Citadel Station 13 Map Vote

Which of these maps would you most prefer?

Total votes: 0

Jay

Post by Jay »

To change things up a bit I want as many people to vote for the map change to be used for an undefined amount of time. All maps excluding the currently used map will be listed in the poll.

Slayerhero90

RE: Citadel Station 13 Map Vote

Post by Slayerhero90 »

I'd vote if I knew which maps were which.

Exxy Izzy

Post by Exxy Izzy »

Most if not all can be found under this link (not sure how out-dated they could be or if Citadel chooses to use the current-most version although they should give you a rough idea): https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Locations

Slovakiani

Post by Slovakiani »

Disc Station looks like a lot of fun for engineers.

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy »

I'd say Bird Station or Disc Station.

shoopymon

Post by shoopymon »

I'm gonna run by the top 2 current leading selections for the new map (that aren't box). Short review and my 2 cents. (more of an engineering perspective)

Disc Station
I would say yes to Disc Station if it starts getting updated again, but it hasn't been updated for 4 months now... Still quite a few issues with the map like main hallway being big/open with few airlocks, making the whole artery hazardous in the event of a single breach. (which is easy with windows to space in the middle of the entire hallway)
Pros: [Spacious hallways] [nice positoning/easy access of/to solars] [Security and Medbay adjacent to departures]
Cons: [4 entries into Atmospherics] [Transport tube system is really very grief-able and not terribly practical for most] ["Some assembly required" for singulo emitters/shields might cause newbie engineers to unintentionally release singulo]

Asteroid Station
The longer I looked at this map the more I liked it. reviews of it are terrible but I don't see why. Figure a trial of this map might make that clear. Engineering on this station looks like pure bliss.
Pros: [Amazingly effective transport tube system in CMH] [Solars protected from space carp] [Atmospherics is VERY well organized]
Cons: ["Some assembly required" singulo shields and emitters] [Central singulo means instant destruction for everything if it's released] [Chem dispenser in med-bay/chems is not public access, competent players can't self medicate]

TL;DR: If I had to choose between the two, I pick Asteroid with some small modifications to the map (chems dispenser!) I can nitpick things I don't like all day but in the end every map is imperfect
If possible, a rotation between box and asteroid would be fabulous (perhaps a player vote after each round). Though if we're talking a single permanent map I'm thinking Asteroid.
(have voted asteroid)

~Shoopymon
(Annoying meowcat)
Last edited by shoopymon on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

benniefauri

Post by benniefauri »

Can you please post a list of the rotation on the public servers. It would be nice to know the rotation that way if people want to skip a map they could select the next one in rotation.

Better yet, how about you put a vote option to just skip the map and move to next in rotation?

Ideas, thoughts?

Thanks,

Orange Horn

Re: Citadel Station 13 Map Vote

Post by Orange Horn »

Asteroid is a map I never heard of before, so it will get my vote.