{Aimbot} Hematic - Note appeal

Hematic

{Aimbot} Hematic - Note appeal

Post by Hematic »

Byond account: HematicFawx
Noting admin(?): Aimbot
Note time/severity: Minor

"Is using the middle click aimbot exploit"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This note was given when my service started to act up, and made me perform several actions more than once in attempts to compensate for the lag I was having. I don't use any form of aimbot nor use any form of exploit since I don't have any knowledge of any, or how to perform them. I would like to state that there really isn't much for me to inform anyone who reads this, this was a note that was applied out of the blue due to the system assuming I was using an exploit while I was enduring lag on my end.

MrJWhit

Re: {Aimbot} Hematic - Note appeal

Post by MrJWhit »

So, this is a bit of a questionable thing on my end, because I don't have any hard evidence of what causes these notes. There are several admins who actually have these notes as well.

What I believe is the triggering of the note is when there's a lagspike, and you're clicking on something. Then you say "oh no, it didn't work, let me click on it a few more times". Then the lagspike is over, so the system notices that you clicked 5+ times in the direct center of a sprite in the same decisecond. Then it drops the note on you.

Now, to explain a bit about the admin processes, an admin isn't supposed to step on the toes of another admin in terms of bans/notes. So I'm not allowed to remove the ban of another admin without explicit permission, only a headmin can do that. So the fact that a bot is making these notes is sort of... weird to be honest. Is it an admin? Is it below the chain of an admin? Above? I have no idea, and I don't think other admins know either.

Back to this appeal, admins will absolutely ignore this note unless you have a whole bunch of those notes in a row in one specific row in one round, while you're dunking on everyone else in combat. A lot of people have this, and I, personally, have no idea what causes this.

deathride58

Re: {Aimbot} Hematic - Note appeal

Post by deathride58 »

Hey, dev responsible for stress testing the relevant code here. This note is automatically generated when your client is sending very specific packets to the server over a prolonged number of game ticks. Under legitimate circumstances, the worst that happens during lagspikes (both performance-related and network-related) is that you just trigger a single admin message saying that you're clicking too fast. I'm unable to go into detail about exactly what trips the aimbot autonote since it's an active exploit that's still present on numerous different servers, but the conditions that trigger the note cannot physically be met by spamming LMB alone, even during lagspikes, as it requires a very specific key thing (not mouse position) to stay consistent between clicks for a prolonged duration measured in server ticks (which do not pass at all during performance-related lagspikes, and you immediately stop tripping the base clickspam detection during network-related lagspikes).

To any devs reading this: If you are able to come up with steps to consistently reproduce a false positive flag with the detection code, please inform me via Discord DMs. But until then, my trust in it is firm enough to say with confidence that the note was not a false positive. Maybe you heard about the exploit, thought it was too dumb to actually exist, then went ingame to see for yourself. Maybe someone tricked you into intentionally tripping the autonote. Either way, you probably know what the exploit is, even if you don't want to admit it out of fear of getting banned. Now don't trip the detection again.

All that being said though, due to a combination of aimbots having questionable utility with our mechanics, along with a somewhat obscure prank against new players being to give them instructions that intentionally trip the aimbot detection, the aimbot autonote is not something that you'll be persecuted for on it's own. The note is only really relevant under very specific circumstances where an admin already suspects that something's up.