Post by JGlitch404 »

BYOND account and character name:
JGlitch (JGlitch#9245 on Discord)

Banning admin:
DigitalSquirrel95

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long):
Permanent from both RP and Main.

Ban reason/Your side of the story:
I'll refer to the three other ban appeals that I posted, I cant really say anything new about it that hasnt been said already, and I'm trying to forget about how I acted so you can read them here...:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4531
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4568
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4583

Why you think you should be unbanned:
It's been three years.
I ended up amicably with both Psody and Lollipop.
I've got friends that still play here that I wanna play with.
It's been three years.
I'm not here to cause trouble, I just wanna play, chill, meet old friends and make some new ones.
I miss the server's codebase.
I've actually developed some skills that I could use to contribute to the server.
I've kept my nose clean for the most part, apart from some minor conflicts and mistakes that everyone has/commits I'm not banned from any other server but Citadel.
It's been three years.

Sakuya

Re: [DigitalSquirrel95] JGlitch - Permaban Appeal

Post by Sakuya »

Hi, this ban is before my time. However I've taken the time to review the past appeals + ban + your note history on the RP server. Unfortunately with such an extensive history spanning multiple years, I do not think another three will change anything. After consulting with other staff, I'm stating that I'm firmly against this appeal.

JGlitch404

Post by JGlitch404 »

Sakuya wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:33 am
Hi, this ban is before my time. However I've taken the time to review the past appeals + ban + your note history on the RP server. Unfortunately with such an extensive history spanning multiple years, I do not think another three will change anything. After consulting with other staff, I'm stating that I'm firmly against this appeal.

Let's be objective here, for real.
I know I kinda already made the point that it has been three YEARS since the ban, but I cant stress that enough.
The people that I had the incident with? We left on good terms, friendly even, they VOUCHED for me in the previous ban appeals.
The fact that I'm only banned from Citadel should say something about how I've changed? If I was still like that, I wouldn't have any server to play in, but I can play in SPLURT, Skyrat, all the Fallout servers, Vorestation, Chompers, Gurgs, Paradise, Colonial Marines, Sojourn... Servers that are both in the HUB and out of it.
There's literally no reason not to say; ''Hey, he's been an extreme shithead in the past, yes, but I think more than enough time has passed to give him a shot, whats the worst that could happen?''
You tell me, what's the worst that could happen? I show that I haven't changed and break the rules, start some drama or do something very stupid and I get banned again?

I can't stress this enough, if after three years that I've been banned, the only server I remain banned from is this one, should say something.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

So, before anything else, I do want to say I'm writing this on my phone. There may be grammatical errors or typos.

I do have to wonder why you want to be unbanned. I understand citing the time of your ban, and the claim that you've exhibited a change in behavior on other servers (several of which are places that are more of an indictment than anything). However, what's the actual motivation? If you're unbanned on so many other servers, what drives you to appeal this ban so frequently?

Whether it's just the desire to clear your slate, or a desire to return to the server doesn't change my opinion on the matter, I suppose. There are certain patterns of established behavior that justify permanent bans with prejudice, in my book. In my tenure there have been a very few players that accumulated such ill will from the Administration and larger community, that I believed their reintroduction to the community would be to its detriment. This particular ban is one of those cases.

After the discussion in the last appeal, and the apparent trajectory of this one, I'm going to say my opinion hasn't changed. I'm giving this appeal a -1. I won't flat out deny it, on the extremely off chance there's dissension in the Administration that hasn't been voiced yet.

As it stands though, it's a no from me. And it's unlikely to become a yes at any point going forward.

JGlitch404

Post by JGlitch404 »

Captain277 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:02 pm
So, before anything else, I do want to say I'm writing this on my phone. There may be grammatical errors or typos.

I do have to wonder why you want to be unbanned. I understand citing the time of your ban, and the claim that you've exhibited a change in behavior on other servers (several of which are places that are more of an indictment than anything). However, what's the actual motivation? If you're unbanned on so many other servers, what drives you to appeal this ban so frequently?

Whether it's just the desire to clear your slate, or a desire to return to the server doesn't change my opinion on the matter, I suppose. There are certain patterns of established behavior that justify permanent bans with prejudice, in my book. In my tenure there have been a very few players that accumulated such ill will from the Administration and larger community, that I believed their reintroduction to the community would be to its detriment. This particular ban is one of those cases.

After the discussion in the last appeal, and the apparent trajectory of this one, I'm going to say my opinion hasn't changed. I'm giving this appeal a -1. I won't flat out deny it, on the extremely off chance there's dissension in the Administration that hasn't been voiced yet.

