[MrJWhit;CygnusB;R3dtaile] Gontran - Note Appeal

Gontran

[MrJWhit;CygnusB;R3dtaile] Gontran - Note Appeal

Post by Gontran »

Bear with me here, I just found out how to check my notes and I'd like to clarify three of them in the same thread instead of making three different one.

BYOND account and character name: Gontran - Julius Mazor
Noting admin: MrJWhit
Noting type: (!!!)
Note Reason: (MANUAL BAN) Purposefully teleported into dorms multiple times. Reduced from a permaban to a one week ban on appeal.
Ban appeal: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3333

The note in question is not written properly at all. It claims that I've teleported more than twice in dorms, and there is not a single mention about Asher Stone who built the teleporter right next to dorm, and used it to send and retrieve me from the room next to us. At no point did I use the teleporter myself, and I was banned the second stepped off the pad and was about to looc him.

Note that whoever was Asher Stone could have been permabanned through a ahelp by myself and my partner before this event.

I'd like to change it to: (MANUAL BAN) Was incited to step on a teleporter pad and sent into dorms twice by Asher Stone. Was given a ban without warning.

BYOND account and character name: Gontran - Julius Mazor
Noting admin: CygnusB
Noting type: (-)
Note Reason: Let a Phazon be built and rewarded the builder with a medal, on a greenshift with no threats. Been warned to not promote powergaming.

This note implies i knew there was a Phazon built when I did not. I was told to come to the bridge by a scientist, who then shown me the Phazon. I've ask him about what he did and he told me he set a AI with the law of robocop within the Phazon. I've checked the laws and decided to reward him a medal for the sake of being a good captain and telling the AI to behave inside the Phazon.

It was fairly late into the shift with no real threat happening. The only source of powergaming comes from the Scientist who built it and let someone control it. At the time, I thought it was just the scientist bored out of their minds and trying to find something to do. I've merely allowed the Phazon to continue due to it being inhabited by an AI (I don't really know if you can just take an AI out of the Mecha once they're, and I really didn't want to act like a dick by saying it shouldn't be wandering about. Else I'd have told the Scientist to bring it to Security so they can store it in the armory for a major threat.)

If anything, the Scientist coming to me was a good move to clarify why there is a Phazon going about, however the Scientist itself is the one liable to this note for making the Mecha, setting a AI in it and changing it laws. I didn't ahelp this matter because I didn't think it would cause trouble with the admins but I still received a note over this.

BYOND account and character name: Gontran - Lucina Highwind
Noting admin: R3dtaile
Noting type: (Green Check)
Note Reason: As HOP, left the station to the syndicate listening outpost. It was set up with a teleporter for easy travel so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but still. Reminded that it's not necessarily fulfilling their role to leave the station.

As for this one, the crew onboard the syndicate outpost was asking for the Captain to come see them. Since it was late in a greenshift and proof that there was a way back, I've decided to give them a visit to check on them. At that moment I didn't know that simply leaving even if there is no immediate threat on a greenshift is outright out of the question for a head.

I have to admit I'm quite lenient (My main character for Citadel is entirely made around leniency), I tend to act through IC first and foremost and avoid Looc/Ahelp as much as I can, but I've been trying to change that lately since Citadel is a fun server to play on. I know I've got some bad notes already, but I want to at least clarify some things on these three

Notsuchai

Re: [MrJWhit;CygnusB;R3dtaile] Gontran - Note Appeal

Post by Notsuchai »

The first note sounds (and even ban) sounds extremely ridiculous. Shame on Whit. He should be really damn sure that he has the right person for the ban rather than a dude that happened to be lured into such foul play and used as a scapegoat.
The other two are somewhat valid - especially phazon one.
Last one is valid but in a bitchy, nitpicky way.

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

Crap, I forgot to mention.
Creating one topic for multiple note appeals is bad. Say, one admin says that one adjustment is fine, and another doesn't, and then the third doesn't respond at all. Is the topic resolved? What direction?

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

First one I'd be in favor of lifting, other two are valid and likely wont be lifted. That being said, like MrJWhit said, dont make one appeal for multiple notes/bans. Muddies the thread up and makes things more difficult than they have to be. Feel free to remake threads for the notes you do want to appeal, but this particular one is being moved to denied.