[MrJWhit] Speeno main perma appeal

speeno

[MrJWhit] Speeno main perma appeal

Post by speeno »

BYOND account and character name: Speeno, can't remember my character name

Banning admin: MrJWhit

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Citadel Main, permanent ban.

Ban reason: Got banned off of RP for lrp behavior, came to main, broke into dorms twice in the same day, and attacked people, claims this is an alt account on RP.

Your side of the story: Basically, the RP ban was due to me being new as hell to HRP (and overall just not fit out for HRP, turns out) and it was only for a month. I was already playing on main before that, too. So I got pirate, pretended to be part of the crew, then welderbombed dorms. There were ~7 people in a single dorms, all the other dorms were empty and the door was open. I thought, "If I'm gonna suicide bomb, I should aim to take out as many people and do as much damage as possible." so I welderbombed right outside that dorm. Overall shitty decision, but it wasn't a ban. The next day (it might've been the same day server-time, timezones and such), halloween, I think, was the halloween ball thing. Me, being a confused dumbass, stumbled around to the back of dorms. Thinking it was some random building, I broke the heck in and was surprised to see people. Not only did I manage to accidentally find dorms in a map I'm completely unfamiliar in, I also managed to find a dorm with people in it. In my confusion, I started attacking things. Then I was permanently banned, because I had broken into dorms and started destroying shit.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I mean, the first time was my bad for welderbombing dorms, but the second time was just shit luck and me, being a dumbass (as usual). It's been a month and a bit, and I'd like to come back to the server.

Edit: forgot to mention this, but my account isn't an alt, i moved accounts from my old one due to some community drama. just clearing that up

MrJWhit

Re: [MrJWhit] Speeno main perma appeal

Post by MrJWhit »

Considering you just got banned RP for being LRP, not 4 hours before making this appeal, I'm heavily leaning towards not accepting it unless you have a voucher from another server.

speeno

Post by speeno »

MrJWhit wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:07 pm
Considering you just got banned RP for being LRP, not 4 hours before making this appeal, I'm heavily leaning towards not accepting it unless you have a voucher from another server.
they recommended I should play on the main server, actually, which is why i appealed. i don't know if another server could vouch for me, considering i'm not really notable enough in any server to get an opinion, negative or positive, nor would i imagine any server would care enough to vouch for a player's ban appeal unless that player was good friends with the administration or something the like. i can tell you that i wouldn't really be too much of an issue, considering i've played SS13 for quite a lot of time since my ban and have not been banned from every server. i've played on goonstation without issue, /vg/, and quite a few others in that month. i can guarantee that i won't be a problem if i'm unbanned.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

neither your main nor rp ban will be lifted without a vouch from a server comparable to citadel main in standards.

you have had chance after chance after chance and it is clear you are not listening on every single time. our patience has expired.

speeno

Post by speeno »

Silicons wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:19 pm
neither your main nor rp ban will be lifted without a vouch from a server comparable to citadel main in standards.

you have had chance after chance after chance and it is clear you are not listening on every single time. our patience has expired.
The ban I had on the HRP server happened because I was acting LRP. They told me to appeal on main. I'd understand taking the HRP ban into consideration if it were a ban for something like grief, but they told me that what I was doing there would be tolerated on main. I had chance after chance on the HRP server, but not on the main server, which is what I'm appealing. I was literally told it would be okay on main right before I was banned. I don't see why you're taking my HRP ban into consideration when the reason I was banned justifies the existence of the lower RP servers.

buffalowing

Post by buffalowing »

speeno wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:22 pm
MrJWhit wrote:
they recommended I should play on the main server, actually, which is why i appealed.
I made that 'recommendation' because at the time, I wasn't aware that a few short days prior you managed to net yourself a permaban. Your behavior was consistently at a lower standard that what it is we expect on our HRP server. My recommending that you play on main was not a vouch or any manner of support for an unban, it was an opportunity so that I could potentially watch you in a better environment wherein your actions would be far less likely to ruin entire rounds for others.

