[Unknown, MrJWhit involved but likely not the one who banned me] Florida Man - Discord ban

L_Nacho_Chaos_L

[Unknown, MrJWhit involved but likely not the one who banned me] Florida Man - Discord ban

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L »

Discord name: Florida Man#4175

Banning admin: Unknown, I think MrJWhit got another admin to ban me.

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): I just got removed from the Discord server without getting told the length. This is only a Discord ban, I still have access to the SS13 server as far as I know.

Ban reason: Harrassment (called Grima "DUMB SYNTH", which apparently counts)

Your side of the story: I called Grima "DUMB SYNTH" as a joke (which I have done many times without ever being told to stop, by Grima or otherwise, until this time), MrJWhit told me not to do it again, and when I said Grima didn't tell me not to, instead of telling me why I'm not allowed to (he did tell me, but only AFTER removing my crew role and telling the other admins), he removed my crew role and then somehow got me banned from the whole server, with no real warning (there was a warning, but it was just "final warning" with no explanation), over 2 words.

I had no intention of continuing, I was just saying that I disagreed with the warning, not that I wouldn't listen. I explained that in DMs before the ban happened.

I was not informed of the fact that Grima APPARENTLY told people "not to call her dumb" (the actual thing she said was "But even I have times where I just can't take anymore of being "Dumb old dumpy Grimbo"", which is not explicitly "don't call me dumb") until AFTER MrJWhit removed my crew role. I will not do this again as long as what I can and cannot do is actually made clear.

This is the second time I have been prevented from talking in the server with barely any warning. I will admit that I was being a jerk the first time, but THIS was, again, literally two words, and I had no actual intention of making anyone uncomfortable this time. This was just the result of vague rules.

I know it hasn't been very long since I got banned, but I am
not patient enough to just wait because I literally have no other form of social interaction.

Please let me back in. I will literally block Grima to avoid this happening again if I have to, just let me talk again. Make it a week chatban again if you have to, but let me back in, PLEASE.

Nik707

Re: [Unknown, MrJWhit involved but likely not the one who banned me] Florida Man - Discord ban

Post by Nik707 »

Having seen the relevant logs, and messages paired with your past ban for similar reasons, and your past reaction to it?
I'm firmly against unbanning you, to be quite frank. You seem to add very little productive to any conversation, instead opting to do one of a few things.
"Horny Bad"
Or argue with people and insult them and just generally be fairly unpleasant, and any time you face any form of punishment or an admin telling you to chill, instead of just doing it, you act like you've been personally assaulted and argue about why you shouldn't be talked to or punished because "the internet is bad" or "it's okay if i don't use racial slurs."
We have a rule for situations like this.
"Don’t be a dick, we are all here to have fun, do not intentionally ruin other people’s experience. Don’t toe the line when it comes to rules, don’t rules-lawyer to ruin someone else’s day."

L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Re: [Unknown, MrJWhit involved but likely not the one who banned me] Florida Man - Discord ban

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L »

Nik707 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:59 am
Having seen the relevant logs, and messages paired with your past ban for similar reasons, and your past reaction to it?
I'm firmly against unbanning you, to be quite frank. You seem to add very little productive to any conversation, instead opting to do one of a few things.
"Horny Bad"
Or argue with people and insult them and just generally be fairly unpleasant, and any time you face any form of punishment or an admin telling you to chill, instead of just doing it, you act like you've been personally assaulted and argue about why you shouldn't be talked to or punished because "the internet is bad" or "it's okay if i don't use racial slurs."
We have a rule for situations like this.
"Don’t be a dick, we are all here to have fun, do not intentionally ruin other people’s experience. Don’t toe the line when it comes to rules, don’t rules-lawyer to ruin someone else’s day."
I am FULLY aware that pretty much everything I said before a certain point was stupid and I shouldn't have said it. I won't do it again, just tell me what the actual limits are so I don't end up getting banned over something that I didn't know wasn't allowed again.

Also, I was going to listen to MrJWhit, I just didn't understand why I got warned in the first place at the time. I am not trying to defend generally being a jerk, I'm saying that I'll try to stop being a jerk.
I will stay out of conversations that I have nothing to add to from now on, I'll stop participating in the whole "annoying Grima" thing, just let me back in.

It doesn't make sense to give me a significantly worse punishment for a significantly less severe rule break. The first time, I was actively trying to make people uncomfortable because I thought positivity and respect and all that was "cringy" (which I still kind of do, but I am trying to... not...), this time I just called Grima something that I have called her many times without specifically being told to stop.

I KNOW that I suck, I am just saying that I can try harder to NOT suck.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

The issue in the latest incident wasn’t simply because you called someone a “Dumb Synth,” but because you did so when they had expressed the desire of not being called such anymore and because of your immediate reaction to being warned to knock it off.

While I don’t expect someone to trawl the entire chat to figure out everyone’s preferences, they said this in a conversation you were a part of. It was conversation where you were actively talking and replying to them, so saying you don’t participate in serious conversation isn’t enough to claim ignorance.

On your immediate reaction to being warned by Justin, relevant part of rule 7 on the Discord states, “Decisions made by admins are final. If an admin tells you to stop doing something, stop. Don't argue.”

You claim that you were just disagreeing with warning, but the place for that disagreement is not in a direct reply to being told to knock it off.

While there’s room to quibble about the details in the latest incident, you were not banned over it alone. There has been multiple complaints from several admins and players over your behavior on the Discord. It’s far too soon for an appeal, and we’re expecting a vouch of good behavior from some place chill. If don’t know where you’d get a vouch for good behavior because you “literally have no other form of social interaction,” I would suggest you start looking.

The appeal is denied.