[Important Community Decision] - Port Change

What should we do?

Total votes: 0

Jay

[Important Community Decision] - Port Change

Post by Jay »

So, I've been getting mixed feelings about 6th being pushed early for it to be tested by the majority. So, in order to resolve this conflict, I'm going to put a 2-choice vote up here. Those who want to keep Port 6 and move forward from there, choose that. Those who want to roll back to 5th, feel free to choose that.

At the end of the poll, I'll make an official announcement in the discord chat.

kfive

RE: [Important Community Decision] - Port Change

Post by kfive »

Yes, fewer features. I understand we'll be short on somethings.

But for heaven's sake, get the code done first and then update. If we lose the things that are supposed to be our main attraction, what have we become but traitors to our own interests.

So, yeah. Rollback time, until we can get races, vore and all those other features done - whether or not I use them myself. Recoding vore to use the new grab system is also a priority, instead of stealing another system from somewhere else and losing ours.

-k5

Edit: before somebody comes in whining that it's impossible to do it, keep in mind that to put somebody on a surgery table in the new system you need to double grab then click the table. Substitute self to swallow them. I'm thinking maybe while grabbing them switch to disarm intent to stuff yourself into them instead.
Last edited by kfive on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

If we lose the things that are supposed to be our main attraction, what have we become but traitors to our own interests.
I agree, although it depends on what our goals *are*. If we want to be baby /tg/, then yeah, the sixth port is great. Otherwise, I'm not such a big fan.

I'm not seriously advocating that we should actually roll back, but I'm voting for the 5th port as an objection to the whole "deal without defining features for weeks, they'll show up eventually". If I wanted to play /tg/ I'd play on /tg/, there are probably other long time players that feel similarly, and if the audience you're looking to pull is action-oriented hub players you'll probably end up disappointed.
ex-headmin

Turreus

Post by Turreus »

lm40 wrote:
If we lose the things that are supposed to be our main attraction, what have we become but traitors to our own interests.
I agree, although it depends on what our goals *are*. If we want to be baby /tg/, then yeah, the sixth port is great. Otherwise, I'm not such a big fan.

I'm not seriously advocating that we should actually roll back, but I'm voting for the 5th port as an objection to the whole "deal without defining features for weeks, they'll show up eventually". If I wanted to play /tg/ I'd play on /tg/, there are probably other long time players that feel similarly, and if the audience you're looking to pull is action-oriented hub players you'll probably end up disappointed.
Fair enough, while i'm not too fond of the idea of reverting, I can sympathize with those who miss the features that were suddenly left behind. That being said, I was under the impression that a lot of the stuff we had left behind was on the verge of coming back in a matter of days, was i mistaken?

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

The vore system roundabout patch seems to have just been figured out in coding for the sixth port, seeing as /TG/ had switched to the pull/grab system depending upon intentions and targeted mobs/objs.

That being said development is still continuing and can be seen/ added to over at the github for Citadel.

Here is the URL for easy access: https://github.com/Citadel-Station-13

LetySox

Important Community Decision Port Change

Post by LetySox »

It here if I am not mistaken.