Tickle_M0nster 's RP Event Manager Application

Tickle_M0nster

Tickle_M0nster 's RP Event Manager Application

Post by Tickle_M0nster »

Tickle_M0nster : RP Event Manager Application

BYOND Ckey: Tickle_M0nster

Character Name: I'll just put a few. CVRIE, Croissant and Baguette Torture, and Katalinka

Discord Username (+user id): Athena #9480

Reason for Application: I've been wanting to contribute for some time, and I think my organizational skills would be most useful here.

Team Applying For: RP

1. When setting up an event for the server, what should be taken into account as your to-do list before announcing the event to the discord/server?
Check the lore, make sure it makes sense. Check the rules, make sure it doesn't cross any lines. Find volunteers. Have a clear plan.

2. What is expected of an Event Manager on Citadel Stations (Main and/or RP)?
To make things fun.

3. What would you call a fun addition to a current round if the players are wanting extra spice?
Depends. Could be a trader. Could organize some pirates to hit the ship. Could simply drop an ion law or grid check. All depends on the mood of the crew.

4. If an event you're hosting is going off the rails, or that the players are reacting to the event in a way that is steering away from your original plan and idea,
what would you do at that point for the event?
Roll with it. Worst thing I can do is break immersion. If I have time to plan, great! If not, I can improvise. I'm okay if things don't end the way I intended.

Tickle_M0nster

Re: Tickle_M0nster 's RP Event Manager Application

Post by Tickle_M0nster »

Almost forgot. Haven't done my age verification yet. I will have that done soon.

Keekenox

Post by Keekenox »

If I'm being honest I am against this application, not on the grounds of the specific application itself (it's an okayish app I guess) but I really just feel like we don't need more event managers at the time. I'd like to see a lot better guidelines and rules for event managers going forward before I am comfortable throwing my name into support of another application.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

I personally told them when they asked that I'd be okay with being their vouch. I stand by it. I agree with keek, but not so much that I'm ready to tell people to kick rocks while we "figure it out."

Tickle_M0nster

Post by Tickle_M0nster »

Sometimes the best way to help, is to get out of the way.

Hjorthorn

Post by Hjorthorn »

I know them well enough to verify they're a very good roleplayer and would likely have events with a stronger roleplay focus, so I'd give them a +1. However, it is true that we don't have an immediate need for new event managers, and there seems to be a lack of distinct quality control at this time. While I feel it would be good to have more events based around overarching plotlines and intrigue moreso than CentCom busywork, I also feel that oversaturating the server with events can lead a number of players to burn out.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

this is probably a good choice
i trust them to know event timing well

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

It'd be interesting to see what you could come up with, as you've been on the rp server for a bit nerd, so it's a +1 from me

Jaybirdnerd

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hey Tickle_M0nster,

I've seen you on often, we've interacted quite a bit even, that said I haven't really seen much out of you community wise that'd make me consider you for the position. This isn't a -1 or a +1 for your case, this is more or less a true neutral. I've thought on this for a while and still cannot come up with much to add onto your case to consider you viable for the job.

That said, I really do hope you understand my reasoning for not really giving a verdict on your behalf.

Thank you for your time,

~Jay

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

I've sat on this application for a while, waiting for a time when I felt like RP could use a fresh induction of Event Managers. From my perspective, now's that time. If you're still interested in this application, I'm giving it a +1.