All of this without the aforementioned knowledge that you were already banned.

In my thinking, I figured I might have an easier time demonstrating that your behavior could be to have fun, so long as you took examples from other people as far as fun gameplay loops and not ruining the rounds for others. Gameplay loops being something I understand that RP currently lacks. As an admin that's watching main about as often if not slightly more than RP, if I had known you had managed to get yourself banned already, I'd have just banned you a lot sooner on RP for the behavior. I was giving you the opportunity (without this knowledge) to demonstrate that you're capable of participating in this community; an olive branch that many others receive after a server ban: which is the opportunity to improve on our other server, if they're not banned there too.

speeno wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:34 pm
Silicons wrote:

They told me to appeal on main.
That's not true. At no point did I tell you to appeal a ban on main, in any communications between us. I was not aware you had already been main-banned.
speeno wrote:
I'd understand taking the HRP ban into consideration if it were a ban for something like grief, but they told me that what I was doing there would be tolerated on main.
In context, I believe you were dressing as a clown as the RD at the time being obnoxious in that capacity. I told you that sort of thing would be more acceptable to do on main, and not on RP. Comparing the sum total of offenses that I myself had witnessed, I figured you might be more easily improved by playing our more action-oriented server, where I would've also observed you as I had been on RP.
speeno wrote:
I was literally told it would be okay on main right before I was banned.
This was not a vouch, nor recommendation to be unbanned, and made by someone who had no (at the time) knowledge of your very recent main ban.

tl;dr: i didn't know you were already banned on main, and was giving you an opportunity to show your willingness to participate in our community without selfishly ruining people's rounds for your enjoyment on the other server.

speeno

Post by speeno »

buffalowing wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:57 pm
speeno wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:22 pm
MrJWhit wrote:
they recommended I should play on the main server, actually, which is why i appealed.
I made that 'recommendation' because at the time, I wasn't aware that a few short days prior you managed to net yourself a permaban. Your behavior was consistently at a lower standard that what it is we expect on our HRP server. My recommending that you play on main was not a vouch or any manner of support for an unban, it was an opportunity so that I could potentially watch you in a better environment wherein your actions would be far less likely to ruin entire rounds for others.

All of this without the aforementioned knowledge that you were already banned.

In my thinking, I figured I might have an easier time demonstrating that your behavior could be to have fun, so long as you took examples from other people as far as fun gameplay loops and not ruining the rounds for others. Gameplay loops being something I understand that RP currently lacks. As an admin that's watching main about as often if not slightly more than RP, if I had known you had managed to get yourself banned already, I'd have just banned you a lot sooner on RP for the behavior. I was giving you the opportunity (without this knowledge) to demonstrate that you're capable of participating in this community; an olive branch that many others receive after a server ban: which is the opportunity to improve on our other server, if they're not banned there too.

speeno wrote:
Silicons wrote:

They told me to appeal on main.
That's not true. At no point did I tell you to appeal a ban on main, in any communications between us. I was not aware you had already been main-banned.
speeno wrote:
I'd understand taking the HRP ban into consideration if it were a ban for something like grief, but they told me that what I was doing there would be tolerated on main.
In context, I believe you were dressing as a clown as the RD at the time being obnoxious in that capacity. I told you that sort of thing would be more acceptable to do on main, and not on RP. Comparing the sum total of offenses that I myself had witnessed, I figured you might be more easily improved by playing our more action-oriented server, where I would've also observed you as I had been on RP.
speeno wrote:
I was literally told it would be okay on main right before I was banned.
This was not a vouch, nor recommendation to be unbanned, and made by someone who had no (at the time) knowledge of your very recent main ban.

tl;dr: i didn't know you were already banned on main, and was giving you an opportunity to show your willingness to participate in our community without selfishly ruining people's rounds for your enjoyment on the other server.

I distinctly remember another admin telling me to appeal my main ban. I can't remember who, but I was told to do it.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

right well outside of another head admin overriding, this is denied with the terms i have posted. you have had more than a dozen chances to change and none of them went well for anyone but yourself.