Whitelist

Anything related to new features, changes, or icons should be posted here.
AWingedHussar

Whitelist

Post by AWingedHussar »

I'd like to suggest a whitelist for jobs like Captain, HoS etc, I've encountered a lot of really shitty captains and heads lately but I'm not going to call anyone out. It's been really bugging me and I was hoping you guys could do something about it Image

Girdo

RE: Whitelist

Post by Girdo »

The thing about whitelists with BYOND is that you need to edit the server code every single time someone gets added to the whitelist.

So one of two things happen:

1. The whitelist is set up based on age/amount of time on the server. This will likely change nothing, as experience rarely breeds competency, and I have seen plenty of players who "know what they're doing" suck ass at being a Head of Staff.

2. The whitelist is set up based on applications, most likely through the forums. Cue staff strain as someone is appointed to read through EVEN MORE whitelist applications, this time for Head of Staff roles instead of just RP Server Access. Plus, in this scenario, there's really no good test or way to figure out whether someone will be a competent Head of Staff just by asking questions. 

TL;DR: It'd be really nice if there was a way to prevent stupid people from playing Heads of Staff, but unfortunately, a whitelist isn't the solution to the problem. It's just not feasible.