[R3dtaiel]Grunnyyy - Note appeal

Grunnyyy

[R3dtaiel]Grunnyyy - Note appeal

Post by Grunnyyy »

Post contents: Ordered a null crate as a non-antag QM just for a toolbox. Warned for Powergaming
BYOND account and character name: Grunnyyy on the Character of SYN
Noting admin: R3dtaile

Your side of the story:
The story behind is is that I late joined, it was blue alert, I was QM. I saw broken things and blood in Cargobay, Comms were down and I met no one on my way around. I noticed my console was emagged in my office, even though the door was closed, so I assumed the worst. So I ordered a null to see if I can get something for personal protection and only took an ablative sheet, because who knows who might be on a rampage and a Toolbox, because Tools are useful and good to have, aswell as the Combat gloves, so that I could freely move around the station to better assess the situation, aswell as have find something useful that might help me, as a pacifist survive.

Why you think you should be unnoted: It was the first time I did it and get warned, and I honestly just would appreciate it if I had a clean record as I see that as just a minor missstep that a note does not look necessary to me, as I had no malicious intent and was worried for my safety due to me being cut off from any outside information and didn't want to risk a look outside. I also made sure to keep the Null crate on the shuttle and sent it back, before I was even contacted by Chase.

Redtail

Re: [R3dtaiel]Grunnyyy - Note appeal

Post by Redtail »

We've a long standing policy to not order null crates as a non-antagonist unless it's a big round ending threat (and even then advisable to ahelp just to make sure it's okay). Other admins have different ways of dealing with it , such as sending in dark maulers when null crates are ordered for bad reasons. I don't bus things, so , a formal warning (a note) was given to make sure this doesn't happen again. I'm against the idea of heads of staff being pacifists anyway, so there's nto a whole lot you can defend yourself with as a pacifist anyway. Tools are obtainable through the lathe you have. Gloves are obtainable through another crate, sure they're not combat gloves but still.

Grunnyyy

Post by Grunnyyy »

I know that they are obtainable through other crates, even combat tools. However I did not see the policy written down anywhere within the rules and as such I could also not act on it. At it wasn't about defense, but more about protection. Something like the ablative Sheet for example against Lasers or a Sleeping pen, to save oneself. But I'm fully fine with the content of the note, but rather dislike the note itself, as a warning would have been enough and it doesn't look nice on the zero note record of mine :(

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Unfortunately, not wanting the note isnt a reason to appeal it. The note is valid, and accurately explains what happened. Ordering a null crate does fall under powergaming. Trust me, I dont like having a clean note record sullied by a mistake on my part, but I did earn the note through my actions and I have to live with it. So this appeal will be moved to denied.