Post by Kered »

Agreeing with Hazel and Trojan on this one, it's a no from me.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Admin leaking usually results is ban from staff

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

See that's the funny thing. They got their leak from elsewhere and used it to harass an actual member of staff. They were never staff, which is why I'm firmly set on no

DonaldTrumpTheCommunist

Post by DonaldTrumpTheCommunist »

I mean, its been so long now since I did it and I really did change,my voucher has told you guys I changed. I think I should be given at least a second chance so I can come back and bring a fun time to players on citadel. I'm aware that what I did was pretty shitty but I promise I changed and I'm sorry.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I know you and I haven't ever really spoke, but blackmail is one of those thing that once done is incredibly hard to come back from. After all, it's really easy to pretend to have changed when you've gone a while without anyone to target, and no information to use to twist arms. Maybe you have changed for the better, and you've learned the weight of your actions (blackmail and extortion fines don't come cheap, and the prison sentence isn't light either), but the blatant disregard for Jade's public standing alongside his outward character (which, mind you, he didn't do much to help - this doesn't excuse your actions, however) gives me great pause. In short, I feel I'd be remiss in my duties to this community if I were to allow anyone such as yourself to be allowed back inside of it. You are, simply put, a risk - a risk I'm not willing to take.

https://gyazo.com/d8c7f23547c371ea0e7d605944d5d28b

https://gyazo.com/abcea2743a619abd029bc335ef71bfd7

And yes, I do believe what you did to be blackmail through exaction and use of private chatter you were not meant to be privy to.

DonaldTrumpTheCommunist

I didn't demand anything from jane, I didn't demand them to retire, give me something, or anything. I sent what I sent as means to mock them, which was quite dumb and questionable of me. I have changed from that behavior and I think I need a second chance to prove it, I had a voucher prove I changed and I'm willing to go the extra mile to prove I change another way.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

You... Actually did demand they retire. Not your exact words, but...
I still stand firmly against an unban, but I'll start poking headmins to resolve this one way or another.

DonaldTrumpTheCommunist

Not a demand, suggestion sure but it was'nt "RETIRE OR I WILL POST THE PHOTO!" still not right to use info and say hey "go fuck yourself leave" but I did not tell him that I was gonna post anything if they did'nt leave. Not only that its pretty inconstient on what I need to do to get unbanned because original thread they wanted me to tell me who sent it when I did send it it go to get a good voucher but now I do got a good voucher its now its just I can't be unbanned. I'm trying my best to prove that I changed and I went to get the vouchs, I told who did it, I done everything you guys wanted and I'm willingy to do more but you gotta give me the chance.

SectoidDan

Post by SectoidDan »

There's a misconception here that I've asked others who know the story better to clear up, but nobody has so I'm going to have a go.

In short, you don't have as good a vouch as you think you do.

Yes, a headmin from /tg/ would be a very good person to vouch on your behalf. However, when we're looking for a vouch for someone with as storied as past as you, we're definitely looking for a positive vouch - that is, the vouching admin telling us that you're a good player who has a positive contribution to the server/community that admin is from. When we contacted Nervere, however, the best they could say for you was along the lines of "oh, they've played on /tg/ for a while". Not exactly a shining endorsement.

Further, my understanding is Nervere was on their way out at the time of all this, and was largely checked out already from the whole thing. A "yeah sure whatever" from someone finishing their term and moving on is just not going to be good enough for us in your case.

I understand how this is going to look, and I sincerely apologize that this wasn't communicated to you sooner. I tried to push other staff who know the situation better into making a post like this several times but obviously that didn't happen.

Please understand that with all this in mind, this appeal is very unlikely to succeed.