As it stands though, it's a no from me. And it's unlikely to become a yes at any point going forward.
After thinking about it for a bit, I thought I'd do something more productive other than to remind how long have I been banned and say that I've been a good boy. So i've asked Joan Risu, Head Administrator from Vorestation if I deserved a vouch, this is what they had to say;

I had a similar situation with Vorestation where they wouldnt accept my ban appeal after several attempts to return, well they did, and I have NOT caused any trouble, this proves that my behaviour has changed, I dont know what else to say, I could try to ask for more vouches if you want, but I think that Joan's word should be more than enough.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

I do want to mention that you keep bringing up the incident that led to your permaban as if that was the incident that caused it. It was the pattern of behavior that caused it. The fact that the final incident was in itself permabannable on its own is just prejudicial for your appeal, and not really the primary consideration, at least as far as I know.

JGlitch404

Post by JGlitch404 »

Putnam wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:21 pm
I do want to mention that you keep bringing up the incident that led to your permaban as if that was the incident that caused it. It was the pattern of behavior that caused it. The fact that the final incident was in itself permabannable on its own is just prejudicial for your appeal, and not really the primary consideration, at least as far as I know.
Well, as Joan says in the vouch, that pattern of behavior isn't present no more. Vorestation gave me a chance and I've been there since 2021 until today and I haven't caused significant trouble.
So why wont Citadel do it too? It's the only server I'm still banned from, I can guarantee that if I'm unbanned, I'd like to keep it that way forever.
Not acting like a cunt isn't a massive undertaking for me, as I said all I wanna do is hop in occassionally to play with my friends, meet new ones, chill and have fun!

Blubelle

Post by Blubelle »

All your arguments in this ban appeal up to this point have been "This server is okay with me, why isn't Citadel?" and yet I imagine they have no idea what caused your (re)ban in Citadel.

Lets talk about the one time your friends have been taunting the victim of the incident way back in 2021 to begin with with cuck/rape "jokes".

If you actually cared at all about your ban, you would have told your clique to shut up to begin with in that incident.

JGlitch404

Post by JGlitch404 »

Blubelle wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:55 am
All your arguments in this ban appeal up to this point have been "This server is okay with me, why isn't Citadel?" and yet I imagine they have no idea what caused your (re)ban in Citadel.

Lets talk about the one time your friends have been taunting the victim of the incident way back in 2021 to begin with with cuck/rape "jokes".

If you actually cared at all about your ban, you would have told your clique to shut up to begin with in that incident.
So you're going to hold me accountable for actions I had no control of done to people in a server I wasnt even a member of? Really?
I don't have a clique, the reason why people knew of the incident was because after resolving the incident in-game amicably, Psody HEAVILY protested about me not being permanently banned from the community in general chat, while Lollipop considered the issue solved, he even changed his name to ''Apparently Non-Con ERP Only Gives You A Warn'' or something like that if I recall correctly, so OF COURSE some troll would go and try to make fun of him, dude.
And again, this are not only NOT MY ACTIONS but they happened, and I'm sorry for repeating myself, T H R E E Y E A R S A G O.
I'm not banned from any other server, I haven't been causing major issues, and the server that had a similar situation with me, not only gave me a chance but is VOUCHING for me, reassuring that I have in fact changed as a person, and as you can also see in the vouch, my friends haven't caused trouble either. What else do you want from me man??
Plus, you're ASSUMING that they have no idea what caused my ban in Citadel? You think I would be so stupid as not to provide the ban reason? I not only provided the reason, I gave them the link for this ban appeal, which their contents are the three previous appeals on the forum.

I apologize if I seem upset on the reply, but that's because I am, I'm frustrated man, what happened three years ago should be water under the bridge at this point, the people I did it to not only forgot about it, but had forgiven me, and had vouched for my unban in the previous appeals.
I've been working very hard these years to be unbanned from every server I've been banned from, and to STAY unbanned, I've had my ups and downs I don't claim to have been ''the perfect player'', but the results speak for themselves, I'm unbanned from every other server, Citadel is the only one where I remain banned, it would be the final step to end the chapter of being ''that guy that is banned from every SS13 server''.

For the love of god, please, what else do you want from me?

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

JGlitch404 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:41 am
I apologize if I seem upset on the reply, but that's because I am, I'm frustrated man, what happened three years ago should be water under the bridge at this point, the people I did it to not only forgot about it, but had forgiven me, and had vouched for my unban in the previous appeals.
I've been working very hard these years to be unbanned from every server I've been banned from, and to STAY unbanned, I've had my ups and downs I don't claim to have been ''the perfect player'', but the results speak for themselves, I'm unbanned from every other server, Citadel is the only one where I remain banned, it would be the final step to end the chapter of being ''that guy that is banned from every SS13 server''.

For the love of god, please, what else do you want from me?
A permaban is usually a decent way to nudge folks in the right direction, make them think about what they did wrong and such. It's also a good way of simply keeping out the ones who've done things that definitely qualify for the "perma" part.
You're the latter.

As mentioned before, the incident that got you banned would've earned you a perma despite all of the drama you'd caused before it. That you had such a sordid history with us only reinforces the fact that it's meant to stick, despite any developments you might've made across time. I don't care where else you've been playing, how many vouches you got, or how long it's been. It's a permanent ban. We simply do not want anything from, or to do, with you. That's it.