[Mouseofthecake] - Admin Application

mouseofthecake

[Mouseofthecake] - Admin Application

Post by mouseofthecake »

BYOND ckey:
Mouseofthecake
Character name:
Nova, Pip, Artificial Degeneracy, PM-2851, et cetera.
Discord username (+user id):
Laughably Creative Name#9839
How long have you played on Citadel?:
Almost a year, now.
How long have you played SS13?:
A year and a half.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?:
GMT-3, 00:00 to 22:00pm, depending on what I have to work with during the day.
Previous SS13 related admin experience:
None. I did figure out some of the basic mechanics in a local server, though.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience:
Adminned for a bunch of G-mod servers.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application:
From my previous 'application'; Hazel, Kevin, Buffalo, and Keek.
Reason for application:
I feel like finally contributing towards bettering the community by keeping things calm and helping solve whichever conflicts present themselves. I also have a lot of free time as of late, which could help me keep a steady schedule in the RP server.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Try to calm down the discussion. If neither party wants to tone it down, tell them to take the argument somewhere else. If they still refuse to stop, OOC-mute them. Note according to repeat-offenders, or if the topic of discussion was particularly controversial.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Ahelp it as if they were a normal player. Admins aren't supposed to deal with their own ahelps, unless it's an emergency and literally no other admins are available.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
By taking into account how the offender's breaches have jeopardized another player's fun or ability to act in a round. If the offender did something that would result in a perma-ban, consult with other admins before noting the player appropriately and executing the ban.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
While playing security and command jobs, in order to avoid metagaming and undue stress, as those jobs have to deal with enough trouble on their own. An admin may de-admin themselves if they wish to enjoy a round as a normal player would, however, they may only do so when there is another admin online and available.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To remain professional while dealing with situations, and to always treat players respectfully. Some measure of neutrality is expected when solving debates, as well as when dealing with in-character issues that would require Central intervention. It is also expected that an admin won't use their powers to wreck the round for no reason, or to abuse players for their own enjoyment.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Mouseofthecake] - Admin Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Much better. Mousey is a good fellow, and, has my support now that the application isn't a meme.

buffalowing

Post by buffalowing »

Best mouse. +1

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

good lad +1

Soulstolen

Post by Soulstolen »

I appreciate personally the much more professional application. I can't say I have much to say, you are a good person who has been calm and collective in situations where admin intervention has been needed. Your answers are pretty clear and cut and I like them. I can see you becoming apart of the team at some point. +1

Useroth

Post by Useroth »

I liked the grug one better.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Repeating my post about Mouse being a good player and would make a good admin. +1 from me.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

bump.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Personally on the fence on you myself to be honest, strikes me as a bit unusual but I'm willing to give you a shot seeing as much of the other staff support you.

Aight you're in.