[DeltaFire] FancyCyclops - Burning the Witch on Main

FancyCyclops

[DeltaFire] FancyCyclops - Burning the Witch on Main

Post by FancyCyclops »

BYOND account and character name: FancyCyclops, Friede Porter

Banning admin: DeltaFire

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Weekban from main, first note.

Ban reason:Image

Your side of the story: At the time, I was in a round with two bad boys. The first time around was a miner "misfiring" into a crowd with a plasmacutter. Being the paranoid bugger I am, I opted to paci-fist him into a pair of cablecuffs. So I hunted him down and tried to dunk him. Some time after this failed engagement, there was another one; where he pulled out his armblade and I abused Skittish for all it's worth while calling him out.

He was later killed by a miner. Peace at last? But there was an emagged medibot callout before, and I had a list of suspects in my mind.

I called out that I was searching the scientist, according to memory, and she responded violently. This violent response, therefore, meant she had something to hide. And if she had something to hide, then she's the bad guy. I commanded people to help out with getting this sucker into cuffs.
Long story short, she DID get into cuffs, after her self-antaggery had landed herself with a chopped off leg, and she was in surgery. At this point, she was at the mercy of everyone, so as a last ditch effort, she ahelped in an effort to squirm her way out of the situation.

It feels like she was spinning the story to fit herself. And I was the perfect target.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Parse the logs. If I am truly as innocent as I think I am, then you may judge me as such.

DeltaFire

Re: [DeltaFire] FancyCyclops - Burning the Witch on Main

Post by DeltaFire »

Rechecked logs to doublecheck I didn't have any bad memory skills that shift or anything, but no it doesn't appear like it.

Firstly, as an assistant, you.. do not have any rights to random search people or well, doing that by 'trying to steal their bag', as you phrased it in the ticket. Them tabling you in response to an quite nonunderstandable order is not 'having something to hide', it is 'you have absolutely no leverage to be requesting random searches', aswell as a toolbox hit being.. quite understandable when you tried to stamcrit them with boxing gloves in response.
Furthermore, the term 'having something to hide means they are the bad guy' alone is quite questionable, especially when an assistant uses that as reason to hunt someone down. Sparking a manhunt in response to their noncompliance, leading to them losing a leg because someone shot them into crit is.. not the right way to go about it, especially since they showed no ill intent until you expressed your desire to go hunt them for 'refusing a search', going as far as calling them an agent for that simple act.
Eitherway, after they got shot into crit, with you explicitly recommending lethals, and going as far as decrewing them, they ended up at surgery, where you went through requesting / ordering an implant check on them, with no reason to do so, even IF you had been security... which, you still weren't. Afterwards debraining them, again, with... no good reason. With them afterwards getting forceborged. And only then it being accepted that they really had not been a evil guy when they were law 2ed the question.
So, tl;dr, no, you were absooolutely not in the right. You not liking the player, as you did express repeatedly, does not change that fact.
Not supporting this appeal.

FancyCyclops

Post by FancyCyclops »

Get someone else.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Hi, headmin here. Everything Deltafire just told you is absolutely right. As an assistant, you have zero right to random search people, and getting tabled in what basically amounts to them telling you to get lost also does not give you right to attempt to stamcrit them to continue your search. From there you had other people get involved, you recommending lethals over them refusing a search, REMOVING THEM FROM THE MANIFEST, and eventually dragged them to robotics to be borged (Again, as an Assistant, I cant even begin to explain how bad that is.) and finally, after getting them into an MMI, you finally find out that your entire hunt was pointless and you had someone hunted down, shot to near death, and borged all because they refused an Assistant's order to random search them.

Nothing about this situation reads as you being in the right, and if you'd read the rules (which I might add, you agreed you had read when you fill out the access request to get into the server), you'd know exactly what you did wrong in this situation and you wouldn't have been banned in the first place. As an Assistant, it is not, and never will be your job to deal with traitors. Unless something is a confirmed major threat to the station, you are not supposed to go after it. And no, that does not mean you can say, "Traitors are dangerous, so I'm allowed to hunt them!". There's around five days left on your ban. I'd heavily suggest actually reading the rules sometime in those five days, because if you come back and do the exact same thing, the next one will probably be longer.

And in case it's not clear, your appeal is denied.