Admin Complaint - Jade Manique

Knightfall5

Admin Complaint - Jade Manique

Post by Knightfall5 »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Jade Manique

Your BYOND name: Knightfall5

Date of issue and round ID: 2/15, 8:10pm EST~, RP server. Round IDs don't exist for RP server from what I was told.

Reason for complaint: Joined in as a doctor named Damascus, went over to medbay and found the door jammed open with a medibot. After a short IC conversation, they go into a LOOC rant pictured here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png and promptly quit.

The summary of the IC events is as follows. Hank Walker, a cargo tech who also works as a doctor quite often, had used a medibot to get into medbay and prop the doors open with it, in order to treat a dying crewmember. Three medical staff were off on an expedition and two were unresponsive, so while five people were on the manifest in medbay, zero of them were capable of helping after being called. Damascus joined in after these events happened, goes to medbay, and gets in a short IC talk before devolving into the LOOC rant above. The medibot into the doorway was deemed powergaming, and Hank treating people while not a doctor job-hijacking.

After the round we found out Jade was Damascus, with Jade becoming hostile in discord, pictured partly here, with more earlier on: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png after Nitsah posted the LOOC logs, and repeatedly stating Hank was banned for powergaming and LRP behavior, which makes it obvious no staff involved did any investigative work, with the punishment handed down being revoked after other admins log-dived and overturned the punishment, which was handed out by Brimcon.

After talking with a number of people, the general consensus is that Jade lost their temper and got other staff to involve themselves with only half the story, resulting in an unfair and biased punishment. Maybe this isn't the case, but regardless the LOOC ranting and discord hostility is still completely uncalled for over a completely IC situation, that they made no real effort to understand before going off the rails.

Sylas

Re: Admin Complaint - Jade Manique

Post by Sylas »

This complaint is laughable and the term 'admin complaint' only has standing in the fact that Im an admin. Nothing administrative was done on my side, this is literally just you complaining about nothing in regards to me.

Firstly, I was not hostile. I was honest. And this 'complaint' only further proves my comments off screen that everyone that flipped out cant handle honesty.

I also never brought up my issue with Hank to staff, they went to me after someone else ahelped, and I explained what I was irritated about.

Additionally, get your information right. I repeatedly explained the only issue related to the round was Hanks lack of interaction, then expressing a 'big brain' flex about setting up a medibot to open medbay if self harming, for illicit entry.

I wasnt involved in any punishment, of which there was none.
As for the Looc rant, grow the fuck up. People are allowed to complain, I complained, then left, making myself not involved in the round anymore, because I didnt want to deal with it.

Knightfall5

Post by Knightfall5 »

Your attitude only reinforces my point, the complaint is not laughable. We were told by multiple admins to make a complaint about this, and I personally ran it by other staff before making this complaint. I, and many other people, want to know just how much involvement you had in this, and the only way we can find out is by making this complaint.

Would you care to point out where you repeatedly explained that the only issue was a lack of interaction? Because all I can find is you repeatedly saying powergaming and LRP behavior https://imgur.com/a/7mh5cQs

There was no punishment because it was overturned, so you technically aren't wrong.

Sylas

Post by Sylas »

My best guess is you were complaining to admins either on the discord server or in DMs, and were given the default 'make a forum complaint' response.

A note is also not a punishment, so regardless of if it was overturned or not, he wasnt being punished, simply warned.

And that screenshot is clearly missing context. Thats not repeatedly pointing out an offense, its, in order, an explanation about why he was bwoinked, my informing what he was in trouble over, and me telling nicc what the shitstorm was about, because he asked.

My only involvement in this incident is being asked what happened because the person who ahelped referred Brimcon to me.
I didnt push for punishment, I didnt even ahelp, I just said to the effect of 'im not dealing with this shit' and left.

Knightfall5

Post by Knightfall5 »

The initial "Make a complaint" popped up in staff forum on discord, but I wasn't convinced at the time to bother. I never DM'd any staff about it, it came up later when I was talking to a couple and I decided to go ahead with it after being convinced to do so. Worst case scenario my assumptions are wrong, but it's impossible to know without asking. I'm not going to name names or speak for other people, if said staff want to make their comments public they know this thread exists and can do so.

I don't have anything else to add, I've made the grievances public insuring they don't just sit lost in discord, not just my own but those from other people.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

regardless of if it was your fault or not if you are overly hostile to people in LOOC or discord it looks really bad on you and when the person you were yelling at in LOOC gets in a heap of shit people might assume you're responsible whether or not you are, admin or non admin.
i find it hard to defend you yelling at people in LOOC like that when I've threatened to ban people before for using looc as a channel to yell at each other rather than its intended purposes.

notes are absolutely administrative punishments. the definition of administrative action should be something done officially by an admin using their admin powers/jurisdiction in response to a situation/scenario.
no one getting banned doesn't mean no one got punished. notes can result in people getting banned, make them ineligible for staff roles/certain roles, and make them have a bad impression on other admins who don't know them personally and only have notes to go off of, notes that they generally assume to be true. this is why i recommend anyone who has false/inaccurate notes to appeal them, as well as bans, even if it's over (last i checked we don't have policy about this) because it is still something on your permanent record, which will be referenced in the future, even if it'll have less of an impact as time passes. still records, so if it's wrong, appeal it. and no, i'm not saying to appeal years old crap, i'm saying if you feel like you have a wrong note to appeal it, this goes to anyone, as soon as possible. if you wait for too long you just look like a dunkass.
saying the only thing that counts for action/punishment is a ban is just reinforcing people complaining we don't do shit just because we don't instantly ban whoever they complained about.
at times, getting noted in certain ways can be just as bad or worse than a ban, god forbid if you are unlucky enough to end up on the admin watchlists.

also if you call people out in discord that they never play when they actually spend a good amount of time on the server yes they are going to get insulted. nitsah isn't free of fault at all and they honestly don't know how to conduct themselves in a respectful way a good amount of the time but hurling untrue accusations and denouncing them as only a shitposter when they spend more time than a good amount of our players actually on average on the server is just insulting to them.

a lot of the time we have situations where someone is not properly conducting themselves but if you respond to it with your own unbecoming retorts and reactions it will just make everything so much worse and turn what could have been defused into a clusterfuck

in short, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLrKhwdFV0k no one should be this guy.

that said nitsah/alexch2 please behave yourself as well because you'd have a load more credibility and weight if the only person who acted out of line was jade and not you fanning the flames. like really, lots of people in this community seems to at times have a legitimate point but then end up tossing it out the window with how they present it.

kfive

Post by kfive »

My only contribution to this is that this is not the first time something like this has happened regarding Jade - I was once a regular doctor, went in to make three standard bottles of stuff my character stocked while Jade was the chemist (the fridge was empty and none of what I was making was really important enough to proritize, also character design reasons). Jade produced the salt in LOOC and apparently saying my character was designed with that sort of minor misdemeanour in mind isn't good enough a reason.

I ended up getting bwoinked by Gorgilisk over it because of what I later found out to be a shitstorm in adminchat over it.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Discussion was had with Sylas about the events and the way the OOC communication was handled.