Athena14 - RP Event Manager Application

Athena14

Athena14 - RP Event Manager Application

Post by Athena14 »

BYOND Ckey: Athena14
Character Name: Eden, Issac Khan, various others. (Those are my two mainly played characters at the moment.)
Discord Username (+user id): ody_sseus
Reason for Application: I've done three events for here so far via asking for event perms, and they've all gone pretty well. Pretty much my entire time here I've been enthusiastic with volunteering for events and occasionally helping the Event Managers run them. I've been hesitant to apply for EM due to past experiences staffing on some other servers, which left a bad taste in my mouth. I think here will be different, though.
Team Applying For: RP

1. When setting up an event for the server, what should be taken into account as your to-do list before announcing the event to the discord/server?
The most important part would be establishing a flow for the event. Planning is crucial, even before the event announcement. For instance, what is the event going to be about? Will it include combat, or be slice of life oriented? How am I going to start it, where will it lead and where will it end? This is my general to-do list so far when it comes to events, and what I think works best.

2. What is expected of an Event Manager on Citadel Stations (Main and/or RP)?
To be able to host events that provide an enjoyable and engaging experience to the player-base while offering chances for unique storylines and character arcs to develop and further flesh out the lore and players enjoyment. I have a decent amount of experience, but I hope to be able to create a truly unique event experience for those who decide to take part in mine. Even if it's minor stuff, like spicing up a boring round, giving ghosts the chance to take part in mobs and roleplay, etc.

3. What would you call a fun addition to a current round if the players are wanting extra spice?
It depends on the round. Do they want something more action oriented, or comfy and slice of life? Fun but minor stuff could include a CCO visiting the station and having service prepare food and clean the halls, while cargo orders decorations and luxuries service can't obtain. Maybe the spiders are getting rowdy again and webbing up the landing pad outside arrivals? Or bothersome Surt/Lavaland fauna have broken into the mining outpost? These are just a few examples, but a lot can be done.

4. If an event you're hosting is going off the rails, or that the players are reacting to the event in a way that is steering away from your original plan and idea,
what would you do at that point for the event?
A major part of being an EM is improvising. You need to plan for the players to not follow your plan and have contingencies. For instance, if the crew go another way instead of the direct route to the event, I can attempt to steer them back or quickly design the path they're going down while stalling with minor things, like combat encounters. If the participants missed a significant clue or the way forward to continue with the event, I can always narrate to them or make an announcement about a fax they missed.

Monara

Re: Athena14 - RP Event Manager Application

Post by Monara »

I've had you as an event character a lot, and seen some of the events you've ran yourself. +1

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya »

I've seen a few of the events you've ran with temporary permissions, I'm personally willing to support this.

+1

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

+1 You've been doing good with the event stuff whenever folks toss you the ability to run them, plus the few that I've seen weren't balls to the wall insane/sever breaking
Also eden is a nerd

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

You're a good event character, seem to do fine when handed temp perms. +1 from me

Serinexxa

Post by Serinexxa »

+1 You've been a big help in my own events, and had some interesting event characters. I'd be curious to see where you go from here.
I've finally breached the forums. Time to be evil. :heart:

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

you've contributed to the lore and are far as i'm concerned trustworthy

+1 from me

Blubelle

Post by Blubelle »

+1

nerd.
Dunno what to say that hasn't been said already.

Athena14

Post by Athena14 »

I can't believe I've been called nerd TWICE.

Murphy

Post by Murphy »

Nerd. Now it doesn't matter from me. But.

Big +1. Which is a nothing. But you got it, nerd.