Preventing Maxcaps on the Shuttle

Burger

Preventing Maxcaps on the Shuttle

Post by Burger »

I don't mind when I die, and I especially don't mind when I die because of powers out of my hands, but I'm noticing a trend when playing, and that is traitors maxcapping the shuttle 4no raisin.

It happens quite rarely, but when it happens eyes are usually rolled, especially at the end of round report when it shows that absolutely no one greentexted or really had a reason to maxcap the shuttle in the firstplace. I think it's a bit of a gameplay flaw is the fact that it is so easy to just maxcap the shuttle as there are no bagchecks to check for the bombs, it's easy to make a bomb since it's the station's job, the Captain forgets to buy a bigger shuttle, and the bomb itself can be triggered instantly, as opposed to a proper syndicate bomb.

So yeah bombs are pretty powerful. They're pretty easy to obtain since scientists leave their spare tritium laying about usually, and no one really hangs out near toxins so it's easy to just break in and make your own bomb. This post isn't really a cry to nerf tritium bombs, because that would be dumb, but perhaps maybe some changes on the rule end of things or add better tools/objects that help security sniff out tritium bombs.

I mention adding rules because I think that it ruins rounds usually. I mean sure, other traitors can take a pod, but there is really nothing stopping a situation where an antag greentexts and survives on the shuttle, but ends up dead because a person who couldn't even complete a steal objective from maxcapping the shuttle with a stolen tritium bomb.

So yeah I just want some general discussion on this to see what people think about them. I might code in a device that sniffs tritium bombs from a distance of up to 32 titles, and gives a vague direction to where they are. It wouldn't work on simple plasma/oxygen bombs as tritium doesn't exist in those.

kevinz000

Re: Preventing Maxcaps on the Shuttle

Post by kevinz000 »

maxcapping the shuttle without a reason objective-wise is considered unacceptable murderboning.

Burger

Post by Burger »

kevinz000 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:13 am
maxcapping the shuttle without a reason objective-wise is considered unacceptable murderboning.
What is considered an acceptable objective to do this? Dying a glorious death seems obvious but like any traitor could go "I have a kill objective so I tried to kill them."

b1gb3ast

Post by b1gb3ast »

Burger wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:32 pm
kevinz000 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:13 am
What is considered an acceptable objective to do this? Dying a glorious death seems obvious but like any traitor could go "I have a kill objective so I tried to kill them."
I feel like it is so blatantly obvious and not even worth mentioning that the only case in which a traitor failbombs the shuttle without getting banned is hijack or, as you said, glorious death.