RenegadeX557

18 Ticket Ban appeal for RenegadeX557

Post by RenegadeX557 »

BYOND Name: RenegadeX557
Character Name: Drone
Time of ban: Unknown
Reason for ban: "Repeated Offenses" and "Violation of Drone Law"
Admin who banned you: TalkingCactus

Appeal: I Believe that the 3-month ban i have for accumulated tickets [which 5 were slapped in my face in an instant] has been a pre-mature judgement. 
I am calling for a repeal because TalkingCactus reacted HARSHLY to a simple action; Retrieving a corpse from an isolated area where he would never be discovered.

Yes. I know Law 1 states to never get involved with any "BEING." However, if you've seen iRobot, then the laws can be interpreted differently.
I was informed, falsely I might add, that the Dead do not count as beings and I was working on a misguided pretense. 
But after some logical thinking, a "Being" counts as an entity that is 'ALIVE.' Key word there. So going off that basis, a being who expires becomes a non-alive entity, an object, an obstruction... So, therefore, doesnt violate law 1 due to my interpretation. 
TalkingCactus banned me while under stress due to an earlier incident while a more calmer admin would've simply removed me from said drone body and put down a drone-ban. 
I Believe that TalkingCactus was hasty in judgement and acted over-aggressively. 

In regards to this appeal, I must request that Talkingcactus NOT Be the one to give the judgement on the appeal due to his personal grudge and potential meta-hostility. 
I Have been obeying the rules for a month or two without getting in trouble, granted I've had Admins death-glare at me for doing something wrong, which I have corrected immediately and formally apologized.
I Was told that good behavior would remove tickets from record but lemme ask... How often are tickets removed for good behavior? With what I've seen, never.

I would like to speak of this in more detail with a non-biased, impartial administrator to explain my case in greater detail. 
I can be reached on Skype, RenegadeX557, avatar of a red husky and a cake
or Byond, RenegadeX557. 
I hope to hear from a Sentient administrator soon... instead of a dictator-admin.

In fact I am willing to offer a deal to the admin who will speak to me.
Last edited by RenegadeX557 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RadarStatic

RE: 18 Ticket Ban appeal for RenegadeX557

Post by RadarStatic »

Firstly, you don't get to demand that any Administrator take the time to respond to this. You are a player, not a member of staff. We can't make exception to rule-breakers. You've accumulated enough tickets under our system to earn this ban. The ban was fair, and TalkingCactus was in the right to ban you for repeated offenses of breaking drone law. You have done nothing to prove to us why you should be unbanned, especially in the way you continue to address administration in this post.

Short answer? No.

In regards to what you have said, we do not play under the pretenses of I, Robot. Despite the cyborgs and AIs using the Asimov lawset -which is INTENTIONALLY flawed- the drones do NOT. Drones have a very strict lawset because they are intended on being true robots, rather than sentient machines. They are designed to fix and upgrade the station, nothing more. They cannot meddle in the affairs of living beings whatsoever, whether living or dead. Corpses are still considered beings, hence why they have the overlay like living humans do. They can wear hats because /TG/ decided to code it that way. As for another thing, you CAN be individual within your lawset -by building specific things, or patrolling specific areas. You blatantly broke laws more than once, and your previous actions showed that you cannot handle yourself in this game. We are not here to keep you on a leash, you should have enough self-control to do it yourself.

Long answer? No.