Discord ban/Forrest#5032/don't remember the banning admin

Forrest

Discord ban/Forrest#5032/don't remember the banning admin

Post by Forrest »

BYOND account and character name: ForrestWick, discord name is just Forrest

Banning admin: Don't remember, honestly.

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Seemingly permanent discord ban. I wasn't really given a specific time but as far as I can tell it was meant to be permanent.

Ban reason: I was told toxic behavior, not much else.

Your side of the story: From what I recall about the incident leading to the ban, Justin and a couple others were harassing Grima by constantly pinging her and telling her to go to sleep. Some folks and I were trying to tell them that going to sleep was impossible for her at the moment due to IRL circumstances anyway. Heat of the moment, I told Justin he's a dent-brain and then I got hit with the ban. I was also told it was a result of multiple warnings in recent history at the time, but not only can I not go into the discord to prove this is false, but I have basically no DM warnings outside of maybe a year and a half or more ago, which I saw maybe 2 or something months apart.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I dunno what exactly is being used as the standard of "toxic behavior" to back this ban, especially when the discord itself for the longest time was constantly full of petty arguments and general shittiness. But I had friends there, so I stuck around cause it wasn't all bad. Regardless, I got told by Kevinz/Silicons to just do another appeal after a month, which granted I took my sweet time on but meh. As far as I know, as of like a week ago maybe, I'm not banned from the SS13 server itself and I wanna try appealing this because it's been a few months now. I called Justin a single name, one that at the time was a commonly used one anyway. If there were other incidents to account for in recent history, then I dunno what they were, but it's been a while anyway and I doubt this'll happen again. Everyone has their moments of letting words slip they don't actually mean, and trying to say I'm fuckin' toxic for that is just dumb.

Also in case anyone wants to bring up the previous ban appeal, it was made late at night when I was going off roughly 30 hours of basically no sleep and mostly just looking to be shitty toward Justin intentionally at the time because I felt justified in it. Gimmie a break.

zI-H482

Re: Discord ban/Forrest#5032/don't remember the banning admin

Post by zI-H482 »

After a discussion with the staff team, there was minimal support for the unban and the appeal did not address the team’s concerns over toxicity. If you would like a standard for toxicity to use in a future appeal, ‘petty arguments and general shittiness‘ is a fairly solid one.

The final incident was an example of the behavior we found objectionable. It alone was not what merited the ban because it as you said: occasionally slips of the tongue do happen and people say things harsher and meaner than what they truthfully meant. However, while you may doubt slips of the tongue like that will happen again, we remain unconvinced.

I would personally suggest finding someone to vouch for you since that’s probably the best way to make that case but, if you have a different idea on how to, feel free to make a new appeal.

The appeal is denied.