[Cataclysmanic and Captain227] Banned from HoP and Captain for very little reason

OmegaBlep

Re: [Cataclysmanic and Captain227] Banned from HoP and Captain for very little reason

Post by OmegaBlep »

I feel that is just being inconsistent and defeats the purpose of a CCO.

Cataclysmanic

Re: [Cataclysmanic and Captain227] Banned from HoP and Captain for very little reason

Post by Cataclysmanic »

The refusal to learn falls to an OOC standpoint. Because you stated toward captain, blatantly

Admin PM to-OmegaBlep/(Omega Thurisaz): There are plenty of good HoPs to watch. I, one last time, gently recommend you take my advice.
Reply PM from-OmegaBlep/(Omega Thurisaz): I apologize, but I refuse, one last time. I don't give up so easily. I believe I can do good.

This is quite literally refusing to learn from your mistakes OOC. Making it an OOC issue.

Zandario

Post by Zandario »

Hello, Mr. NoobTainer here, I watched your tickets go down and don't personally see the confusion here, can you please explain exactly what you're confused about? I see the reasons provided as cut and dry, though you clearly don't see them as such, so I'd appreciate if you can explain how they are confusing you and I'll gladly try to get bridge assembled.

Another thing, we can't solve all issues ICly, and sure we advertise ourselves as the HRP Citadel, but in reality its more of a High MRP. Same thing usually applies to most other servers as well.

OmegaBlep

Post by OmegaBlep »

And that is grounds to permanently Ban someone from two separate positions? With zero warning, and not even giving me a chance to prove I can learn from my mistakes?
How can I prove that I learned, if I can't even do the job?

And how I was confused, was I was asking for more direct examples of how I was overstepping boundaries, so I could improve. But instead of providing them, I was given very vague statements aside from the one situation with Masi, which I learned from, and haven't interfered with them since. Is that not proof enough that I can learn from my mistakes?

OmegaBlep

Post by OmegaBlep »

Look, I apologize if I offended anyone, or upset anyway in what I said or how I spoke, but I love these jobs. I really do. I can't help but fight for them, they're why I play. I want to be the best I can be. I waited for a really long time for a Captain or HoP to come around, but in the past month, I have seen one, maybe 2, for a solid 10 minutes, before they were gone. I would love to be the best FD I can be, and learn from someone who already knows the ropes, but that's just not attainable in the RP server, not with how low our pop gets. I think two whole weeks is far too unreasonable, especially with no chance to prove that I can learn. I can accept a couple days, or even a week, but a permanent ban, where I have to come back and appeal just feels like you don't want me do it at all, which honestly, kinda hurts.

Cataclysmanic

Post by Cataclysmanic »

We want you to enjoy the role, we truly do. But OOC complaints from players incline us to take action. Your obvious dismissal toward any help in understanding your job encouraged us to do something about it. We want everyone here to have fun, and we gave you a chance.

As I've stated already, your mistakes are not the main reason we pushed this ban. Alongside your mistakes, as Captain said in 3 and 4.

3. You are completely ignorant of HoP policy in general, based on how our conversation went. You described the HoP's duties as including a nebulous need to provide "help". I told you to play an Assistant if you wanted to just go around helping everyone. When again your duties were explained, you ignored the majority of the response and tried to redirect the conversation in another direction.
4. Throughout this process you seemed to almost intentionally ignore what we were saying to you, and hearing only what you wanted to hear. Nothing in your appeal suggests to me that you have reevaluated the conversation.

Generally when someone appeals, it's either after they've acknowledged their misgivings both in and out of character, or feel they've been mistreated. To which I see none of. Multiple administrators (including myself) watched the ahelp proceedings, to which we all came to a common consensus that this ban should be pushed. Not only due to your IC mistakes, or your lack of knowledge toward proper HOP duty, but also due to your general dismissal toward any compromise, and what seems to be intentional cherry-picking of information on your end. I understand that you enjoy the leadership roles, but if people have an OOC issue with you playing it, and you simply refuse to listen to administration, I can't support the appeal at this time. Not until you've proven to me that you have learned after two weeks, and written a proper appeal.

As I've said in my ahelp today, I've personally been through a command ban. I didn't complain. I took the loss, and studied the role. I came back, and played it better than I ever had. I acknowledged my mistakes both in and out of character with open arms.

I apologise, and sympathize with you, I really do, but I will not be supporting this appeal.

