Contesting a ticket from Talking Cactus

ITR

Contesting a ticket from Talking Cactus

Post by ITR »

Alright, so I come back after some time away and having angered nobody to the best of my knowledge, nor stepped out of line in any way. I take my QM role and since there's not much of anything going on, I order a few crates in and get generally set up, as I've done hundreds of times before.

I order in some engineering gear, a first aid box and some pizzas, and generally sit around and wait for something to happen. Viro needed a Virus crate opened as well, so I took an Emitter from Engineering and set it up in my office, though I'd like the jury to note that, after they made their breakthrough and no longer needed it,  it was never fired.

I'd mentioned MULES running people over to a miner earlier in the shift and ahelped about whether it was acceptable to hack them to disable the safeties without being an antagonist. Since I'd been having an earlier, jocular conversation with TK I'd been expecting him to reply, so decided to have a bit of a laugh. The transcript of what happened next is as follows:

PM to-Admins: How many banhammers do I get if I hack the MULES to run people over while not an antag, and can I argue that I'm not sure what they expected to happen when they stood in front of a large robotic truck that was moving at the time?

Admin PM from-TalkingCactus: Probably about the same amount as you stealing an emitter to break open crates and ordering everything under the seven seas to powergame.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

(At this point, I can't believe he's serious, since this isn't something that's been an issue before and he's well-known for strongly disliking me.)
PM to-Admins: Ah, so, none. Good to know. Serious answer, I had reason to order that since Viro needed a box opening and didn't have a CMO.

Admin PM from-TalkingCactus: Incorrect, that's one ticket for powergaming.

PM to-Admins: Well, I'm gonna contest that very strongly. To whom do I speak to do so?

Admin PM from-TalkingCactus: If an admin thought this was unjustified they would message me or you right about now.

PM to-Admins: M'kay. I'm still going to get this formally reviewed though.

Admin PM from-TalkingCactus: Okay

...Really? I mean, really?

VidarBaldr/TalkingCactus and I are already on record as not getting along, that's not big news, but having him jump on me for something that's never been an issue before, admitting that there's no-one there to stop him doing it because "Oh well they'd say something if they cared" and only deciding to start dropping tickets after I blow him off is just low.

If ordering some non-contraband bits of equipment to keep handy during a quiet shift with nothing else going on is a ticketable offence, I'd like that to be clarified.

I'd also very much like it to be clarified if it's okay for a lone admin with nobody else watching over them at the time to drop a ticket on someone they're known to have a history with, without running it past anyone else because "Oh well if they cared they'd stop me" while knowing full well that they're unresponsive at the time, and to only do so as a thinly-veiled "NO U" in response to someone being sarcastic towards them. I'd also quite like the ticket removed, since I probably have enough left over from things I actually did.

A final note, from the Skype chat:

[20:48:12] TalkingCactus: Admin abuse claims can be made here: http://citadelstation.byondpanel.com/fo ... php?fid=14

[20:49:03] TalkingCactus: You can put it right next to the other buttmad complaints about me.

You're a real classy gent, Cactus, or whatever you call yourself. Nobody gets to discuss your actions, they're just all angry people who don't get how cool you are.

Edits for typos, grammar, rephrasing, all the usual.
Last edited by ITR on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leon_Leonardo

RE: Contesting a ticket from Talking Cactus

Post by Leon_Leonardo »

You don't get along with a majority of the admin staff, so saying that you specifically should not get ticketed by one of them you don't like is hogwash.

Also, to quote the rules,
Don't powergame. Do not upgrade your access, steal things you don't need, or break into areas that you don't belong in for little or no reason. Dire need is the exception, not the norm; life and death situations, or times when station security are at stake, are the only acceptable times to powergame. Acting captains (heads of staff who have taken the role of captain in the absence of an actual captain) are also exempt from this rule to a point; you don't need every piece of head equipment on your person.
The ticket stays.

ITR

Post by ITR »

Leon_Leonardo wrote: You don't get along with a majority of the admin staff, so saying that you specifically should not get ticketed by one of them you don't like is hogwash.

Also, to quote the rules,
Don't powergame. Do not upgrade your access, steal things you don't need, or break into areas that you don't belong in for little or no reason. Dire need is the exception, not the norm; life and death situations, or times when station security are at stake, are the only acceptable times to powergame. Acting captains (heads of staff who have taken the role of captain in the absence of an actual captain) are also exempt from this rule to a point; you don't need every piece of head equipment on your person.
The ticket stays.
Thankfully, neither of those are anything even close to what I said. I objected to one person doing it without oversight from anyone else and only doing so after someone was sarcastic to him instead of actually discovering any wrongdoing.

I also didn't upgrade any access, steal anything or break in anywhere, but, you seem to have made your mind up already.

ThingPony

Post by ThingPony »

I also didn't upgrade any access, steal anything or break in anywhere

False. Cactus, Tk420634 and I all watched you break into the secure storage in engineering and still things from it.

ITR

Post by ITR »

ThingPony wrote: I also didn't upgrade any access, steal anything or break in anywhere

False. Cactus, Tk420634 and I all watched you break into the secure storage in engineering and still things from it.
I'd forgotten about that. That wasn't theft for my own gain though, that was to open a box for virology when there was no CMO around, I didn't just do it on my own initiative for guns.

It also doesn't address my first point and central point, but then, seems nobody has an ear for it anyway.

Leon_Leonardo

Post by Leon_Leonardo »

Moving this to the denied form because it's pointless.