A while

Anything related to new features, changes, or icons should be posted here.
Azmodan412

A while

Post by Azmodan412 »

So, I've recently joined and I've seen a recurring theme around the ash-walkers. They die off SO EASILY against goliaths and throwing spears doesn't do anything at all. So, I've done a bit of digging and I think I've found something that can be done to improve ashwalker play: Impliment a tribal-style bone bow and some way to replenish ammunition like one bone makes four arrows, similar to how one metal makes two(four?) rods.

This'd greatly increase Ash Walker survival rates while hunting and a group of ash walkers with bows and melee weapons can hunt megafauna assuming they have teamwork to deal with the megafauna.

cebutris

RE: A while

Post by cebutris »

I've found a way to fight goliaths as an ash walker

get gud.

No but seriously, once you get their pattern down, goliaths are really easy to kill, if a bit tedious.
Awoo

Azmodan412

Post by Azmodan412 »

cebutris wrote: I've found a way to fight goliaths as an ash walker

get gud.

No but seriously, once you get their pattern down, goliaths are really easy to kill, if a bit tedious.
Problem is, I've learned their pattern but I've been playing more of a stay-at-home mother/father to the rest of the tribe, but they die off to goliaths.

Azmodan412

Post by Azmodan412 »

Bumpo?

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

Ash Walkers don't have ranged weapons for a reason. Plus, if a goliath can take a thrown spear to the face without any problem, I doubt a wimpy makeshift bow would be any good
Awoo

Azmodan412

Post by Azmodan412 »

cebutris wrote: Ash Walkers don't have ranged weapons for a reason. Plus, if a goliath can take a thrown spear to the face without any problem, I doubt a wimpy makeshift bow would be any good
The spears are makeshift weapons and as such do pitiable damage. The bows'd be the tribal equivalent of compound bows that exist nowadays.