Artur_lang : MAIN Event Manager Application

Artur

Artur_lang : MAIN Event Manager Application

Post by Artur »

BYOND Ckey: Artur_lang
Character Name: Cecelia Ruiz
Discord Username (+user id):Artur#0489
Reason for Application: I've had a lot of fun making events as a event assistant, and I'd like to do some more, I've never seen any other event manager do anything during my timezone, and asking admins for the rank does not often work, so here I am asking for event manager
Team Applying For: Main

1. When setting up an event for the server, what should be taken into account as your to-do list before announcing the event to the discord/server?
Well, probably firstly I have to figure out what the event is about, give it a theme, a loose storyline mayhaps? Then once the event's in my mind or written, I'd ask around if anyone else's making a event during that time, or something else is happening, after perhaps make a vote for players for what specific time to do it in, and then I'd announce it, if it's big enough to warrant that

2. What is expected of an Event Manager on Citadel Stations (Main and/or RP)?
Not to fuck with administative issues, not force people too much into your plans and somewhat consistently do events, but also not to overdo it, and not to fuck over players in unfun ways with admin powers, as event managers are here to make fun, not to ruin other's
3. What would you call a fun addition to a current round if the players are wanting extra spice?
Hoo boy, for a fun addition to a stale round always depends on what's going on, depending if security is staffed, there are heads, or even the population amounts, sometimes it's fun to a smaller thing, if there's already an antag running around and causing havoc, but too small a thing probably wont be appreciated too much, so you really have to be aware of what's going on, or sometimes antagonists need a little push to get their fear in check and have the bravery to do something fun, a not so destructive thing for example would be to give random crew stands, and then make them a custom antagonist with the objective of dueling other stand users, it's unlikely to cause mass havoc, and itll cause great fun for even the spectators to witness the jojo memes, no?

4. If an event you're hosting is going off the rails, or that the players are reacting to the event in a way that is steering away from your original plan and idea,
what would you do at that point for the event?
If an event is going REALLY off the rails, like it sometimes really can, while you could try to control it directly by messaging them, it's sometimes more fun for example if your syndicate agents go rogue, is to send agents with the specific objective of removing the loose end(the rogue agent), though sometimes it's also wiser to just let things go as they are going, or if it's going near rule-breaking stuff, give it to admins

CygnusB
BYOND Username: CygnusB

Re: Artur_lang : MAIN Event Manager Application

Post by CygnusB »

lol tfw no one replied
you're based as fuck and I fully trust you to do any type of events
digging the answers too. +1
i'll poke staff to get a look into this rq

Artur

Post by Artur »

Didn't want to be annoying by spamming my app too much, but I suppose I should have done it a little more

timothytea

Post by timothytea »

you've spent a decent amount of time as an event assistant and you've been awesome, never had any issues with you before when playing either, nor do i see anything wrong with your answers +1