H.I.Jinxy Admin Application for Main

CoffeeJinx

H.I.Jinxy Admin Application for Main

Post by CoffeeJinx »

BYOND ckey: H.I.Jinxy
Character name: Ore Xski, Luna De Salto, Zoey Ausonia, probably a few others I forgot cause they were one offs.
Discord username (+user id):HiJanxy#9163
How long have you played on Citadel?:About a year and some change
How long have you played SS13?: 2009 to nowish with various breaks over the years
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: EST for now
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None at all.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Various imageboard based projects over the years, and my actual job. If asked I'll answer in DMs it's rather easy to dox myself with this one.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevz
Reason for application: A mix of lack of admins in my playtimes and a desire to see actually active admins who don't show up once a year dictating policy.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation? Depends on the context. If it is a one time thing then hopefully solve it between the two in that issue/session/private message. If it is an ongoing issue then talk to staff about what they have done/seen before addressing it with team assistance. Dealing with problem members isn't fun in the best of times, but should be a team effort before dealing with. If the issue is X has done Y rule break Z amount of times that would be on my own personal opinion and would not require staff assistance.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention? Try and find nearest active/online admin. If none are available then make a note to address the issue when someone is online/active at the time. If I am the only active admin then will tell other parties as such and make sure to inform them that I am pushing it up the ladder as I am unable to address it without potential bias.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules? Context dependent. Depends on the severity of said rules break, how many times said rules has been broken by individual, how many times said individual has broken other rules, and many other factors that can't be a magic bullet answer. Really my take on this is "was it in bad faith." If someone breaks rules by accident then I'll be softer then if they did it on purpose, but on the same time someone breaking rules to showcase bugs/abuseable systems I will appreciate as it brings light to a situation. Certain things are hard hammer solutions such as consent rules/ exploiting bugs to "win" instances and just things I consider broader issues, but bad faith actors will be treated harshly.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing? If they are playing they should deadmin unless the only admin. Ran into this issue on most other projects and it's better to just not play for a bit and have transparency and a clean adminship then muddy the waters.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel? This applies to any adminship. There are two points to this. The adminship of a community and adminship of a game. Someone may be good for the soul of a community but bad for the actual medium. The middle ground is to understand that this is a server that has gameplay and adult features and a healthy medium is required. Someone who wishes to admin here has understand that it is an adult gameplay server. While I don't hold the dorm protection holy I do want folks to have the ability to explore character interactions in an adult and mature way. And to smash folks who join for trolling purposes via the most annoying ways. We are both an Rp, Adult RP, and gameplay server this is a juggling act for the best of admins. I just want to be able to assist the workload and make the operations smoother for folks that actually do the important stuff.

God help me I applied. Can ya see me ma? I'm a star!
https:// www. youtube.com/watch?v=HkpS2Sdu2io

borgsrbad

Post by borgsrbad »

Literally didn't read a word of this, my two cents is that I have known jinxy for a long, long time, and in those years they have successfully managed and kept together online communities several times the scale and drama/autism of citadel. Unsure of how well they would do for spess, but in terms of raw qualifications, you probably wont find someone better.

DeltaFire

Re: H.I.Jinxy Admin Application for Main

Post by DeltaFire »

Wow Jinxy actually applied

Flat +1 from me, answers are okay and they've been a good player in general. Can't exactly remember anything negative from recent times either.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

I'm gonna refrain from commenting on this one. Havent been around lately enough to see much besides small things here and there.

Xantholne

Post by Xantholne »

+1 good luck

buffalowing

Post by buffalowing »

CoffeeJinx wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:33 pm
Reason for application: A mix of lack of admins in my playtimes and a desire to see actually active admins who don't show up once a year dictating policy.
what do u mean by this?

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

+1 good post, same opinions as gray's regarding them.

Blubelle

Post by Blubelle »

This is me speaking as a trialmin currently so I dunno what my worth is, but I can argue that you've been well behaved from my experiences around you, and I believe you're capable.

+1

dzahlus

Post by dzahlus »

fun to play with, can work with teams and most importantly active on main

autistic as shit +1

CoffeeJinx

Post by CoffeeJinx »

buffalowing wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13 pm
CoffeeJinx wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:33 pm
what do u mean by this?
There are very few admins active whenever I seem to play. When I'm active it tends to be the same 1-3 admins and the same 0-2 trialmins. The rare times there are more then those folks on it is still that core group of regular admins I see responding to prayers, ahelps, mentorhelps and running events. On a broader scale this also leads to one of the issues Cit has. Staff can be on the roster and not be active. We don't have formal removal clauses and the punishments for shirking your volunteered obligations are minimal. Folks can take breaks, retire, quit the game ,but don't say you are willing to be on staff and active then just not do what you signed up for. Someone has to volunteer to become staff. No one is forcing staff to stick around, but have the decency to your fellow staff to demote yourself. Reapplying won't hurt anyone.