[MAIN] Xantholne

Putnam

[MAIN] Xantholne

Post by Putnam »

Byond name: Xantholne
Your BYOND name: Putnam

Date of issue and RID: 3/13/2021 26384

When the warden was powertripping a bunch, creating a bunch of tickets and chaos for the round, which already had a bombed-out station with multiple sections of separated pipes, spaced maint, etc., decided that the main issue with the situation was that the antags were defeated early and that the best way to deal with the situation was via a mice migration and an immovable rod. No rationale was given before these busses, nor was there any warning beforehand, nor any discussion among any other admins. The only hint towards the mice migration that I got was xantholne saying, in deadchat, "should i make putnam angry with me", which doesn't really imply "should I bus an event that is literally designed to do nothing but annoy the engineers in order to get back at security".

In general, this is kind of part of a larger pattern recently of people being way, way too trigger happy with adminbussing. There was a round a few days ago where two admins, without saying anything in achat, bussed two blobs at once, apparently having each decided outside the game to bus a blob then both doing so at the same time, not having coordinated which should do it. That's just fucking ridiculous, y'all, especially given that that round was already reasonably action-heavy. There's a general pattern of not enough discretion toward admin bussing around here that I think should really be addressed, and this complaint's just a symptom of it that happened to piss me off personally by way of "bussing two events in response to security gamering antags that have literally nothing to do with security and only mess with the solo engineer".

Xantholne

Re: [MAIN] Xantholne

Post by Xantholne »

There where 2 tickets created both aimed towards the warden within 20 minutes of the round as every antag was killed then permad with tracking implants by 20 minutes. There was no super high chaos for the entire round up to the roughly 1 hour 40 minute mark when the antags who had quite literally been in perma who at the most had the AI let one of them run out before they were promptly put back in by the HOS. The only other antag evne made at random was a nightmare who got outted and killed within 5 minutes. Originally I was the only one on, antags are dead or in perma,

I tried to give the round something as a means of any sort of excitement for anyone prior to you logging on and joining as an atmos tech. When I said "Should I make putnam angry with me" in dead chat; was because some 2/3 of the events we can trigger to try to add anything would effect you, as an atmos tech admin, in some shape or form from mice migrations which are minor issues to a rod with varying results. The other options are spawning an antag that could unbalance the round too harshly such as blob, aliens, abductors, space ninja, and so forth which wuld not be viable when the 3 antags alive are all in perma still but still able to potentially do something if they can get the chance.

Looking at the events panel even, for a dead round where nothing has been going on and people getitng angsty, these are the events that neither spawn antags nor make engineers lives miserable, as you put it.
aurora caelus
brain trauma
disease outbreak
bounty
hallucination
radiation storm maybe????
spontaneous appendictis
cargo pods
trader
maybe vents??
cow

Of these, none really add to a round aside maybe disease outbreak; where the antagonists have been voted for. Realistically, anyone signing up for an engineer job even, is saying they want something of enterest to go on. The fact that the AI with two engineer shells and another borg entirely did not manage to catch every issue made in the first ten minutes by the triple contractors making themselves known very early isn't uncommon as they cannot feasibly find everything that's gone on.

The round itself even only got bad at the end after everyone was fed up after quite literally two hours of being in gay baby jail with a pushy powertripping warden staring them down the entire time; you can inquire to anyone from krab_spider, hatterhat, colbster, or even the hos at the time grayrachnid, nothing had happened at all after the start until the fiesta that began near the last 20 minutes. Anything in the middle such as a ghost clown car was the most that even happened in the middle of the round.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

Why was not spawning an antag a criterion? If I saw that situation, I'd honestly spawn in a ninja and bus in a jailbreak objective, with the understanding that they should probably just fuck off after. This is a thing one can do, controlled adminbus kinda requires getting someone to play along. The thing is, it can't just be "something happening", if the warden's causing problems then a rod is going to make the warden just stay in the brig and continue to cause problems.

Cameron Lancaster

Post by Cameron Lancaster »

If none of the options you see for adding interest to the round are particularly good at doing it, doing nothing is a solid option that is very viable to take.

The0bserver

Post by The0bserver »

Cameron Lancaster wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:42 am
If none of the options you see for adding interest to the round are particularly good at doing it, doing nothing is a solid option that is very viable to take.
I'm sorry sir, but this is a 5 month old complaint, and more importantly, it's one you have literally no dice in the game about, seeing as you do not actually play the server. I'm gonna need to see proof of who in the fuck asked you about your opinion on this situation.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

My opinion the matter is that some mice and an immovable rod really isn’t major. One is a nuisance and the other a hazard, especially if the station has the misfortune of it looping, but it’s not far beyond what would happen in a normal round of Spess. Compare that to a double blob, which is way beyond what sort of chaos naturally occur and, if the complaint was about that, I would agree that some people would need a talking to.

The events weren’t a great addition to the round, simply adding onto your workload, so in that sense it was excessive but it was not egregious. I can understand that it might have been difficult to thread the needle of adding some excitement without releasing the three trapped antags and having them all rampaging through the station but, if none of the options among random events seem appealing, admins have broad latitude to add whatever they feel is appropriate to the round with expectation that they’ll be responsible with it. They shouldn’t feel hamstrung by the options on that page for adding something to the round.

With that said though, admin bussing hasn’t been much of an issue lately to my awareness. So, unless you feel like there’s something to be discussed on this particular complaint, I would like to close it up by saying that if you feel bussing has become an issue again, reach out to me and we’ll try to get it sorted out before it becomes too big a deal.