Citadel Station 13 - Server Merge Suggestions

Jay

Citadel Station 13 - Server Merge Suggestions

Post by Jay »

As of now there are two servers under the Citadel name. One is hidden and the other is the main which is on the hub.

The current issue is they are split, which has the population in two, bleeding both out over time. Most recently left for the hidden server due to trolls and murderboners on the main. The issue was always people doing just enough to stay under the ban line to prevent any admin action to take place.

This will be dealt with. The system will be redesigned to keep a focus on both gameplay and RP without overstretching too much of either. This can only be described as Medium RP. By this I mean not everything has to be roleplayed out, but treating it like your everyday shooter is not the way to go and you will be punished for doing so.

But for this thread, I need opinions and suggestions. I aim to merge the populations back as stated, while keeping trolls and "memers" out to encourage a more enjoyable environment for the community.

DeepIndigo

RE: Citadel Station 13 - Server Merge Suggestions

Post by DeepIndigo »

I like the extended server a lot and would rather not see it merged, personally. It's actually lead to a lot of interesting ic conversations about how it's "different from the main facility" and such, plus, I've had an absolute blast RPing there without suddenly having to drop everything and arrest shitters/memes/Klara. Thingpony and Tk also run admin events that are rad as all get out, where everyone who wants to be is involved. It's all around a better, more enjoyable place to be, for me at least. At the same time, I know some people prefer more conventional ss13, and that's fine. But my self, I enjoy the fact that the extended server has some stuff that happens, and some "shifts" are mellow, and everyone has their coffee break and gets work done. Maybe the crew even dedicates them selves to a project like a new section of the station, or expanding into the asteroid debris field around it with little rooms connected by bridges.

I really don't think shutting down the extended server is going to make people go back to the main. You might get two or three coming back but the majority will probably just leave all together. I mean, for crud's sake, two of your admins don't even want to be around the main server, by all appearances.
Last edited by DeepIndigo on Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Weylin

Post by Weylin »

Public gate that teleports people to something like a vacation spot where random events don't happen?

Amiga

Post by Amiga »

I mean the people who call themselves memers unironically should be shot anyway so. I mean, when I refer to memes, I refer to really obscure refrences that no one would really pick up on unless they understood said refrence, or stupid gimmicks. As long as I can keep my stupid gimmicks on both sides I'm happy because people like rodocks are fucking cancer tumors jesus fucking christ

eeveerocks1000

Post by eeveerocks1000 »

i for one, don't like playing secret rounds.. so the ERP server is rather nice to have for people like me, i do play on the main one still, just not on secret rounds

DeepIndigo

Post by DeepIndigo »

When I say "memes" I mean people who do things like constantly paste silly AI law lists into common despite not being an AI or borg, or people who griff sec/command for no reason and then every thing they say is something inane designed to piss the people talking to them off, or people who slip others but then put them into crit for slipping them back. You know who you are, memes.

Amiga

Post by Amiga »

Yeah but you're duke "Steal the entire armory because metagrudge" so y'know. Also how do you griff a command channel. Also what kind of insult is "memes" but okay i'm getting sidetracked. As long as I have my gimmicks I'm happy.

Thranos

Post by Thranos »

Merge.
Purge the shitters who keep screaming memes and shit like ;g ABSORBING AI IN MAINT or LAW 0 STATION OVERRUN.
Purge the shitters who take job slots just to validhunt.
Discourage the HALF ANGEL HALF DEMON HALF SUPER SAIYAN WITH A TRAGIC PAST WHO HAS ONE RED WING AND ONE- shittery.
Enforce the server rule about "do your job if you're not an assistant" more.
Crack down on players who ignore vital but non-head jobs (AI, Borg, only Sci/Med) to go typefuck all round.

Basically it's time to prune the playerbase.

Antags or Clowns doing gimmicks seems fine, mind. Nothing wrong with seeing a tater go full DOOMGUY with a chainsaw, or a Clown sneaking around in a cardboard box and shooting people with a foam pistol while yelling relevant Metal Gear quotes.
Last edited by Thranos on Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amiga

Post by Amiga »

Amen to that

Krypton Osmium

Post by Krypton Osmium »

Thranos wrote: Merge.
Purge the shitters who keep screaming memes and shit like ;g ABSORBING AI IN MAINT or LAW 0 STATION OVERRUN.
Purge the shitters who take job slots just to validhunt.
Discourage the HALF ANGEL HALF DEMON HALF SUPER SAIYAN WITH A TRAGIC PAST WHO HAS ONE RED WING AND ONE- shittery.
Enforce the server rule about "do your job if you're not an assistant" more.
Crack down on players who ignore vital but non-head jobs (AI, Borg, only Sci/Med) to go typefuck all round.

Basically it's time to prune the playerbase.

Antags or Clowns doing gimmicks seems fine, mind. Nothing wrong with seeing a tater go full DOOMGUY with a chainsaw, or a Clown sneaking around in a cardboard box and shooting people with a foam pistol while yelling relevant Metal Gear quotes.

I'm all for this idea. If we can get rid of the validhunters and memeshits, then I will totally start playing on the main again. It's one of the main reasons i've been avoiding it too, along with nobody even attempting to RP most of the time.
Last edited by Krypton Osmium on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.