Revise rule 5.5

Anything related to new features, changes, or icons should be posted here.
derkuleen

Revise rule 5.5

Post by derkuleen »

Im making this post to catalog suggestions and support for revision of rule 5.5 on the main server.
The main issue with the rule as it were is that it promotes LRP gameplay and I would like to see it changed to help reach the goal of MRP. The current resting idea is a message is displayed upon cloning that would state something to the effect of: "your memory is too fuzzy to make out all the details of your death. you remember the location of your death but not how or who was involved." this, with a bit of fluff for RP reasons would go a long way to cut down on metagamming, since there is basically nothing stopping you from shouting who killed you where and how as soon as you clone. Future extensions of this idea is to add autopsy mechanics to the game so the detectives job is more in depth and it would help balance the loss players may feel from the nerf on clone memory. please add your support for this as i crusade to make the change to the rule!

derkuleen

Re: Revise rule 5.5

Post by derkuleen »

COPY PASTED RIGHT FROM DISCORD,

Bad Mentor (Justin Phillips)Today at 2:08 AM
I've got an actual suggestion:

To make cloning not have the person pop out and scream the name who killed them, change rule 5.5 to make it so they can't remember how they died.
But, to compensate for a reduced amount information, make it so that the detective can scan the body autopsy-like to see what killed them, and, if they resisted, the attacker's DNA from blood on the body or flesh under the fingernail.

This way it doesn't make cloning an auto-target for traitors, gives the detective more to do than just scan emmaged doors, and fixes the awkward part of someone being prescanned 30 minutes earlier and knowing exactly how they died.

Sturm3515

Post by Sturm3515 »

This needs to be a thing considering the standing rule 5.5 is basically a loophole to say "metagaming who, what, and how you died is perfectly fine so long as you got a prescanned even if it was 20-30+ minutes ago". It's utterly gamebreaking not only from a RP standpoint but just "muh realisms" unless the person in question somehow has a wifi dongle imbedded in their skull in order to keep uploading their memories to the clone record, which isn't a thing as far as I know even with SS13 technologies.

fattypenguin

Post by fattypenguin »

There is an SS13 branch that had autopsy report. I think it was baystation? I don't clearly remember but it was really nice and it gave some medical doctor and the detective more job. It was really fun to see the time of death and how the person died. It was way less game breaking and way more cool.

I'm in favor of dis