[TheLordME] Maintainer

LordME

[TheLordME] Maintainer

Post by LordME »

Experience with Github:
Member since end of 2019, almost 200 contributions on different repos, mostly issues and Pullrequests.
One of the guys to ask when there is issues with PR creation for CitRP

Experience with BYOND:
Decent understanding how Object oriented Programming works, all contributions are for SS13 repos.

Experience with SS13:
Only BYOND game I play or contribute to, other servers than CitRP I play include TGMC, CM, Baystation12, and a bunch more.
Contributions have happend on CitRP, Baystation 12 and TGMC

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP):
As of me writting this I am #17 contributer on CitRP, sorted by commits, mostly been doing minor content additions, fixes, and adjustment of mechanics to work more like described in the lore.

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?:
Already been doing a bunch of helping out with people for Git, Github and with reading the code for understanding of mechanics.

Auraknight

Re: [TheLordME] Maintainer

Post by Auraknight »

I don't really view myself as 'Qualified' to give + or - to maintainer apps, as I'm honestly not good enough at such things myself to evaluate if someone's doing a good job or not. In the interest of not leaving this without anyone posting on it, however...

From what I know of you personality wise, and your recent activity on the server, I'm more then happy to give a +1

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

There's been some discussion around this application for a few days now. I personally have been largely hesitant to endorse your application, not because I believe you're a poor fit, but simply because I don't think you've produced enough work to be properly judged. Ideally I'd like to see more original code PRs, as there's no real sense of how you implement new work or rather, a sense of your design style overall. At this current time, it has to be a -1 from me, though I'd be interested to see you reapply in a few months, when you have more contributions and features under your belt.

LordME

Post by LordME »

I doubt that what ever I produce over the course of a month, or three weeks now, will be any different from the 51 PR I already got merged.
If being place 15 contributer for Commits, 14 for line additions and 11 for deleteions isnt enough to qualify then then I doubt that the next 3 years will produce anything to qualify either.

LordME

Post by LordME »

Update: its #12 on commits, #13 on additions, and #11 on deletions

LordME

Post by LordME »

LordME wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:52 am
I doubt that what ever I produce over the course of a month, or three weeks now, will be any different from the 51 PR I already got merged.
If being place 15 contributer for Commits, 14 for line additions and 11 for deleteions isnt enough to qualify then then I doubt that the next 3 years will produce anything to qualify either.
I am really just applying for maintainer to help tidy up the repo, close issues that cant be reproduced, because they have been open for two years and help with Testmerging and merging, so Kev and you dont have to play hot potato about it

Zandario

Post by Zandario »

I for one would be grateful to have another Maintainer that is versed in the backend side of things, easing the load off of Kevinz and I. Not a big deal to me if they don't really do big massive projects, I appreciate that they do a lot of smaller things here and there. Definitely have a good understanding of how things behave and is not afraid to ask questions.
LordME wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:27 am
I am really just applying for maintainer to help tidy up the repo, close issues that cant be reproduced
Yes please

A definite +1 from me.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

I acknowledge that we need another Maintainer somewhat desperately. However, I have serious issues with giving ME this level of access, due to their long-exhibited pattern of volatility. The amount of times LordME has closed all of their open projects and left the server at the drop of a hat when something offends them is more than I'd prefer for someone interested in a serious staff position (the preferred number is zero). I don't have any expectation of reliability from ME due to this pattern, and I consider the approval of this application to be more of a risk than a benefit.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

they pass the vibe check codewise far as i'm concerned

everything else should be addressed though

LordME

Post by LordME »

Captain277 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:51 am
I acknowledge that we need another Maintainer somewhat desperately. However, I have serious issues with giving ME this level of access, due to their long-exhibited pattern of volatility. The amount of times LordME has closed all of their open projects and left the server at the drop of a hat when something offends them is more than I'd prefer for someone interested in a serious staff position (the preferred number is zero). I don't have any expectation of reliability from ME due to this pattern, and I consider the approval of this application to be more of a risk than a benefit.
I understand your concern, and it is understandable how you came to your opinion about me.

I concidered your statments for the last couple of days, and went through the chat logs of the days I closed PRs.
When the PR wasnt faulty in and of itself, I closed PRs without any arguments on discord, which matches my own memory that I simply decided to take a break, and not announce it.
These breaks were solely due to IRL circumstance, and the only time I remember a break being partially caused by an incident was in May of this year.

As for the question of reliability, I am not sure what you mean with that, do you mean that I wont delete the Repo?

I am aware that I can have a short fuse at times.
I also know that I can't persuade you by telling you that you are wrong.
I layed out how I percieved it and hope that you can agree with enough parts to reconsider.