[R3dtaile] Kathrin Bailey - Note Appeal

Kat

[R3dtaile] Kathrin Bailey - Note Appeal

Post by Kat »

BYOND account and character name: Kathrin Bailey

Banning admin: R3dtaile

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Note Round ID: 21312

Ban reason:
"After being frustrated with the clown, and security's apparent inability to handle the clown, took it upon themselves to go after the clown with a baseball bat for building walls, and signallers on the door to bolt it open. There wasn't any escalation from shoving, to fisticuffs, to then weaponry, it immediately went to the baseball bat, where she proceeded to beat the clown within inches of being into crit. Warned for poor escalation."

Your side of the story:
I'd like the missing context to be added to the note so it doesn't read like I did something far far worse.
I attempted to non-lethally detain the clown with the only means I had available which allowed me to do so without being murdered by a toolbox. I had no access to stamina weapons, I specifically chose a bat because of the knockback, which would assist in aggro grabbing to restrain and cuff. I did not intend to crit the clown and leave them, my intent was solely to apply speed debuffs through moodlet and brute damage, and then cuff, drag to chemistry to apply healing chems, to take back the stolen items then deliver to sec. This was after contacting security twice, and watching a secoff stand there whilst the clown broke through two cargo doors.
I printed handcuffs, with the express purpose of detaining the clown and not killing them. After hopcurity whipped out the batons, and the clown wasn't being cuffed, I attempted to apply cuffs, but because BYOND is BYOND, it didn't register my X to change active hands to my handcuffs so I could apply them. I clicked twice through the lag and ended up accidentally batting the clown two more times (I clicked 3/4 times to try and get BYOND to register the handcuffs as lag was freezing everything up), which is what brought them "inches of being into crit", that was purely unintentional and down to BYOND being shit. I doubt I'm getting the charity of the near-crit being labelled as accidental due to BYOND fuckery in the note, but I'd like the intent of cuffing, stripping the stolen gear, and delivering the clown to sec to be added to the note, so the note doesn't read like I tried to outright murder the clown. After the game finally caught up with real-time and I saw the bat and heard the bat sound, I quickly changed to handcuffs, but I was stamcrit by the hopcurity, so I couldn't cuff. I attempted to cuff but the clown was dragged onto the brig. I could not ensure the clown stays healthy and not dying if they are dragged away from me.

I'd also like "After being frustrated with the clown" to be changed to something that isn't a wildly inaccurate understatement. The clown was denied gloves shift-start, for the reason I explained, which was so cargo could spend the money on paperwork crates to order paperwork crates to make money, instead of spending over three paperwork crates of money just so the clown can have insuls to go around being a NRP shitter. The clown tried to get other assistants to gang up on cargo, and after helping me with paperwork, the other cargo tech gave the clown insuls. The clown then spent the next thirty or so minutes constantly harassing cargo. Here is what they did:
1. Harassment and threats over comms.
2. Breaking and entering multiple times into the cargo bay.
3. Electrifying cargo doors.
4. Walling in all entrances to cargo, including maint.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I'm not appealing the note, I'll eat the note for poor escalation, I should've ahelped the clown's harassment (according to headmin).
I just want these changes:
"After being frusted with the clown"
to be:
"After being continually harassed by the clown"
Something added stating that there was no intent to kill the clown and that the intention was to cuff them and take back the stolen goods, the current note reads like I attempted to outright murder the clown.
3. (optional I guess)
I'd like it added that beating the clown to near crit was unintentional and due to BYOND not registering the hotkey to switch active hands from bat to cuffs. Since I this cannot be proven I'm okay with this being excluded, but it would be nice. (I did also shout multiple times to cuff the clown).

I think it's clear that my intent was to cuff given that after making the bat, I went straight to the autolathe to make cuffs, shouted multiple times to cuff the clown during the ordeal, and I probably said at some point to the other cargo tech stuff about cuffing the clown.

Redtail

Re: [R3dtaile] Kathrin Bailey - Note Appeal

Post by Redtail »

The only entrances they walled off were the two maint doors. They didn't shock the doors. The typo in your first point doesnt' exist. So, the note can stay in its present form.