RE-ADD BORERS!!!

Anything related to new features, changes, or icons should be posted here.
kitsun

RE-ADD BORERS!!!

Post by kitsun »

I know its been a while since we've had them as well as not a lot of people caring for their return, but I feel as if the roleplay opportunities its presents are unmatched as well as the concept of it alone being valuable.

Cortical borers: a worm like parasite that has the chance to spawn as a nutrual antagonist as a random event

concept: Cortacal borers replicate by infecting host's brain by crawling through their ear, and controlling their mind to produce more of their kin.

field gameplay: Cortical borers infect the host's brain (other humanoid players) by quickly crawling into it's ear, this is achieved by at least two seconds of time before it has successfully entered the host's brain, to which the host is alerted by a message saying "you feel pressure behind your ears." to which the borer is able to gain control of it's host after being on it for at least three minutes. the borer is also capable of injecting chemicals into the host's bloodstream, however, harmful regiments are forbidden. replication of it's kin is a process that begins immediately after infecting the host, to which the new borer will take around a minute to produce, and be ejected via vomiting through the host's mouth. after the borer has been inside the host for 10 minutes, it will be able to create regiments capable of possibly stunning or muting the host, as well as crocin (for all you special advantage takers out there).

"you are being controlled!" sprite
THE IDEAS FOR THIS ARE NOT TOO FAR OFF FROM THE ORIGINAL, TWEAKS TO THE IDEAS WILL BE MADE, VOICE YOUR OPINIONS!!!
yes, these sprites are my own.
(EDIT)
the borer would only be able to spawn via syndicates or xenobio

syndicate borers have ability to kill its hosts if nessisary, and has access to harmful regiments, and can overdose its host if it so desires

xenobio spawn borers are prevented from overdosing, have no harmful regiments, and are restricted from killing or harming hosts (and maybe they're not allowed to replicate either)
Last edited by kitsun on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

//pink|noodle\\

Re: RE-ADD BORERS!!!

Post by //pink|noodle\\ »

Yes, I really enjoyed playing a borer even though i've only done it once and i would love to see a comeback.

however there should be a big emphasis on the fact that you should be freindly to your host in the spawning message.

Along with that why would you restrict the more harmfull things with a timer? I'm not sure how that would help them if they've been in their host that long.

maybe you should give them more supportive boosts over time...

but yeee i wanna see them added!

kitsun

Post by kitsun »

//pink|noodle\\ wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:30 pm

maybe you should give them more supportive boosts over time...

but yeee i wanna see them added!
definitely, as well as the spawn message, the two would definitely be helpful, thank you for the positive feedback!

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

alright, code it
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Mime Mommy

Post by Mime Mommy »

re-add them, don't use these face hugger sprites doe