"[IzzyInBox] ServalKitty - Main/Discord: "Many Small Things"

ServalKitty

"[IzzyInBox] ServalKitty - Main/Discord: "Many Small Things"

Post by ServalKitty »

BYOND account and character name: ServalKittty usually known in game as Serval Deerhunter

Banning admin: IzzyInBox

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Main+Discord, Permanent (Ban ID #10650)

Ban reason: Enough small things to show complete disregard for the server, community and staff. Following a head-ban with with an extremely detailed ban reason, proceeded to what only I can describe as a display of complete social incompetence in the server's discord. Continuing to this round named their character "Serval the Chained" "Because I'm being chained by the Citadel admins".

Your side of the story: Admins have been harping me on every small detail ever since I managed not to be able to notice someone being harmed in the middle of the disco shuttle, expecting me to be able to see the entire screen at the same time or something. Following that incident I interacted with mice as a drone, NOTE! Yea, I mixed up the interpretation of the drone laws mixing up sentient and living. I'm unsure what I was head-banned over but I'm pretty sure it was too much punishment related to the incident.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I dunno, I would just like to come back and play on thin-ice. I guess spazzing on Discord wasn't the best of me, perhaps it was because of alcohol. I haven't drank since December 1st and don't plan on drinking again. I can live with a head-ban until I can demonstrate my server-wide, and departmental ability to play as a "Professionally trained employee of NanoTrasen who does not have mental problems"

Dapnee

Re: "[IzzyInBox] ServalKitty - Main/Discord: "Many Small Things"

Post by Dapnee »

Serval wrote:Admins have been harping me on every small detail ever since I managed not to be able to notice someone being harmed in the middle of the disco shuttle, expecting me to be able to see the entire screen at the same time or something.
They were basically right beside you and tracked a bit of blood around, how you can ignore crew harm merely over dancing is beyond me. I would of noted any silicon avoiding to notice this sort of thing on crewsimov, do not act like I’ve singled you out.

But yes, let’s talk about this appeal. Your head of staff behavior is atrocious and when you were banned from the roles after showing no attempts at acting professionally, you moved onto acting like I and the other main server admins had “chained” you up. You had been given several warnings, but the one to land you that was running away into space because Kevin decided to play music from the anime Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure. You did this with no warning, without telling other heads of staff, not asking centcom/admins, and you did this very early in the round, moving between the z-levels leaving the NAD to appear inside the air mix tank in atmos. We have a rule specifically about heads of staff leaving the z-level with no reason. I will get the note for the headrole ban and edit it here when I get home.

We have rules and all we ask of our players is to follow them, no excuses. Other players have been banned for less, but you stayed as long as you did because we gave you chances to improve after we explained ourselves with every note applied. Instead of improving, or admitting you did something against the rules, you would go to the discord and complain.

Seeing as this was ultimately Izzy banning you, most I can say is I don’t want this to be lifted until you can prove you’re willing to follow the rules and listen.

ServalKitty

Post by ServalKitty »

I upped the alert to Red because scary music was playing, and apparently that was enough for people to call for my mutiny/murder, so of course I left the station because I feared for my life after performing a completely reasonable action which resulted in unreasonable demands from the crew.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Not saying the crew was right or wrong, but music is supposed to be OOC and shouldn't affect how you behave in a round

ServalKitty

Post by ServalKitty »

I wasn't aware music was OOC. My logic was that music was playing over the PA system.

Anyways I want back in, I've been a pretty good boy playing Paradise Station for about 500 hours. Got antag banned because apparently syndicate bombs are "hijack only" on that station.

I was a whiny bitch around the time just before the permanent ban and I am sorry for that, I just want to make friends with all the furries (and others) again.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

I'm denying this for many, many reasons.

You intentionally left off the full ban reason.
"Enough small things to show a complete disregard for the server, community, and staff. Following a head-ban with an extremely detailed and relevant ban reason, proceded to what I can only describe as a display of complete social incompetence in the server's discord. Continuing to this round, named their character "Serval The Chained" "Because I'm being chained by the citadel station admins". Take a serious break from our servers. If this is to be appealed in the future, I expect a highly positive word from another server's community to show that we're not to get more of the same."
Noting Kevin's head ban on you the round before
"raised alert level to red when i played jojo music. okay, that's my fault. then when i said "can someone explain why the station is on red alert over music before we replace the captain" they went SPACE EXPLORING because they were afraid CC was going to "yeet" them. you have 4 pages of notes, multiple headbans from the past. you've been put on notice countless times, given multiple "last warnings" the most recent of which from me. Even before said note, you have gotten about 2-3 notes a month for incompetence in security/head of staff positions or other positions of power. me and others have had to talk to you multiple times for common sense things. This would mean not going into space to space explore when you get in trouble with CC. That is EXPLICITLY against the rules. You do not abandon the station as a head of staff. If you really want to argue IC excuses, what do you think will happen to your character if they just ditch the station after Central Command threatens to remove them instead of amending their ways? You have a worse note history than many people I've seened who were permabanned for far less. After multiple job permabans after your "last last warning" you should have had the common sense to not pull ANY of this, including pinging head admins multiple times because you can't wait 2 hours for a response because I said it's a valid way to appeal the ban due to the slightly weird circumstances of it. If you want things to quote from the rules: 3.4 "Maintain professionalism as a member of the crew" Rule 3 "Nanotrasen would only hire capable and mentally sound crew members" Rule 4 Fulfill your role - Ditching the station as captain I'm tempted to argue Server Caveats toeing the line but at this point as rude as it may be this might as well be a "lack of common sense" ban. You should have had more, far more warnings than ANYONE here is entitled to. I know you do not understand certain things the same ways but we can not have this go on. You've had months and months to change, and you did not."
You have countless other bans on other jobs, there's almost nothing you can even play at this point if you even did come back.

Admins aren't "harping you on every small detail", we're simply enforcing the same minimum level expectations we hold on everybody. You don't come close to meeting those expectations.