Mcride RP Server Ban

Mcride99

Mcride RP Server Ban

Post by Mcride99 »

BYOND account and character name: Mcride99

Banning admin: Keekenox

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Perma, on the RP server

Ban reason: Murdered people at end round, bwoinked for it, answered with what appeared to basically be nonsensical replies. Continued to murder himself and other shenanigans during the whole ticket. Apr. 19, 2021

Your side of the story: i was kind of fucking around but, at the time i was fairly new and did not even know how to play the game

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was banned a long time ago, I do not recall what I done, but from the ban log it seemed like I killed at end round, at the time that I was banned while being pretty brand new to the game. But since then I learned from my mistakes and learned more about ss13, I would love to get back into the community and redeem myself to not be a shitter or a troll. but to chill and have fun.

Sakuya

Re: Mcride RP Server Ban

Post by Sakuya »

I don't really see any recognition or reasoning on your part to what you did. This appeal to me personally feels like it was rushed in being written, with no reason construed or demonstrated as to why you should be allowed back. I'm not comfortable showing support with this appeal as written.

-1 Support

Jaybirdnerd

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello Mcride,

First, I am going to have to agree with Sakuya, this ban appeal seems hastily written as if you are actively attempting to get a quick unban. There doesn't seem to be a lot of effort put forward into explaining things beyond 'I was new'. That said, I understand what it is like to be a new player on a SS13 server; We all start somewhere. I feel it apt to mention that despite your status as a player on any server, you should at least read through and abide by the rules. New player or not, you are expected to read them before you first join.

Secondly, I would like to make a quick note of what you had done at the time. The HRP server does not allow EORG (End of round griefing), typically shuns low-effort/no reason combat, and the fact that as a new player you thought it apt to go about attacking and murdering players simply because 'you're new' speaks bounds towards the validity of this ticket as well. This doesn't seem like typical 'new player' behavior as much as it sounds like a LRP player being, well, LRP.

Third, and lastly; I want to stress to you the importance of cooperation in admin help tickets. We don't spend our free time ensuring a community is having fun only to be met with utter bullshit when attempting to intervene on a situation and provide information towards what you are doing and why it's particularly bad. I also would like to revisit topic one in stating that if you actually were just a new player and not a player sitting around being LRP and griefing for lack of a better purpose, the admin intervention would have been a good time for cooperation to ask questions about the situation and learn from it as well as state that you are new, and you aren't certain what you were doing if that was the case.

In addendum: To surmise your case, I would have to take a wild swing in the dark and say that you seem to be someone who wasn't 'new' as you had stated in your initial appeal post, and instead wanted to join the server in order to cause problems for people and ruin their fun to supplement your own. I think if I am wrong, and I hope I am, that the situation you have found yourself in now proves ample opportunity to revise the HRP server's ruleset; When you finish doing that, feel free to come back here and expand upon what you've mentioned in the appeal as it would be beneficial to your case as well as towards us in order to see your case as what you state it is.

Sincerely,

~Jay

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

closing due to inactivity
we're cleaning up our boards because the current response time in general is pretty bad.