[UntoldTactics] Moderator Application

UntoldTactics

[UntoldTactics] Moderator Application

Post by UntoldTactics »

BYOND ckey: UntoldTactics.
Character name: Jasmine Frost.
Discord username (+user id): •^•#8952
Reason for application: Well, I love the server, to sum it up, I wanna help out and keep the server something people will enjoy, as well as become more of a prominent member in the community.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Well, assuming they are talking in OOC, I would let them debate for a reasonable amount of time, if it seemed to get more hostile during that or doesn't resolve in a timely manner, i'd ask them to take it elsewhere as it would be detrimental to the game, if they do not do this I'd have to hand out punishment in some form, maybe muting them from talking in OOC or such. (depending on what moderators can do in such a situation mechanically wise)

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Well, they wouldn't answer their own problem, due to things like bias, they'd allow another admin to review the situation and do what's needed, maybe de-admining themselves and such, unless the situation was something that threatened the general round, such as a dummy with two BoH's or otherwise, an admin would not intervene in their own problems, and would allow for other admins to handle any situation they are too involved with.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
It depends on the severity, how long they've been in the server, and their intentions, if someone had done something that broke the rules, but appear to genuinely not know it was a violation of the rules, or did not intend to do it I would give a leaner punishment, someone who does break rules on purpose, knowing that doing so would incite admins to get involved, would probably be given a harsher punishment, you can also use the amount of time someones been in the server to gauge this innocence or purposeful rule break.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
An admin should de-admin them self when, in my opinion they are playing a role that's heavily dedicated to the round (A head role, or an antag role) or they get involved in situations that require admin intervention, they can also just de-admin themselves if they want to enjoy the round, provided there are other admins on to help handle anything that may arise during a round.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
In my opinion, an admin is expected to be unbiased in situations, mature and competent, they should be able to do their job, and know how to do it, they need to have a good knowledge of how the game actually works mechanic wise for certain situations that may arise, as well as having a high level of patience, as some investigations into situations may take a while, due to log-searching and otherwise.

Ragolution

Re: [UntoldTactics] Moderator Application

Post by Ragolution »

What do you mean when you say admins should deadmin when they 'get involved in situations that require admin intervention'
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

UntoldTactics

Post by UntoldTactics »

Ragolution wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:39 pm
What do you mean when you say admins should deadmin when they 'get involved in situations that require admin intervention'
I would assume one would need to deadmin in the event they get involved in a situation that another admin needs to investigates to prevent them from accidentally interfering in such process.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I'd comment here, but, I don't really play CitMain so I don't particularly know who you are, but, the name Jasmine rings some pleasant bells from when I did play CitMain a few months back. If you are who I think you are, then, this has my support. All you answers check out after reading the little convo you had with Ragolution; just for clarification sake, though, Admins don't need to de-admin when handling situations that require another admin's intervention, doing so can actually prove to be detrimental to bring the situation to a close as a whole. Staying adminned is better more often than not- and, on RP, you can only re-admin with the help of another Admin. VOREcode.

UntoldTactics

Post by UntoldTactics »

AvaricePleonexia wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:40 am
I'd comment here, but, I don't really play CitMain so I don't particularly know who you are, but, the name Jasmine rings some pleasant bells from when I did play CitMain a few months back. If you are who I think you are, then, this has my support. All you answers check out after reading the little convo you had with Ragolution; just for clarification sake, though, Admins don't need to de-admin when handling situations that require another admin's intervention, doing so can actually prove to be detrimental to bring the situation to a close as a whole. Staying adminned is better more often than not- and, on RP, you can only re-admin with the help of another Admin. VOREcode.
Ah okay, that makes sense I guess, thanks for clarifying that and if I am who you think I am thanks for the support! .3.

buffalowing

Post by buffalowing »

Always pleasant to interact with +1

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

I'll throw in a +1 as well, all the time I've talked to UntoldTactics it's been wonderful, they're knowledgeable and always want to help out.

Kered

Post by Kered »

Whilst my interaction with you hasn't exactly been plentiful, your status as a mentor does lend to your credibility in being willing to help with the server in an engaging and positive manner. The issue regarding the deadmin wording has already been addressed, so I'd express my support.

UntoldTactics

Post by UntoldTactics »

me withdraw this - im a cm mod now so I cant be staff for other servers