An Appeal to new Borg Laws

Burger

An Appeal to new Borg Laws

Post by Burger »

Hello. I've been spoiled by other servers with laws that are the following:

Code: Select all

1. Safeguard: Protect your assigned space station from damage to the best of your abilities.
2. Serve: Serve NanoTrasen personnel to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
3. Protect: Protect NanoTrasen personnel to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
4. Preserve: Do not allow unauthorized personnel to tamper with your equipment.
The current laws are this:

Code: Select all

1: You may not injure a crew member or, through inaction, allow a crew member to come to harm.
2: You must obey orders given to you by crew members, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3: You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
And given how I've only played on this server for like a month (recently) and don't really understand how it works fully, it might be inappropriate to suggest a sweeping change to default borg laws, but I think that a lawset that removes loopholes would be better for everyone. I used to play on here before but lost interest, ironically I was the one made the crewsimov lawset for the server by just doing a simple tweak, but still I'm quite new.

I think it would be nice to have the option for a lawset that includes priority to rank and role. I mean sure I could play 4D chess and tell the AI to law 2, take all orders according to rank and role, but they'd probably forget that or someone might find a loophole.

Idk, maybe the fun of playing borg is the loophole and finding ways around it. Just recently I've seen so many shitter borgs that don't break any specific rules on the server since they're following their laws, but do more damage than any assistant on the station could do because of it. A lot of them tend to have stupid personality quirks too that are more annoying than a head who always uses high volume mode to talk about how many dicks they've sucked recently.

kevinz000

Re: An Appeal to new Borg Laws

Post by kevinz000 »

NT default is too validhunty for my tastes for a MRP server, and frankly I think silicons should have human harm as their first and foremost in most situations.