[MrJWhit] Krzyzstof_K - Main ban

Krzyzstof_K

[MrJWhit] Krzyzstof_K - Main ban

Post by Krzyzstof_K »

BYOND account and character name: Krzyzstof_K & Suzu Kaur

Banning admin: MrJWhit

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Main - 4320 minutes/3 days

Ban reason: As captain gave, gave armory and security access to a demoted demoted detective. Rule 6.3 "Be conservative when giving players outside of your department powerful items or abilities. Provide them to those who need it, and deny them to those who would pose a potential risk."

Your side of the story: So, it all started with the detective Martin coming to the bridge after I had been handling all the stations projects and organizing everyone so no one was screaming at each other, telling me security officer Zeta stole all the detectives shit (From prior rounds, I know this might sound almost unrelated but Zeta apparently has a history for raiding the detectives locker as security officer and doing their job w/ proof (https://imgur.com/a/kiqrvGp)(https://imgur.com/a/d6VZAGg)), and when asked back for it, when giving back some of it they decided to steal whatever they had on them pertaining to security, in response of this Martin immediately used non-lethals on them in order to get everything back, from what I could figure out, Zeta played victim and Martin had their gun and almost everything else detective pertaining to them taken. Further down the line, Martin had even tried talking to the Warden and HoS, the warden was dismissive, as following orders for the HoS, the HoS which then went on with simply ignoring the detective on a confirmed traitors round for a sly, and lying security officer and believing them rather than even taking two or three minutes of their time to assess the situation. Not once was their any way shape or form of proper communication. As captain, from the start of listening to security communications, they've almost, and not if, talking shit throughout the entire shift so me giving the detective access to the armory, yes probably wasn't the best decision, but giving access to him was able to allow Martin to RP and converse with the warden and explain their access finally with word from me the captain at the time essentially, allowed them to get their detective gear back and revolver. Albeit, while I do understand that giving armory access wasn't the most perfect choice, but given the access was later removed not even two minutes prior from getting their revolver back, I think the situation handled fine. And of course, I have thought out better ways know that I wasn't under pressure of other things at the time, organizing other things. After a bit, the security officer Zeta, and others immediately went to cry over communications of me power tripping (Frankly amusing for what happened overall, and given they literally yoinked the detectives stuff.) I told them over communications to stop crying, and hopefully I wanted them to just get back to working on observing for anymore traitors as I had helped perma Chair that round with confirmed esword, and opened traitor PDA, so the message of what was going on was clear and I did inform over communications at one point to speed them up. Now maybe a couple minutes, they kept screeching over communications, I went over and help intent with the chain of command as a little gag to make them stop, and went back to the bridge where I literally sat with a back and forth argument with Zeta, lying through their teeth about most of it. For the record, if Zeta had not stolen the detectives stuff, all of this wouldn't have happened, so I don't think Joker was entirely the problem in this case at all, sometimes feelings do get the best of us. After telling them to stop the he did, she did business I was just sitting in the bridge, genuinely tired so I kind of just went semi-afk in a dog bed. Then, Joker threatened to mutiny at one point over the command, I don't remember from memory what I said back but, they immediately threatened instead of actually wanting to discuss it which kind of left me shocked. Then it comes to the actual mutiny after Zeta had been screeching non-stop in security comms, with any attempt to escalate the situation any further as possible, so I saw Joker outside, so I ran towards them in attempt to actually talk, where then they wordlessly mutinied me, without clear prior approval at all. I cannot express enough, literally talking was out the window. The rest is just Zeta taking the time out of their day to literally sit in front of the bridge where we me and another officer and shortly the HoP from the mutiny, attempting to rub it in my face as much as possible.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

As in my ban note, "As captain gave, gave armory and security access to a demoted demoted detective." the detective wasn't demoted whatsoever, they literally stripped Martin of his gear because of some lying officer, and even I saw through it all really fast. Clear neglect as security was happening, and clearly none of them were up for talking and only barking. Along with the context of Joker revealing the meta-grudging, I cannot express enough how did I go over their head in this.

Secondly, the reason is very flimsy in my opinion to give me a 3 day ban, the detective wasn't demoted at all, and on top of that, they had nothing practically detective like than their uniform. If you're going to strip a detective of everything they had and then ignore and neglect them as HoS, you might as well just demote them, and I do not think my actions were at all entirely bad for all the context, but could've definitely used some improvement as captain. Even then 6.3 would still not make sense other than going over the HoS's head, which frankly was definitely valid for it all for the latter context of the situation where they openly admitted to metagruding, clearly proving they weren't up for talking. The detective needs their scanner, and revolver as it is what they start with, them shooting the officer was another matter which is pretty much ground zero for this, and that officer was proved lying, and I was ignored basically in expressing that before Justin cut me off with the ban.

And yes Justin, I'm very much obligated as captain if person comes to me after their own departmental head ignores and neglects the situation at hand when active traitors are on board to let other officers trash on each other for the simple fact of getting better power-gaming gear.

HazelBailey

Re: [MrJWhit] Krzyzstof_K - Main ban

Post by HazelBailey »

I'm personally in favor of lifting this. We came into a chaotic and confusing situation, and unfortunately, when something like that happens, it's hard to make the perfect call. That being said, next time, probably best to check with the departmental head before giving someone extended access. Personally, I probably would've demoted the HoS if they refused to actually help the detective, but that's neither here nor there.

HazelBailey

Re: [MrJWhit] Krzyzstof_K - Main ban

Post by HazelBailey »

Moving to denied since this one expired.