[Trojan_Coyote] Thranos - Main Ban "Being A Creep"

Thranos

[Trojan_Coyote] Thranos - Main Ban "Being A Creep"

Post by Thranos »

BYOND account and character name: Thranos, Angel DeLavin

Banning admin: Trojan_Coyote

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Main, permanent.

Ban reason: "During round 28852, in conjunction with the CMO, Sergei Petrov, turned a catatonic body into a nugget, and removed their genitals. This was done because the person ghosted after being caught, being a traitor. In ahelps did not understand that this is a violation of the Don't Be A Creep rule, as well as our Sexual Content rules. You should understand that this is not in any way shape or form ok. When approached in ahelps, attempted to rules lawyer. This is a permanent ban."

Your side of the story &Why you think you should be unbanned:: During round 28852, after a prolonged manhunt, bombing spree, and murder spree, I nuggeted (the now comatose, having ghosted) Opie Houston, surgically removed his genitals, fed them to him, gave him brain damage and every disability genetics had to offer, dressed him in clown clothes, etc. The end intent being "making them as dickless and braindead as they acted" as a comedic punishment.

However, I wouldn't have pulled half of that if Opie hadn't previously been exceedingly chill with what the crew does after they catch them. On top of that, Opie also confirmed LOOC during the round in which I was banned that they "didn't care" about it. I understand the "Don't be a creep" and "Sexual content" rules, but violations of them require the lack of consent from one or more involved parties. The "rules lawyering" was me stating this and trying to figure out why exactly I was still being bwoinked when this hadn't happened. I was told outright "It doesn't particularly matter if they care, you still broke the rules", which as far as I am aware is in contradiction with the very rules being discussed.

The surgery had a grand total of four people involved- Myself, the CMO, Opie, and some guy watching from the surgery observation area. Any crew who saw Opie after that only saw a nugget being dragged around and slapped, which I cannot fathom as being nonconsensual sexual content, nor "being a creep". I tried pointing out most of this to the admins handling my ahelp, but rather than explain what exactly I had done wrong, I was stonewalled, told I "should have known better", accused of rules lawyering, and then banned.

I'd like to get Opie Houston's player in here for their take on things, if nothing else, and then to hear what exactly I did wrong because I'm genuinely confused as fuck right now.

Silicons

Re: [Trojan_Coyote] Thranos - Main Ban "Being A Creep"

Post by Silicons »

I'm honestly genuinely confused on how you continue to do these things.
You have been on this server and getting in trouble for various amounts of shit for literally an order of magnitude more time than myself.
You have gotten shit for this exact issue in the past from me and others.

You are a funny person who does funny things.
Why do you go to the line where people are still laughing, and then proceed to trample over it and turn any issue you're in into a ridiculous shitpost and get confused on why people are upset?
I refuse to believe you don't have the capacity to just stop while something is still funny.
In what world is it acceptable for anyone to be castrating SSD people, with this kind of history after being told not to many times in the past, let alone as a CMO?

Thranos

Post by Thranos »

Silicons wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:02 pm
let alone as a CMO?
I have an outstanding headban, CMO was Sergei.

And again, I only did this to Opie because their player is chill about crew revenge when they get caught as an antag.
I don't think it makes sense to ban me over something that no party involved apparently even had an issue with, but if it's going to be an issue even if nobody makes it one, then fine, I'll cease any surgery involving the groin except appendectomies unless IC/LOOC consent is explicitly given.
Would that be acceptable? I was in the middle of typing up something similar in the ahelp when the ban abruptly dropped on me, otherwise I'd have asked it there.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

My bad on the CMO thing then I misinterpreted what was said on the situation.

I'm not going to make the final call on this but frankly, yikes dude. Everything else I've said still stands.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

You're actually missing part of the ban reason, which includes feeding them sex chems, specifically breast enlargement. You then dressed them up as a quote, 'sexy clown slut'. Our rules specify that 'Forcefeeding people aphrodisiacs/ERP-related chemicals, fluids, materia, etc, is part of this." And "Someone not explicitly granting consent does not imply consent". So really, I am not sure why you continue to fall back on the 'they didn't have a problem with it afterwards' argument. Having had instances of this in the past, I do not believe you are right for our server.

Thranos

Post by Thranos »

[removed because it was redundant and I can't figure out how to delete posts]
Last edited by Thranos on Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thranos

Post by Thranos »

I took some time to mull this over, and I'm just going to admit it outright, this whole thing was dumb as fuck on my part. I should've just stopped at the nuggeting and severe brain damage/disability stack.
I can't prove my honesty on this to you, but I didn't have any ill intentions or rule violations in mind when I did this, and if I had a chance to do it again I would avoid the things that made it an issue.
I maintain that I genuinely don't remember any "previous instances" of this (other than Robin Bloom, and that entire thing was dropped due to them having quite literal "do anything/anything goes" OOC notes, and being open to quite literally anything (speaking from experience beyond just the specific incident)), but I also think I'm understanding what you said in previous posts about consent vs implied consent, even when the intent isn't sexual.

I understand that I'm speaking from a really terrible position here, but if, if I were to be let back in, I wouldn't touch any of those mechanics without explicit IC/OOC permissions from those involved. I think I severely misunderstood the spirit and perhaps even letter of the rules on this one, and for that I apologize.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

It’s good that you recognize the problem with what happened. However, the problem is still an egregious rulebreak. We know that it’s a funny space game, but we also try to take consent with regards to sexual content seriously. As a result, I think the permaban Trojan placed was reasonable given the circumstances and, because it’s a proper permaban, it’s way too soon for an appeal on the issue. These things don’t get lifted just a few days later.

The appeal is denied.