[auris456852][RP] Mirukihoshi - Banned for logging out to avoid "punishment"

mirukihoshi

[auris456852][RP] Mirukihoshi - Banned for logging out to avoid "punishment"

Post by mirukihoshi »

BYOND account and character name: Mirukihoshi, and Buddy Loraine.

Banning admin: auris456852.

Ban type/duration: Banned from RP, and it doesn't say how long, but I assume it's perma, since that's the default.

Ban reason:

Your side of the story: I apologize in advance if my tone in this seems hostile or aggressive, as that's not my intention. I forgot to take my meds last night, so I'm a little irritable, hence why I left the server in the first place, to avoid causing further problems.

The shift was pretty standard and normal. For most of it, I was scavenging maintenance and in and out of the bar, just making conversation with anyone who happened earlier, and just having Buddy be her normal, obnoxious self. One of those conversations involved Cassie Thunderbeak, who had a fight the other day, which Buddy decided to comment on, in an attempt to either scare her, or just annoy her. Basically, just roleplay stuff. I'm pretty sure she threw in a few threats in there as well, but honestly, I can't remember.

Anyway, about an hour goes by, and now, the bartender is gone. So, Buddy hacks the Vendors and starts manning the bar herself, and the bar gets pretty busy. Eventually, Jim Sanders comes to the bar, and after about 10 minutes, he starts harrassing Buddy about her threatening people in general, which, she hadn't done since Cassie, and Jim, to my knowledge, wasn't even in the shift when that happened. So, Buddy says she hadn't done anything, and with Jim having literally no evidence, leaves. Bar keeps busy, Buddy is getting some fun roleplay, everything good.

About 15 minutes go by, and Jim comes back to arrest Buddy, claiming he talked to Cassie about earlier. Here's where I get frustrated. I was in the middle of roleplay, as well as SUPPLYING roleplay, and just kind of doing my own thing. Jim, having literally no reason to arrest Buddy, goes out to find a specific reason to fucking arrest her, and finds something barely arrestable from an HOUR AGO, when he wasn't even on the server. He literally had to walk around and ask people if Buddy had threatened them, when he didn't have a legitimate reason to before. Isn't that really fucking power-trippy? That honestly pissed me off, and me already being irritable, when he arrested Buddy, I simply logged out, because I knew I'd just make it worse if I stayed. To those who know me, they'd agree me logging out was best.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned, because I don't think anyone will agree with what Jim did, as trying to find a reason to arrest someone and then finding something from an hour ago is just kind of bad. I also don't mind taking a lower ban, if that is what is decided, because I did break the rules, and I realize that, but I only did that because I know I just would've broken more had I stayed. Thank you for reading this, and again, I'm sorry if my tone seems hostile!

HazelBailey

Re: [auris456852][RP] Mirukihoshi - Banned for logging out to avoid "punishment"

Post by HazelBailey »

One thing to keep in mind is, the timeframe between something happening and something getting reported to security does not matter on RP. If you did something illegal, and security decides it's bad enough to arrest for, then it doesnt matter that it happened an hour, or even four hours earlier, as long as it's still the same shift. If you break then IC rules, you are subject to IC punishments, and dodging those punishments by disconnecting will get you OOC punishments instead. If you NEED to DC while in processing, ahelp, and we'll handle it from there.

mirukihoshi

Re: [auris456852][RP] Mirukihoshi - Banned for logging out to avoid "punishment"

Post by mirukihoshi »

HazelBailey wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:35 am
One thing to keep in mind is, the timeframe between something happening and something getting reported to security does not matter on RP. If you did something illegal, and security decides it's bad enough to arrest for, then it doesnt matter that it happened an hour, or even four hours earlier. If you break then IC rules, you are subject to IC punishments, and dodging those punishments by disconnecting will get you OOC punishments instead. If you NEED to DC while in processing, ahelp, and we'll handle it from there.
I DC'd, because like I said, I would've made it worse. My history here makes that clear. I know I broke the rules, but I would've broken them again, because had I stayed, I would've just ended up slinging insults and getting banned anyway. Also, I realize what Jim did didn't break the rules, but it was just rude from an OOC stand-point, which I do not appreciate.

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

Being hostile and unapproachable ICly, and then complaining when you get hit for it, THEN leaving in the middle of processing...

Doesn't matter how long it took Jim to do it. If charges are pressed in the same shift, punishment can proceed.

Heavily against this appeal.

mirukihoshi

Post by mirukihoshi »

mouseofthecake wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:41 am
Being hostile and unapproachable ICly, and then complaining when you get hit for it, THEN leaving in the middle of processing...

Doesn't matter how long it took Jim to do it. If charges are pressed in the same shift, punishment can proceed.

Heavily against this appeal.
What you're talking about was a completely separate IC issue from another shift, and I have no idea why you're bringing it up. The Cassie issue was not in the same shift as this.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Honestly, saw you talking icly in a different round about murdering Cassie and didn't really show any remorse for it. No wonder it was reported since you've shown icly that you wouldn't hesitate to again.

Keep in mind NT doesn't keep psychopaths working on station.

Against this appeal.

Also IC occurrences carry over. If you make yourself out to be the sort of person to murder or harm people for little to nothing, people will start to treat you that way icly.

The actual murder can't be acted on past that round, but the infamy your character has for doing it can carry on

mirukihoshi

Post by mirukihoshi »

Nethaufer wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 am
Honestly, saw you talking icly in a different round about murdering Cassie and didn't really show any remorse for it. No wonder it was reported since you've shown icly that you wouldn't hesitate to again.

Against this appeal.

Also IC occurrences carry over. If you make yourself out to be the sort of person to murder or harm people for little to nothing, people will start to treat you that way icly.

The actual murder can't be acted on past that round, but the infamy your character has for doing it can carry on
I would like if we kept this appeal focused on the issue at hand, and not on the ethics and morality of my character. I realize IC occurrences carry over, however, I was not going to have Buddy do anything else. They were just words.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

mirukihoshi wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:48 am
Nethaufer wrote:

Against this appeal.

I would like if we kept this appeal focused on the issue at hand, and not on the ethics and morality of my character. I realize IC occurrences carry over, however, I was not going to have Buddy do anything else. They were just words.
Aaaand the player you threatened knew that you wouldn't actually do anything... how?

mirukihoshi

Post by mirukihoshi »

Nethaufer wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:50 am
mirukihoshi wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:48 am
Nethaufer wrote:

Against this appeal.

Aaaand the player you threatened knew that you wouldn't actually do anything... how?
They didn't have to know. I don't have an issue with Cassie reporting that, but the Cassie issue has little to do with this appeal.

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

You're trying to appeal your ban. We're trying to explain why that shouldn't happen.

This isn't a player complaint, and we've already focused on how Jim wasn't at fault for this.