Something that I want both users and staff's opinion on.

Sugar Cuddles

Something that I want both users and staff's opinion on.

Post by Sugar Cuddles »

Sad to sign up just to make a complaint, but it's necessary. As everyone should know, rule number 1 is to not be a dick. What this means is that you shouldn't be rude, bully, bash, or ruin things for others (Other things too, but let's focus). 

Yesterday, I had a great round. Made me consider signing up on this forum for the first time in years. Things seemed pleasant. This morning however... I can only remember one of the people's name and one of the staff that were there, and since I didn't catch any logs before I just went on with the round, I will not mention their name here.

But good GOD. Can I expect staff to enforce that rule? P-please? Because goodness, I can't understand why anyone would let such a hateful, bashy, superiority complex driven, talk go on like that without any admin interruption.  

Let me try and wrap up what happened. The round turned to Extended. Immediately  someone starts talking about how it's cancer, stupid, and worthless. I say "Aw, I like Extended" and they of course start bashing me for it. Saying I'm a moron for doing so. I tell them that preferences are a thing, but all it resulted in was more crud.

The admin's only action from what I could tell was to turn off OOC. Their only issue from what I could tell was that the chat got a bit out of hand (Which is understandable, but that's where said person should FIX the abuse rather than silence both parties). 

Am I to expect this sort of stuff to pass? It's enabling to ignore it and let it go unpunished like that. I ask both players and staff. Am I to assume that rule number one on this forum isn't enforced? 

Think the worst I did was call them a dick when they said my opinion was worthless cancer :S 

Again, won't name the two people I can remember in that conversation (Especially since there were more involved)  But my god. That gave me second thoughts. There are some seriously nice people here from what I can tell, and it'd make me sad if the place where I'd be able to get to know them would be so...without protection. 

I hope it was a fluke. Like a bad mood that prevented a staff member from taking any action. They are people too, might just have wanted to get on with it. But I'd like to know if I can count on staff helping out when someone becomes a explosive snobby prick.

Sugar Cuddles

RE: Something that I want both users and staff's opinion on.

Post by Sugar Cuddles »

Yeah, I have been on here for a bit and I'll say what I've noticed now. Uh, well, this thing never gets freaking looked at "If you see someone doing something that seems out of line adminhelp right then, do not wait until round end to see if they are a traitor then adminhelp next round. It makes it a lot harder to deal with."

All that happens is that I'm basically told to just get over it. This...is very unhelpful. I've heard the arguement that it's an action based server (going against what SS13 in it's entirety is and what this forum itself says it is (Moderate RP) but blek). But that's still no excuse let things slide like that. If you aren't gonna do your job, then you shouldn't have it :'c

I'm glad to hear that there's a new head of the place. But we gotta iron out those who just kinda shoo issues aside. It's happened so many times now it drives me nuts. Spend some time and read the rules again. Then tell me if you really think you are doing it right. Because from my perspective, it's not really looking like that in the more busy rounds that sometimes has the more trouble-making people in it (And sometimes regular rounds).

I know some are more staff for GM event stuffs. But please...don't be so shy of doing admin stuff. It hurts the station :c

Verkister

RE: Something that I want both users and staff's opinion on.

Post by Verkister »

Yeah, this should really be looked at a little bit deeper by the admins.
I'm just a mere moderator with relatively little active time on the server, but the amount of unprofessional admin behavior I've seen in the logs from as little time as I've been a mod here has been unacceptably high. Not saying any names, but the most recent one I had the privilege to witness was one admin in all sincerity asking for an explanation why another admin got all defensive in favor of a known griefy player not getting shit was just responded with "you mad lol" without any intent of an actual explanation.

Please, not like this.