ban appeal noobpwnt4lif3

noobpwnt4lif3

ban appeal noobpwnt4lif3

Post by noobpwnt4lif3 »

BYOND Name: Noobpwnt4lif3

Reason Banned: Raiding armory for little to no reason, repeat offense

Admin who banned you: talkingcactus

Length Banned: 12 hours

Appeal Reason: I raided armory to grab weapons to defend myself against threats on the station that have attacked previously, and possibly the person who created a warmech. I have a myriad of chat screenshots proving my stance, and i find it ridiculous that an admin just instantly jailed and banned me when he is ingame and can see the state of the station himself. This is the second time I have been punished because of an admins lack of understanding of the situation, because earlier today i was ticketed for raiding armory with 3 other people when traitors were again running loose and attacking people. I should not have to remind any admins of this snippet from roleplay rule 9, but apparently I do for some. Dire need is the exception, not the norm; life and death situations, or times when station security are at stake, are the only acceptable times to powergame. if i should be punished, punish me IC, do not ban me for breaking rules I havent broken.
please reply if you would like to see the screenshots.
i am upset because i was playing with a friend on the server and now i can not play with them atleast until someone wakes up and checks forums
quickly reading posts on this forum i have seen a lot of hate for so called abusive admins such as thingpony (who,coincidentally, gave me my first offense on this server with no warning but a ticket for "powergaming") and talkingcactus. i have not seen any real abuse, i feel admins like thingpony and talkingcactus are trying to uphold the rules of the server, but are going about it the wrong way. they are not abusive on purpose, they just dont understand that what they are doing is the wrong way to go about things as a mod/admin.
Last edited by noobpwnt4lif3 on Thu May 05, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TalkingCactus

RE: ban appeal noobpwnt4lif3

Post by TalkingCactus »

First of all, if you have any suspicions that you are being attacked, griefed, etc. by a non-antagonist then the first thing you should do is press F1 and send an ahelp right away. Secondly, you had been sitting in the HoS's office for half an hour before finally deciding to raid the armory. I'm not sure what you saw on the cameras to make you think that was the right decision, but you probably should have told me in your defense in the PMs.

The threats on station that round consisted of a handful of griefers which were handled long before this incident, as well as an AI which had its laws purged for maybe thirty minutes. There was a combat mech built later in the round, but I don't recall it ever being hostile towards the crew. And even if it was, the game-type being extended, there were no antagonists that round so it should have been A-helped as soon as you witnessed it.

Appeal denied for now.

noobpwnt4lif3

Post by noobpwnt4lif3 »

funny how you deny appeal on a person you banned. i didn't post this for you buddy, i posted this for others to see. since you are here spreading misinformation i will post the screens of radio and chat. my idea of u as just making mistakes instead of abusing is slowly fading.
http://imgur.com/a/sjFTA
griefers or otherwise there were very real threats at the time, including people setting others on fire and the plasma thing, which is why i raided armory. u did not deal with them fast enough, and you can see by screenshots that i was already breaking into armory when the "greifers" were reaking havoc. you are either genuinely confused about the situation or you banned me out of malicious intent, and i hope it is the former. i am sorry if i seem rude or quick to call abuse but i have had bad experiences with other admins on this server, and heard very bad things about you and other admins.
Last edited by noobpwnt4lif3 on Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

FeninJ

Post by FeninJ »

Appeal denied. Like TalkingCactus said, there is no reason to raid the armory for that reason alone. If there were xenos, or nukeops perhaps then yes. Otherwise you need to F1 it to see if we need to handle it.

noobpwnt4lif3

Post by noobpwnt4lif3 »

ah, i understand. i will break rp and f1 everytime there is a traitor round, to see if u admins can help. :)
very good thing you keep the rules vague, so you can ban people you dont like while letting others go for the same thing, and make rules up as u go :)
Last edited by noobpwnt4lif3 on Fri May 06, 2016 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.