Admin and player abuse

NobodyImportant

Admin and player abuse

Post by NobodyImportant »

I really did not want to write this thread and I tried everything to resolve this with the people involved personally, but I was met with hostility and ridicule.

Just please please try to actually view this from my point of view. Actually imagine all this happening to you.

I don't really know what I expect from this thread as all admins, seem absolutely convinced of the idea that I am to be hated, because I'm an awful person. No matter what I do, or how I try to get on their good side, whenever something happens and I'm involved, the first assumption is invariably that I'm trying to break the rules, or that I am trying to deliberately upset people. The question is never whether I did something wrong, or whether I'm doing something on purpose, whether a player ahelp about me is well founded, it's always immediately assumed that i'm a shitter.
And this despite my best intentions to never do anything I know was wrong or upsetting to anyone, and my best efforts to understand and comply by the rules.
This has happened on other servers before, and now it's happened here too, and I have no idea what I could possibly do against it. I seriously came here with the hopes that I could end up on the admin team eventually, because everyone seemed like nice people.

Instead I got accidentally permabanned for two days on my second day by an overzealous jumpy foxsequence upset at me for trying to discuss a complaint, told off by theoun for trying to understand how something a different admin allowed could be bad, IC admin-abused by theoun for not complying with a demand they only ever made In Character, then muted from everywhere when I tried to discuss something in admin PMs that I thought could be discussed there, warned and threatened with a ban when I used OOC in IC to get someone to ask the admins to unmute me at least from LOOC, and repeatedly insulted by Subtumanka every time I mentioned that I felt unfairly treated.

The situation this time was that I played a character I made specifically to never have any hostile interactions with anyone. Yes this is possible. Yes on this server. Yes someone already did this and told me which is how I got the idea.
Botany made bluespace tomatoes and people had fun throwing them around and teleporting themselves and others across the room. I was hit a couple of times too, and it was all just fun. Not even a prank, more like a waterballoon fight.
I ended up throwing one of these at Cafaling's character, Cheri Rifler. Throwing it at her was not well thought out, but it did not even move her one tile, since it was the tiniest bluespace tomato.
I did not run away because I wanted to apologize immediately after I realized who I was dealing with. She immediately used the most exploitative game-mechanic on me, and slipped and neck-grabbed me, giving me no chance to escape. They proceeded to haul my character off straight to the nearest toilet without ever caring about my character saying that he didn't mean to, and that he was sorry or his begging.
I even brought up the issue in LOOC - the response was ridicule.
Even moreso SilencedMP5A5 appeared out of nowhere and ALSO told me off in LOOC saying "i just got roasted".
To me the whole situation was absolutely horrible, because she did everything way too fast for anyone to react to it properly and she did not care at all about the reactions I DID have. I also think that it's not "just harmless fun" that my character is dunked headfirst into a dirty toilet until he is at half health and blacking out. I would prefer vore to that at any time. Since I was being ridiculed in LOOC by the other player, I ahelped the issue which I felt was griefing.
Since neither of us were antags and I had done nothing to provoke such a response and still apologized even for that:
-Cafaling was breaking point 8. of the guidelines by using a mechanic which the opponent has no way to counter, contrary to IC logic, and that as a non-antag.
-More importantly they were breaking point 1. of the Guidelines section of the rules here. They were being mean OOC, while IC their character was ruining the effort I put into that character not being hostile with anyone.
-They were also breaking point 3. of that same section by not allowing me any way to roleplay either with actions, or emotes, or words, and forcing a situation only they wanted. Their response to me complaining about this was "Too bad".
-They also told me that I was "being punished for breaking into the captain's office every round" with a different character. Which I'm pretty sure constitutes metagriefing.

-In response to the ahelp, I got called a dimwit by FoxSequence.
-Later I just got told to deal with it.
-When I asked in OOC whether I should even play here with my experiences thus far, some people were being helpful until the admins interjected again, saying that I shouldn't play here if I can't take IC things IC-ly when I said, that for me swirlies were worse than being unconsentually vored - which is banned here.
-Cafaling said there was a difference between being swirlied and being unconsensually ERPd. To me that difference is that I'd prefer the latter over the former in most iterations.
-Some others told me to chill out, because "it's just a game".
-Subtumanka made some comments about me being salty.
-Then Shekels and Cafaling agreed that they should just mute me from OOC, before OOC was turned off entirely.
-The rest was just more or less hurtful remarks from the admins to everything I said, before Subtumanka, FoxSequence, and ThingPony all collectively told me to drop it, and refused to discuss things any further.

Cafaling is beyond reproach even when deliberately fucking with someone because they're an admin favorite. I meanwhile am being watched for any slip-ups, despite never knowingly having done anything against the rules or the will of the admins.

I do not know what to do. I don't know if I'm worsening my status with the admins with this post. I hope not.
Don't take this the wrong way. This is not primarily intended to get people warned or banned, or something. I don't want to cause anyone any trouble with this. I just want you to understand where I'm coming from and why this treatment here gets to me.
Last edited by NobodyImportant on Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Casany

RE: Admin and player abuse

Post by Casany »

Hey, what you have to remember is to realize that when people make hurtful responses, or make fun of you, or even HURT you, its usually to cover up a mess up. I think the admins did something wrong, realized their mistake, and tried to cover for it by doing this so you would drop it. I think the admins should learn to swallow their pride and realize that they aren't always right. No one is always right. anyway, see ya around.

Leon_Leonardo

RE: Admin and player abuse

Post by Leon_Leonardo »

This person was permabanned for being a toxic prick, sooo.