Main Moderator Application: Kitsun (Jecca)

kitsun

Main Moderator Application: Kitsun (Jecca)

Post by kitsun »

BYOND ckey: Kitsun
Character name: Jecca Qua
Discord username (+user id): LeglessLizard#6480
Reason for application:

My time here on citadel main has been a very large learning experience, not just learning mechanics of the game or sitting and thinking about what went wrong after being scolded by another admin, but as well as learning what could be done to help the server be better. I've seen a lot of misbehaviors and have even ratted countless of them out to other staff. I simply want to help the staff team to eradicate the issues presented nearly daily with better efficiency, as I've been observing many of them not online when needed to sort out an issue, I feel as if a member with my time zone might help tremendously. simply put, I want to make sure that others have fun with a game that they enjoy, and I'm willing to protect that enjoyment, even if it means my frustration and time spent on solving a problem.

(EDIT)

I see players all the freakin time that I've never seen before just start killing others with no admins on.. I've seen people welder bomb the shuttle, with no admin to whack em for it.. ive seen people kill others and the round end to show: none of them were antags. so i think to myself: "how can i stop that. how can i make citadel just a little better to play and make it so the people who are being shits, not have another round to repeat their actions"

as derkuleen has stated: I desire to cull the bad behaviors when other admins are busy and are not available to do so. I care about the quality of the server and wish nothing more than to have others have fun too, and not be sitting in deadchat for the entire round because some newjoin with a ic randomized character with no flavortext and named "AGENT 47 XD" strangled them to death In the bar and hid their body in the back closet.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

I would first have to know what they're arguing about before action is taken, if I see IC information being said in the out of character chat, then I might have to mute the one or both of them who are releasing said info, send a PM to one of them asking why they're disrespecting another player, and point to the rule list to say "respect other players, that's part of the rules, you understand this, correct? (if ic in ooc is being said): releasing the icky oocky into ooc isn't really respecting other people either, you're ruining the entire point of the game to others by doing that" depending on the level of which they're disobedience of this rule goes and weather they have had previous offences of the same issue in the past will determine how harshly they're punished as well as for what they're getting disabled from, from only maybe a few hours to a week would be my low and maximum punishments for such

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

If I were to be personally part of the offence or victim to rule breaking, I would immediately check for any other staff to aid in dealing with the issue, Staff regulations require this, and I would be sure to get help on the subject as fast as I can. IF the situation escalates to something less personal and more destructive of other player's experiences, I would only take action to cease them so I can continue to have outside help on the matter, as well as possibly repair the damage done if such conditions allow me to, however loosing is part of the game, and I am not always going to be allowed to fix damage done by others, even if it was not meant to happen.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

There's a few ways, first I would need to check their notes, see if they have any history of causing issues similar to the one currently being caused, as well as check how long they've been playing. If it's a new player, and they have no notes or record of misbehavior, I would give the minimal punishment time to them, a simple slap on the wrist. If the player has been playing for some time, and they've caused this issue before, then the punishment time will increase to double, they've already been told not to do what they've done in the past, we shouldn't need to tell them again. if the player is new to the server and is already killing people without being an antag, I would question to see if they're being serious or not in questioning, if the player replies poorly or fails to have good reasoning, I would likely issue a permanent ban. if the player says "oh well I didn't read the rules lol" then it'd be a 200 hour temp ban, as well as a ban note saying what they did and to link them directly to the rules page. IF there is a new player who has read the rules and seems to have no real intent on making the same mistakes again, knows what they did and understands the severity of it, then the ban time will be reduced drastically depending on the type of offence they have committed. if a player has been playing for a while and has a long history of committing the same offences over and over again, I might ask another admin who has issues bans in the past about the idea of permanently banning said player, not before issuing the "repeat offender" ban time, which would be 144 hours.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

If I were playing whilst other admins were online and active at the time, I de-adminning might be worth considering, to preserve the enjoyment of my round and not be spoiled by people ahelping. if an admin at that time requires assistance on a growing issue, then I might re-admin to help out. if I see there are no admins on during a extended round, I would keep my admin privileges on, make sure that I can see any incoming ahelps and respond to them as fast as I can. if I am to be playing on a secret round with no other admins on, I would de-admin until I either die or I see an issue outright. if I am ready for a round that is about to be secret, I will be sure to de-admin once the round has started and I am inside the game and playing.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

Admins on citadel are there to make sure the rounds go smoothly and that the game is played how it's meant to be played, making sure people abide by rules and the people who are keep having fun, and its their responsibility to ensure players aren't interrupted by people who seek to ruin the fun for others, or to tell players and teach them that rules are meant to be followed.
Last edited by kitsun on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

derkuleen

Re: Main Moderator Application: Kitsun (Jecca)

Post by derkuleen »

let me first express my disdain for our one dimensional questions, having read a series of answers essentially the same as others due in no small part to the fact there is only one way to answer the questions.
let me next express my concern: Jecca has a temper. We've talked in game and out of game and I've expressed this concern to you my self. If you want to be a mod you best keep it in check or use the experience as a chance to work on it. I need some sort of reassurance from you that you will be able to keep a cool head and be able to do the duty's of a staff member logically and fairly given the chance.
let me then say this: Undoubtedly you've expressed desire to help cull bad behavior on the server and I really dont know a better way to do it than to join staff. We can always use more mods to help identify and target those that are constantly shitters your hours are fairly desirable too, as i know, you spend quite a bit of time on when we have low pop. For that reason alone id suggest this go through.

kitsun

Post by kitsun »

to quote the temper thing, i have been taking forms of meditation as well as some medication to help relax myself before I even begin playing, the higher endorphin levels really help to cushion any negative emotions, plus just having people to talk to helps raise it too, thank you derk! :heart:

Nyny

Post by Nyny »

I wish to go through with this app. Overall has shown improvement and haven't seen much temper issues. I see them being able to meet the task at hand, especially during low pop hours.

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

I will go for -1 for now due to temper issues , if you are having to medicate yourself for this sort of thing it might not be a great idea for you to take on this kind of role anyways.

kitsun

Post by kitsun »

geemiesif wrote:I will go for -1 for now due to temper issues , if you are having to medicate yourself for this sort of thing it might not be a great idea for you to take on this kind of role anyways.
not necessarily medication as it is just having cool glasses of water when things are getting tense. should've specified, my bad!

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

1485355388161.jpg
1485355388161.jpg (34.36 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

kitsun

Post by kitsun »

Ragolution wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:31 pm
1485355388161.jpg
?

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

I can not currently offer my support for this application. While I believe you're an acceptable player, I can't say that I've seen much of the attitude or behavior that I look for in staff members. A fair bit of points in your application here kind of outline this to me, being more hyperbole than professionalism. While of course it's hard if not impossible to predict future behavior, I'd like to see more positive before I offer support in a later round of applications.

Worgilisk

Post by Worgilisk »

Your answers seem largely alright, though the concerns raised by fellow staff have me hesitant to offer my wholehearted support,
The best I can offer is a +0.5