OmegaBlep

Post by OmegaBlep »

My issue is, even now, to this very moment, still no one has come to say what situations I have come to handle improperly. Even with the situation with FD today. I can't think of a single thing where I did something wrong as FD today, and yet somehow, still multiple complaints came through on my "Behavior" that have yet to come to light. I am sorry to say this and sound rude, but you guys have not given me one single bit of evidence that I am doing something wrong, aside from the situation with Masi, which, again, I learned from, and have proved I have learned from it. If this was a Court of Law, unfortunately, there would be no case. That is my issue. This whole time, I am trying to learn, but you guys aren't giving me anything except "Be more hands off." Okay? How am I being too hands on? Give me situations that you have allegedly heard of, so I can learn from those specifically, because no one has told me anything aside from being very vague and just saying I am overextending my roles some how. That's what is so frustrating. That is why I see this as unjust. Because no matter how hard I try to understand from how you guys see it, I just can't, because I just don't see any evidence and you have provided me with absolutely zero, regardless of me asking for at least some so I can see exactly what I did wrong, meditate on it, and figure out how I could have handled that better.

How about an example? You work at a store. Your boss tells you that you aren't doing your job right, you make messes. Problem is, you stock shelves, run the cash register, do cleaning, all sorts of things. How are you supposed to know exactly what you were doing wrong. When you ask him what you're doing wrong, he just say's you're not doing it right. Be tidier. You could just try guessing or waiting for someone who knows what they're doing even though no one worked your position for the last couple of months, but instead you ask him for answers, and he gets frustrated and suggests for you to go through training again. You don't think you need to go through training because, you already did, why do it again? You come to work the next day, and he tells you that you're fired, no warning, no chance to improve, no chance to learn. You can walk in the store all you would like and learn from the people still working there, but you can't work there yourself.

What did you do wrong? Nothing, of course. You just tried to figure out what the problem exactly was, instead of just guessing, or waiting for someone else to finally take your position so you can finally learn and do the job you love. That is how I feel. I feel like I was slapped for being passionate about something I love doing, for actually seeking answers instead of just blindly accepting what I was told and moving on. I was never disrespectful, never rude. Even to the end. I said I wanted to prove that I can learn, and be the best, even with the very little that was given me, but in the end, that was denied.

I hoped to appeal to logic, but it seems that did not work. I tried to be polite, which also failed. Asking for straight answers just barely got 10% of the answer I was looking for. I really don't know what else to say. I feel like the one ignored, stepped on, and brushed aside so others can have fun, and I can sit and spin for all they care.

OmegaBlep

Post by OmegaBlep »

I would also like to mention, I never turned you down, offered to listen to you, and even spent the time typing, even though I really really didn't want to. I was never offered a compromise, and when I was told to not overextend and to be more hands off, I didn't say no or be rude. Instead, I asked how should I do that? I asked for specific situations where I went too far so I could do... What?

Learn

Yet I was banned for not wanting to learn?

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

OmegaBlep wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:44 pm
Also, I have another question. If all this is based on IC situations, and my failure to "Learn," on an RP server, why was this not handled ICly?
This is not nesscarily true and misleading, We are an HRP server who is here to provide a serious and dedicated role playing environment, if you screw around ICly too much you can and will be punished OOCly for disruption of that environment. Things are handled Icly, often, they are also handled OOCly, they are also somtimes a mixture of both, it all depends on the situation. From what I've read, as an outsider looking in, you did cause a disruption in the type of environment we are trying to provide and disciplinary action was taken to preserve it. At this point in time, I stand by my fellow admins and their positions to hold firm on this ban. I might rethink my position however if you put in the effort to go study and learn the HOP as a job, what it is supposed to do, its powers, official actions and protocals (Standard Operating Proceadure or, SOP) and demonstrate that you know and understand that knowledge.

Until then I, as well, do not think this ban should be lifted, as a n independant party to the situation.

OmegaBlep

Post by OmegaBlep »

I have one final thing to say before I am done posting, and will leave this to you all. If you are going to enforce the HoP and other Command positions this Harshly, right a proper manual for them. Their own SoP. Because I sat and read both the SoP and the Corporate Regs before actually starting to do the HoP job, and neither actually detailed what is required of any command positions aside from major things. This is just a suggestion, so you don't run into this again, and don't have to have this long debate. You can just simply say "This is exactly where you broke the rules, according to your handbook." Makes everyone's lives easier.