Shut Down the RP Server (Sever a Malignantly Useless Limb)

Anything related to new features, changes, or icons should be posted here.
Cabbose

RE: Shut Down the RP Server (Sever a Malignantly Useless Limb)

Post by Cabbose »

Jay, I've seen your involvement firsthand. Fuck me in my yiff if there are more than 12 players on that server ever. I was the first person to say the whitelist was dumb. It took you all a couple months to give that up.

I was also they guy that said there should be standards for admins, before the lack of standards drove the bestmins away. I'm not usually the guy who is right, but fuck if y'all aren't taking your time proving me wrong.

The RP server should just be killed and higher RP standards should be pushed for the main server. A metashield would be a solid start. The validhunting on Cit is real.

Edit: Did you figure out that I didn't actually leak anything and that I was just fucking with Floyd, or do you just not pay attention?
Last edited by Cabbose on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

Forcing higher RP standards on the main server would do nothing but cause problems. This has been stated repeatedly on the Discord.

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

Why's that?

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

As of right now, the crowd that wants the server to have higher RP standards is the minority. A very vocal minority.

The vast majority of the server's players are content with the current LRP playstyle.

Put two and two together. By enforcing higher RP standards on the server, you'd be driving the vast majority of the server away just to sate the desires of a vocal minority.

BetaWolf

Post by BetaWolf »

Not just that, but the people who do enjoy LRP are the ones who complain about not being MRP and I personally see that people enjoy breaking into scenes on main to murderbone them as, say, ling.
Your friendly neighborhood mentor

Jay

Post by Jay »

I already said you being booted was from a large amount of other information from other servers. You have a pretty bad track record.

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

Except that's not true henk. I only played on Cit and then moved on to where I am now, as an elected member of the Tribunal and a PrimaryAdmin. The only other server I have any connection with in anyway is Floyd.

Edit: Given how burnt out you are for everything related to the server that I've gotten to see firsthand, it doesn't surprise me you'd do such a perfunctory analysis. I don't mind, seeing the staff culture firsthand made me realize what an uphill battle it would be to start fixing problems. Tekoro put 100 trying to fix it and that wasn't enough. I have more than enough on my plate as is with my set-up now. I can't really blame you, burnout is a very real part to what we do. I feel for you, man. I hope nothing for the best for you and your community and got nothing but love and respect for ya.
Last edited by Cabbose on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Which is fine and appreciated. But Floyd is the one who sent me the info as well as someone from Yog who saw you bragging about things.

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

Yeah, I know about it, and I didn't say anything on Yogs I didn't say openly in the Citadel Admin chat and have addressed there. If anything, what I said in the adminchat is harder than outside it.

Like I told you the night this went down.

Sorry to hijack this thread y'all but I don't think the RP server is getting shut down and enforcing higher RP standards on the main server is a non-option as staff don't have the manpower for something like that.