Not necessarily admin abuse, but ignorance.

Finlandier

Not necessarily admin abuse, but ignorance.

Post by Finlandier »

Right, so. 1+ month ago I got a 2-month ban for accumulating tickets and suiciding as the captain on the escape shuttle. Alright.

I made an appeal, and the banning admin - Theoun - declared that it wasn't even an appeal and INSTANTLY denied it. ...Alright.

Now, 4-5 DAYS ago, I sent Theoun a message. Not because I'm salty about my ban, but because I have some VERY valid and fair points about how unfair/ignorant he was at the time. No response. ...Not alright.

Anyway. Here's the PM I sent.

I'm going to leave this short. Since you're not going to unban me for making an appeal, then unban me for the sake of your UNFAIR actions.

"Unfair? What? Pffft. Whaaat? Everything I did was fair, Fin!"

...Nnno.

I'm not even kidding this time.

If an appeal can't do it, do it because you didn't everything by the book. Actually, you don't even have to do everything by the book. But you still need to follow at least some rules.

First of all, you COMPLETELY ignored administration and punishment guidelines. Only thing you did properly was ban me because of the tickets.

If you still haven't figured out why, here, let me copypaste.

1. All players (excepting those requiring immediate action) must be first issued a warning for their behavior. Instruction and guidance towards proper server etiquette is needed here.

Yeah. You completely ignored this.

2. Second instance will result in a kick (if for the same issue) and/or a final warning. Judgment calls will be required, depending on the severity of the issue at hand, on whether to continue to step 3 or issue more warnings. (i.e., if a player is simply new and genuinely doesn't understand, or whether they are obviously trolling)

Yup. This, too. This isn't looking so good.

Skipping 3 because I'm an obvious non-griefer. Just a dumb player.

But 4. After this point, a player will be issued tickets for each instance of abuse.

/AFTER THIS POINT./ You completely 'fuck this' 'd the whole scenario and just proceeded to ban me, slamming tickets in my face without me knowing that I even did anything wrong.

That's all. You didn't follow the official goddamn guidelines what you initially (hopefully) agreed to follow.

Now. As much as I hate to say this; Either be fair and unban me because of the fact that you didn't properly follow the guidelines made for you. OR, if you somehow can, give me a proper explanation on WHY did you ignore all of this.

If your explanation is as much bullshit as your ban is, I'll take this to someone else.

You're a good guy, you really are. But things like this? Try to avoid them, please. This whole ban could've been avoided with a simple 'PM fin' "Hey, buddy. You're doing something wrong, please stop." Or just a warning.

Waiting for your answer, and I'm not going to wait for too long.

Thanks.

That's it. As you can see, without him explaining his actions this all seems like a case of serious admin abuse, or just an admin not following the rules they were supposed to follow at all.

This whole thing is pretty self-explanatory. So, what do I want to get from this thread? Replies from the admins, players, their opinions and such. You may count this as a ban appeal of some sort as well since it's already been a month of my ban, and this could be the reason/my appeal. If requested, I'll make a proper appeal in the forums.

Also, if this is valid and Theoun did fuck up big-time, what do I want to be done for him? Well, I certainly DON'T want him to be demoted. But, what I /really/ fucking want is that he reads the actual rules and follows them. And do something about stopping the huge flow of 'shitmin shitmin admin abuse' posts on the forums. Maybe a meeting. Maybe a more strict control of the admin team instead of just letting them do whatever they want, acting like rules don't apply to them. That's what most players get, and start de-faming the server.

Any questions or such, just ask and I'll reply.

Thanks.
Last edited by Finlandier on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Finlandier

RE: Not necessarily admin abuse, but ignorance.

Post by Finlandier »

Nobody seems to give a shit.

I'm not surprised.
Last edited by Finlandier on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Finlandier

Post by Finlandier »

Bump. It's been way too long for a complaint to be ignored.

Could someone actually do something?

rikaru19

Post by rikaru19 »

I'd think this is the wrooooong place to put topics like this.

Finlandier

Post by Finlandier »

rikaru19 wrote: I'd think this is the wrooooong place to put topics like this.
Well, it's in the same place as every 1000 other complaints are.

Don't see why it's in the wrong place.

rikaru19

Post by rikaru19 »

Finlandier wrote:

Well, noone is even responding to it... Think it is in the wrong spot.

Finlandier

Post by Finlandier »

rikaru19 wrote:
Finlandier wrote:

Yeah. Noone is responding to it because nobody gives a shit about the admin team not following rules. It seems like that they only care about players who 'break the rules'.

Even if it was in the wrong place, I'm sure some admin should've moved this post to another place. ...But no. I take it you're new to Citadel?

rikaru19

Post by rikaru19 »

Finlandier wrote:
rikaru19 wrote:
Finlandier wrote:

Yeah. Noone is responding to it because nobody gives a shit about the admin team not following rules. It seems like that they only care about players who 'break the rules'.

Even if it was in the wrong place, I'm sure some admin should've moved this post to another place. ...But no. I take it you're new to Citadel?
Nah, been playing for around a month now, only issue I have is with moronic murderboning antags, the occasional briefer, or Swarmers. Fuck those things.